Choose a discussion

Gerry Anderson

m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-no...
Aul Gerry like.

0 |

RIP

0 |

RIP. Sad news. In other news he absolutely loved the riding. During uni I worked in a taxi depot and the big man called through a few nights a week in the wee hours for taxis to get women home. Almost always said "what's yer name love?" when I asked for the name. Legendary swordsman to be fair.

1 |

Bad day. Not a man for giving a horse's flying fuck. Sales of Jeyes Fluid expected to plummet.
"There's a man on One, Gerry."
"I don't care about The Man, Sean."
RIP

0 |

haha at molo

0 |

haha Molo

sad day for sure. One of a kind

0 |

Easily my favourite radio presenter
CALLER- they stole my daughters car, she doesn't care about it, it's the thing inside"
GERRY - Gabshites

0 |

make sure to post a thread about it asap

0 |

"I hate to break it to you, but your Uncle Hugo doesn't love you. He doesn't even like you."

2 |

Proper legend. Always felt happier listening to him on the radio.

2 |

Great attitude, will be sorely missed.

Used to love seeing him on the lisburn road on a friday afternoon selecting delicatessen kit, in a linen suit and converse. A bit cool.

0 |

Loved Thunderbirds. RIP.

0 |

RIP. Loved aul Gerry on the radio, him and Sean Coyle were class together.

0 |

RIP

0 |

RIP. Was a laugh when he used to play stuff like Alloy Mental.

0 |

First heard Gascan Ruckus on his show. He was impressed by the band for all the age of them but he went on to say the drummer was a bit shit, lol

0 |

Bumped into him Derry one time. Sheep skin jacket, and as rubick says, doesnt give a fuck.

0 |

He played out our music a few times but always said we were a Derry band. Dunno why he thought that. RIP anyway, was a decent soul!

0 |

Lol,at whats your name love

0 |

These wee animations are too good

0 |

0 |

There was a story about him touring in canada and taking acid with a famous hippp/folk singer. I forget his name. Has a gravely voice. Not tom waits.

0 |

He's well travelled alright, i enjoyed the thing he did about 4 years ago about Cowboys in America

0 |

Cant believe an icon like this only got a few dozen posts.

2 |

Disgraceful, Molo.

0 |

haha @ those animations, v good

0 |

Agreed molo, pages of guff on other "celebs" and not much on one of the bestest

0 |

The Cowboys documentary was great. On his show he said how he'd knicked a feg off a Native American during filming, only to be be delivered with the immortal line, "Sleep with one eye open, Paleface."

1 |

0 |

as dead on as he was, he was someone mostly our mums and dads would have listened to. him and radio star country.

0 |

I dunno, Justim. I listened to him when I would have been in the car driving. It was better than any other radio show on at the same time. What else is there worth listening to? Radio 2 is only station which comes close, but def not the same craic. You just have to watch a couple of those wee YouTube animation to see how funny his show was.

0 |

Never knew what he was going to say either. Total legend.

0 |

not saying i didn't listen to him. was never near a radio by myself when he was on. heard his craic a good few times in work tho, when other folk had control of the radio. enjoyed his craic.

just saying, on a ravers has been forum, hes not the sort of personality that most would be too familiar with, in response to molo.

been watching the youtube vids. he was some craic alright. some seriously typical cultchies on the phone to him. lol.

rip.

0 |

The one about the crow and the dead fox in the boiler is brilliant ha

0 |

What were those little animations on, or was it purely a wee YouTube series?

0 |

They been on TV this week but that might just be because of his death. Really go with the calls well don't they? We live in a country of lunatics ha

0 |

Hypno Hen is amazing

2 |

That hypno hen was is amazing, the guy making it clear he doesn't blame Gerry ha

This crow one is brilliant, the laughs of the producer

1 |

haha Sean Coyle was the perfect foil for him, the show was brilliant, got me through a year of a shitty office job. Used to be an aul boy on all the time, could predict the weather and all, real mooncat.

Jordy i think you called him. I must go through these videos there must be one of him

0 |

This was a series on a few years back, came on after newsline

0 |

there's Jordy!

0 |

HAHAHAHA @ Hypno Hen!

Holy shit!! Fuck, that's absolutely amazing radio!

0 |

Those videos are amazing. Properly great radio.

Here is my favorite Anderson video, featuring a whole host of the best fashion from late 80's Derry music scene, ex NI international and Derry City legend Felix Healy, and my own da.

So, so, so much cringe.

0 |

5 new episodes of On The Air will be shown all this week, starting tonight on BBC ONE NI at 10.35, check out some exclusive previews here: www.bbc.co.uk/programm...

0 |

Documentary on Tuesday night as well.

0 |

Is that his radio show Takki? Would love to get a few on the old ipod. Documentary about him on this week. Possibly tonight

0 |

DAMMIT RUBICK!!!!

0 |

They're doing loads on BBC Ulster this week for him too.

Molo, On The Air is the wee animations of funny moments from his show. That's a new series of them.

0 |

Cool

0 |

The hypno hen and killer crow ones are two of the funniest things I've seen on the internet

1 |

reminder set for muzak1

0 |