Choose a discussion

Alan Partridge

Just finished his autobiography. Absolutely hilarious in parts and very loyal to the stories in I'm Alan Partridge and KMKY. I read the ebook but the audiobook is actually read by the man himself which would add another dimension to it. Ill probably get round to listening to all 6 hours some day. Check it out.

0 |

I thought the movie was brilliant.

0 |

Yeah, I enjoyed it. Hulk's a tough man to please when it comes to films though. Very exacting standards the big man has

0 |

i really wasn't mate sorry, the places of my life and mid morning matters both great but the movie thing doesn't fill my bucket for a comedy show-just doesnt work for me. Apart from a few wee lines and looks in alpha papa i thought it was pretty pish tbh:-/
just give him another series ye swines!

1 |

Haha @ just give him another series ye swines!

Sky Atlantic have gobbled him up now havent they? Wouldnt mind watching that show 'Open Books With Martin Brydon' he did for the release of the book.

0 |

yeah looks like it:-/
the trip is on again too havent watched the first one yet, i loved that show.

0 |

First ep of the Italian trip was decent enough

0 |

Are they doing the second one as a series? It sounds good. Love the impressions.

0 |

must watch tonight

0 |

Yep, series, on iplayer

0 |

The movie was very disappointing, but the audiobook is brilliant, so many laugh out loud moments.

0 |

Rewatching mid-morning matters for about the tenth time. Its pure gold.

"You are cleared to work with children aren't you?"

2 |

LOL

2 |

haha

0 |

It's almost more AP than AP.

0 |

Haha, superb

0 |

m.bbc.co.uk/news/enter...

0 |

the film was bad like, I felt embarrassed for everyone involved, seemed really stilted, second series yes, movie sequel no.

0 |

SPICE WORLD! Read and listened to the last one it was that good.

1 |

The film was disappointing, but the book was ruddy bloody brilliant.

0 |

Audiobook is best by far

1 |

2 |

mobile.twitter.com/Chr...

1 |

haha unreal

0 |

Any word of this new series of Mid Morning Matters?

0 |

lol

0 |

I reckon it'll be hard for anything to be funnier than Partridge. The cow on the boat series.

1 |

MMM was brilliant as was Welcome To The Places Of My Life. The TV show is something else though.

0 |

I remember first time I watched it. I seriously got sore ribs from laughing. I didn't believe that could happen.

1 |

When he rips the farmer to shreds in the interview. Pure gold.

1 |

The way he runs from his stalker is amazing too. Its exactly how you'd expect a man dressed like that to run.

1 |

Do you deny that? Your silence speaks volumes.

1 |

It's a dead end

1 |

You are a big posh sod with plums on your mouth

0 |

Locking the car and all then hurdling the wee fence into the field mumbling 'he's a mentalist' to himself

2 |

Haha. I'm laughing in a hostel dorm here. Hopefully no one has noticed.

1 |

Probably the funniest thing ever tbf.

2 |

What was the guys name?

0 |

I used to watch it on Gold back in the day when i came in reefed to the teef and have sore ribs like Flash said and be trying not to laugh too loud so as not to wake my ma and da.

1 |

Jed

0 |

I've heard Coogan is a complete cunt too. I think that makes me like the character even more.

0 |

Jed Maxwell?

0 |

Haha, aul Jed with the burnt down chair and arial-ator tea cup.

0 |

Aul David Copperfield losing the battle for wall space

1 |

"Tell you what, tell you what, its nine and a half thousand pounds"

1 |

Yous ever listened to the radio episodes? Very good too.

1 |

Partridge is genius. Can't think of any tv series since which has been as funny.

If you haven't read the book or listened to the audiobook I thoroughly recommend it.

"If I was feeling like a challenge, I'd kick out the plug, turn the taps on and see if I could maintain the exact water level. It was a bit like balancing the clutch in an old Mini Metro. Although tricky at first, by the time I checked out I could find the bath's biting point within three minutes. Satisfying? Just bit."

2 |

www.google.la/search?q...

0 |

Michael was just telling me an army story about a friend of his who slept with....a Land Rover.

1 |

He flipped it over and f f f f... it started first time.

0 |

"Mr. Partridge, he said he sells kitchens, right, for fifteen year’, but he cannot cook!"

2 |