Choose a discussion

Chromecast

So i bought one o these things for the upstairs telly to use plex and whatnot, have yet to get my plex server set up but i notice with the ipad when watching youtube you now have a button to send the video to the chromecast which is really handy, same with bbc iplayer.. thing is on CartoonHD when you watch a flick theres no button to send the movie as i assume Google have locked that fucker down to only work with Legit and authorised companies, has anyone cracked it yet to gain similar functionality with all videos played on the ipad? tried googling as my ipad is IOS6.0 jailbroken but couldn't find any apps that would do the trick

0 |

Just bring the cartoon up in YouTube and share it with your screen, everything seems to be there. I've been educating my kids with old school cartoons, amazing spiderman circa mid 80s is a hit.

0 |

Cartoonhd is movies though. The name is misleading

0 |

Get an appletv

0 |

It;'s not Google blocking anything, the developers of the app need to add in a smidgen of code to make their app work with Chromecast.

0 |

I use allcast or Avia

0 |

Got one a few weeks back and have found it excellent. Haven't set up plex either but a Google browser extension is great for casting up an web content.

0 |

nice wee bit of kit for the price eh

0 |

Having problems with those streaming apps.
Can anyone tell me how I can cast .Avi file from a tablet to a TV via Chromecast? Localcast or what?

0 |

Allcast

0 |

Cheers S2 will check

0 |

It didn't like avi files. BUBBLEUNP worked great

0 |

Add the Cetus play app and u can control yer tv with the phone, then add www.terrariumtv.co.uk/... and u have all movies and tv shows casted to tv

1 |

Also recommend added that to any fire stick both apps, it’s the new Showbox and apart from live tv can practically replace kodi

0 |

Cheers Wax.

0 |

Terrarium has been the best for a while hopefully it doesn't go the road of others and turn to shite

Never heard of that cetusplay but it looks the part

0 |

I stumbled across a you tuber talking about it and haven’t looked back it’s great for controlling all apps on the fire stick

0 |