Choose a discussion

Tory Cunts

0 |

Ayr...was talking about possibly paying them around £2 / HR...apparently

AFAIK this is not strange in america....according to an article I read last year about a guy who had a house full of disabled people that he basically used as slave labour

0 |

My hero Jason Genova packs bags for half pay. keeps him of the streets.

0 |

0 |

Clearly not the story i was referring to...but was just checking i had taken it up correctly

fortune.com/2014/02/12...

0 |

USA has a shockingly low minimum wage, no minimum time-off allowance, people can be fired without notice, etc. FREEDOM

0 |

Do all states use 'at will' employment contracts?

0 |

my last job fired me without notice, had been there 2 years, didn't come in on a thursday and didn't phone them, they phoned me i told them i wasn't well, then i didn't come in on the friday, walked in on the monday and just acted like it was nothing. was bantering with the other guys in work, they were joking saying 'you're going to get sacked', and in the middle of me bantering to them all the reasons why they couldn't sack me, they all had gone silent, of course my fat cunt of a boss was standing behind me as i said it all.

i'm sure i could have appealed for unfair dismissal, couldn't be arsed tho. i think i'd only had 1 verbal warning for lateness before that, i was never madly late, just about 5 minutes late every single day. but that was just part of my MO.

anyway. hope you's enjoyed that.

0 |

Sounds like a call centre

Or a factory...

Who else would give a shit if you were 5 mins late.

0 |

i like the new policy exchange idea being considered... forcing workers to pay £5 a week to a private firms who would deal with unemployment payments (underwritten by the government in case the some how defraud the unemployed)

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

gotta say that sounds like a decent idea. I would pay it, depending on the detail. unemployment at the current rate of benefit is a nightmare so I would certainly pay for some additional insurance.

0 |

It doesn't sound like the worst idea in the world....bit I would like to know more about how it would be extended to cover social care etc....And how that would change the way the right to funding for social care would be changes for those without enough years working to fund their care... Ie those that have suffered from illnesses or disabilities and haven't been able to work up to retirement age...

0 |

I'd imagine since they're gonna drop levels on NI required that for people unable to pay in due to lack of work, for what ever reason, the picture won't be so rosy...
Esp since the employee contributions are being cut it the perfect excuse to cut employer too.

0 |

Dicks

0 |

In my last job the boss used to sit and check login times in the morning. If you were in the office and logged onto your computer she sent you an email saying latesness is UNACCEPTABLE (actual caps, I'm not just carrying on like molo) and will jot be tolerated. I was in for about quarter to near every day. Was late once in 6 months and logged in at 2 minutes past on my first week back after maternity and received a bottom rating of E on a scale of A-E for timekeeping in my mid year review. Fuck i hate that cunt nearly as much as she hates me.

0 |

And you took that E??

Fuck sake.

0 |

Yeah. At that stage she was the boss and there was nobody else to go to really. I had a blazing argument in her office with her for about 2 or 3 hours relating to that and any number of other things but in the end just got on with it. Anything for an easy life and all that. I wasn't there for the long haul, just for something convenient at the time which fitted my experience and would pay for training. I think you already know how that turned out. And yes I took the company dick again at the end for an easy life :)

0 |

Lmao...I can't blame you for that one...the easy life has a lot to answer for.

0 |

If my friend's bf is 5 mins late he has to work it up at the end of the day lol. Seriously like.

Most people I work with come in at 9:45 or 10, it's really fucking annoying when you need them! One of them doesn't come in until then because he doesn't like coming in during rush hour............

0 |

www.theguardian.com/co...

0 |

That's wild. The vast majority of shot gun owners not be farmers, though?

0 |

I know a few farmers. The only one I can think of with guns was brought up on a farm but isn't a farmer. He used guns for sport.

You can't stay up all night in your rocking chair with shot gun in your lap looking out for foxes.

0 |

It is not seeking to save the country from fiscal ruin – there are many ways of doing that without cutting essential services. It is re-engineering the United Kingdom as a plutocrats' paradise, in which the rich are scarcely troubled by laws or taxes, while the poor are plunged into a brutal world of casual labour, insecurity and legal restraint.

That's the Tories.

0 |

As the queues lengthen at the foodbanks, our money is used to subsidise grouse and shotguns. That is all you need to know about how and by whom we are governed.

0 |

remember Scotland had a chance to remove themselves from that and they turned it down.

0 |

...allegedly.

Unfortunately they didn't have the money to run such a slanderous media campaign.

0 |

probably lucked out there with the collapse of oil prices... id imagune that would have put a dent in gov finances

0 |

they'd still have their pride there. that's an absolute.

0 |

Glasgow/Dundee are still sound.

0 |

bs.twimg.com/media/B8E...

0 |

No.8 is class. They are the only 2 options.

0 |

I can see other people's point of view in most things but never, as long as I live, will I understand people who vote Tory.

1 |

People buy into that shit?

0 |

George Osborne has requested that ministers make dozens of interventions to fast-track fracking as a “personal priority”, including the delivery of numerous “asks” from shale gas company Cuadrilla.

www.theguardian.com/en...

0 |

0 |

Ffs, done it again :-/

0 |

amazing picture

i.huffpost.com/gen/253...

0 |

HA, Took me a while

0 |

Hures www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

“shoe shopping with Theresa May

“10k Iron Man Endeavour” with Iain Duncan Smith

grim

0 |

www.theguardian.com/co...

0 |

0 |

Good article flash

0 |

blogs.spectator.co.uk/...

0 |

I heard a story the other day of someone who used their benefits to pay a bill. He rung jobcentre for a crisis loan for food and they told him to go to a foodbank.

0 |

My sympathy is fairly dependant on what the bill was for, tbh

0 |

he prob has run out of crisis loans etc.

0 |

This work for your job seekers idea is balls. If people are needed to do that work then create jobs and pay them a wage.

1 |

fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akam...

0 |

my day yesterday just made me feel even more sorry for the poor bastards that the jobcentre leaves high and dry, people utterly incapable of securing even the most menial of job, because of a variety of special needs, poor confidence and lack of understanding of how to actually answer a question.

people that should be getting help filling in forms, and support in learning how to do an interview, but the jobcentre just gets them to sign on the dotted line, keep applying for jobs they wont get or else you'll get feck all money. people who really want to work.

sorry. wee mini rant over.

0 |

0 |