Choose a discussion

Conor McGregor

What a great moment to be alive - "we aren't here to take part, we are here to take over" God bless him, and God bless Ireland

0 |

Unreal card from start to finish. The whole football stadiums thing...is there one in Ireland with a roof?

0 |

"I told you before about the Irish - we aren't here to take part we are here to take over"

0 |

fightnext.com/video/9A...

0 |

Norman Park did well too. A good night all-round, for Ireland ...all-round.

0 |

Retiring?? WTF.

0 |

Tonzer is retiring?!
Sure he does fuck all.

0 |

Has to be a piss take. Posted about training in Iceland yesterday.

0 |

They do a lovely bbq combo bag for a fiver. If you like pig gums and chicken ankles.

1 |

Maybe the Joao Carvalho death has got to him. He was there apparently.

0 |

www.joe.ie/sport/pic-j...

Might actually be true

0 |

His stablemate that was killed the other week has alot to do with him calling it a day.

0 |

fair play to him.

made a fortune.

0 |

$15 million apparently. He may as well retire and get some easy commentating job on BT Sport.

0 |

Pansy

0 |

No need for that Muzak1! As if you would have intervened in the McDonalds incident. LEt it go!!

0 |

whatcha talkin bout stu

0 |

Thats plenty of money to retire, go ahead and enjoy it son, its well earned, and yep were a lomg time dead, so go ahead.

0 |

Could get himself a lot of fancy shirts for 15m

0 |

Hes went and wiped out in Portugal and now been called to do a drug test or something

0 |

0 |

Funny but unfortunately fake

0 |

is that fake that account. I was sharing stuff of it thinking it was legit lol

0 |

Fs baz lol

0 |

Diaz retiring aswell

0 |

shared the finger the BAX of soke cop one. shared off another wall, looked legit batman lolx

0 |

Somebody on Twitter had just 'literally' threatened to commit suicide if McGregor retires.. escalating quickly

0 |

He actually is in Iceland. www.goss.ie/2016/04/co...

I'm surprised fighters and boxers don't do this more often. Get a few big fights under the belt. Make a shit load of money and retire while you're still young.

0 |

hopefully be stays retired then muzak1

0 |

The guy is Palestinian so.. 2 birds one stone

0 |

Prob a big publicity stunt to promote the next fight.

0 |

0 |

Diaz retiring now too. McGregor and Diaz both retire, come out of retirement for UFC 200. I am calling it now. They're probably both after more money at 200, so are pretending to retire.

0 |

After all this talk about dominating through different weights and being the greatest of all time it's bit of anti climax

0 |

And for people to say fair play he's made money may as well retire sadly shows how money is more important than sport. You get credit for what you've achieved, not how much you made. Fucking money obsessed society. Rocky Balboa lost it all and still was digging at 60

3 |

the pro fight game has always been about money especially boxing heance the name prize fighting. obv there a sporting factor too. health involved nik. not going to fault anyone in the game getting out in time. if you seen the hack of kevin Mitchell couple months ago you'd know what I mean lol

tho this isn't why he pulled out. he got pulled from show according to Dana white.

Defo can see him added again in coming weeks. get hype for 200 since everyone is talking about this. no chance Diaz is going to be main eventing this flagship show lol

0 |

I'm referring to the fans though Barry. Measuring success by money. It's like loving a footballer who moves to China at 21 for 80 million then retires at 25. Do you think wow I really respect that guy for getting 80 mil and being able to retire at 25 or do you respect the player that achieved trophies at every level in the toughest leagues against the toughest teams.

I couldn't care but I liked the guy, brought some personality and character to the sport. Just don't have much respect for chucking towel in after all his shit talk

0 |

McGregor is all about the money though and has always said that. so fair play indeed.

0 |

Has he not took a huff because he had to attend a news conference and they pulled him from the fight? Doesn't seem a glorious way to exit the sport. But yes fair play he made money

0 |

football and boxing are in no way similar lol. I wouldn't say fair play to someone splitting to China to kick a ball who's already getting paid a fortune. fighting the hurt game. anybody getting out after making tbere money I've no problem with.

I don't think anyone measuring his success by the money he's made. they measure him by the title he won. that and football are the same this way as any success will be measured on sporting achievement.

0 |

No doubt afraid of getting kmocked the fuck out again.

0 |

boxing = fight sports

0 |

What about Olympic and amateur boxing? Not all fighting is money sport

Anyhow it does seem like he's lapped out rather than retiring on a high. He said he was going to do so much more, based on all his talk you really don't think his so called retirement is a little premature? It certainly doesn't look like a I've did it all and I'm retiring.

Like I said I like the guy and but I just don't see this as a gracious or victorious exit from the sport but you are a far bigger fight fan than me Barry and that's just how I see it

0 |

And I know football is different but the idea of sporting achievement is universal. I know fighting is dangerous so the argument of getting out is valid but if you think back to the boxing greats would they be as well respected if they retired young after winning a title? Or are they respected for forging a winning career?

Anyhow the coke will wear off and he will release he was just huffing and get paid big money for a return ;)

0 |

Id say nearly everyone would rather him stay and win more victories and belts etc but can also say fair play, he basically talked his way into stacks of money and brought more eyes than ever to the sport doing so

0 |

I agree, he's done so much for it. Just seems a shame to bow out in a huff, goes against the persona he done so much to build up

0 |

maybe he has realised the futility of violence.

0 |

Move to Goa and take up yoga?

0 |

Probably more to it but it looks like he couldn't be fucked with the promotion work and made a snap decision. I doubt he'd be let back on the 200 bill but back soon after that

0 |

He could be playing the game here. See how the ppv numbers go without him then renegotiate

0 |

Feel bad for the writers of Joe.ie. They're gonna have to start looking for new material now

3 |