0 |

oliticalscrapbook.net/...

0 |

0 |

www.private-eye.co.uk/...

0 |

www.businessinsider.co...

0 |

"David Cameron has signalled that he intends to ban strong encryption" what a lotta shite, this is a high level attempt at fooling us all into thinking the big tech guys are at odds with a government worried about crazy hackproof encryption when in fact the whole lot are in bed with each other trying to fool us into thinking our communications are private

0 |

It's all smoke and mirrors.

Many of the most commonly high-level encryption methods were developed by NSA (or some other US Security Agency, I was half-cut when I was told this).

Encryption isnt the issue, they just want you to use one that they have the backdoor for.

0 |

*commonly used

0 |

every single piece of communications that goes over the internet routes through GCHQ and NSA who must have some seriously crazy super computers to filter through it all, nothing is secure cept maybe a 2 empty tins of beans and a big long piece of string between em

0 |

Just waiting for Morpheus to Whatsapp me any day now.

0 |

boingboing.net/2015/01...

0 |

I've asked the IT Sec team here what they think of it. I'll keep yiz posted

0 |

The reply:

Yeah, this was in the news early this year and caused quite a stir then too. I think that Cameron is just saying what he thinks is right – but he does not have the technical knowledge to understand that this will be very hard to implement in reality.

I don’t think that some of the claims that is being made will come to fruit – i.e. banks will have to stop using encryption, etc. But what Cameron may try to do, is force software and OS developers to install backdoors so that they can access the data if the user is not available. This will of course make those systems and app less secure – take for example the backdoor that was put onto many Cisco products prior to the Snowden saga.

Cameron may also try to enforce that sites that allow communications (i.e. FB, LinkedIn, etc.) to use a lesser encryption or agree to cooperate with the government.

But I do not see Cameron banning all encryption and secure apps / systems (as some of the people have claimed) in the UK. This will not work – and I doubt he will get the backing to pass the law anyway.

Also, if you think of it – our privacy is already being eroded. Google records and stores all our searches, and anything we pass through the Google suite is monitored. FB has uses our data for marketing, and all our contacts are uploaded to the Whatsapp servers. Our phones are constantly broadcasting out our location, and everything is in the Cloud anyway – some of which are likely stored in countries that have no or little privacy laws.
===========================================

Nothing that surprising really. Just Cameron replicating The Thick Of It by trying to say what he thinks people want.

0 |

I think I might have been shouting "Tory Cunts!" at people in a field last Thursday

0 |

Fat White Family had loads of Tory Cunts and Thatcher's Dead messages on the screen behind them in Shangri La Hell.

0 |

good to see we might have inspired someone :)

Funny how your modd can swing from political activism to getting your hole to waking up outside a tent with a sleeping bag on your head and a hard on in such a short time.

1 |

*mind
*with

0 |

0 |

0 |

www.theguardian.com/po...

0 |

0 |

Why is she not up near the front of labour. She would be very popular

0 |

www.huffingtonpost.co....

0 |

the DUP doing their bit against austerity- voting against the gov welfare bill

The rest of the no votes in the main second reading division were 55 SNP, eight Liberal Democrat, six DUP, three SDLP, three Plaid Cymru and one each from Green and UUP.
www.theguardian.com/po...

0 |

Pity Labour decided they hated poor people.

0 |

www.facebook.com/photo...

0 |

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/...

0 |

"If i still had both my legs, I would have booted him in the nuts."

XD

0 |

Why would he even turn up to open a food Bank, is there something lacking in him

0 |

Yeah, self awareness

0 |

viz.co.uk/wp-content/u...

0 |

you.38degrees.org.uk/p...

0 |

www.theduckshoot.com/e...

0 |

www.mirror.co.uk/news/...

0 |

so they paid 500p a share for a bank on the verge of bankruptcy and after 5 or 6 six years of saving it they are selling it for 350p a share

Now that's good bizness by the G man

0 |

I wonder how many people who are outraged at this would fancy holding onto rbs shares if they had invested thier own money into it? If they had invested £10,000 it would now be worth £7000 after 5 years. Id be getting it out to fuck and investing it something else worthwhile.

0 |

they are not investing the money anywhere else... and the share price wasn't falling why not hold onto them until the price picks up and collect dividends ... or controversially use the majority shareholder status to do some public good

0 |

The price will rise when they're sold. Like Royal Mail shares did.

0 |

tbf royal mail ones went way back down again and are only slowly rising again...

0 |

Fat chance for dividends Pavlov, RBS hasnt paid dividends since 2008.

The fact the government is a majority shareholder is probably suppressing the share price, it will rise when they sell it which is a catch 22. George has the right idea idea to sell it off in little bits and gain more as the price rises.

0 |

That's what I heard someone saying on the radio this morning, which kind of makes sense.

0 |

fair enough... shame they only sold to institutional investors then..
was gonna try and buy some myself

0 |

Aye. It still smells a bit stinky.

0 |

Its more than likely George just selling the shares back to his chums he bailed out @ an overpriced 520p in 2008, doulble win for them

0 |

newsthump.com/2015/08/...

0 |

Cameron said: “A dinner party would be incredibly traumatic for people who only eat frozen ready meals. A whole chicken would look like an alien to them and they’d either attack it or call Sky News.

www.thedailymash.co.uk...

0 |

daily mash is a spoof site takki.lol.

0 |

Ffs takki thought you could Internet

0 |

lol I know it's a spoof site. Sure I started a thread on here to gather up other satirical news sites.

0 |