Choose a discussion

Nice watches

Just found me a new watch to look out for.. www.seiko-astron.com/n... not ultra expensive but dear enough at £1500 but im sure you can get a decent discount on it, gotta say thats a fucking sexy piece o kit

0 |

not ultra expensive, what dream world do you live in fancy pants

1 |

ps looks shit

:)

0 |

lol its looks the dogs balls, my limit on watches is around £1500, theres guys in here sporting £5K wristbands ffs, that i consider ultra expensive

0 |

half a million PP watches www.google.co.uk/searc... look shite

0 |

I've had the same watch for 20 years and cost me about 30 quid. changed battery few times and still wearing it today

0 |

why would you spend that much on a watch

0 |

www.megbye.com/wp-cont...

theres my gyppo watch

1 |

lol@Muzka...

0 |

Can't wear them. Reminds me of my impending death.

1 |

i got a Breitling (ricky laker) in Thailand for £25 and it doesn't even need a battery.... I have said this before... Think it was Duffy didn't like it

0 |

J-Roc today @ 1:40 p.m.
why would you spend that much on a watch

Every one has their thing, MTB loves nice clothes, some like watches, some spend it on expensive food

0 |

I'd just bite the bullet RJ and buy a Rolex or Omega. Not that you'd sell it but you'll see it maintain its value so you don't look at it as just an expensive watch, but that it cost you nothing.

That's what you tell the gf anyway, and you'll leave it to the chile.

0 |

Muzka's can only be beaten by the one which changes TV channels

0 |

iF YOU ARE EVER IN THE STATES IT SEEMS TO BE CHEAPER... mA GETS WATCHES OUT THERE. tHINK IT WAS rAYMOND wEILL OR SOMETHING BUT GOT IT CHEP'ER

0 |

I now have forum tinnitus!

0 |

that is actually the watch I have and have owned for I think 21 years. Got it on right now and pushing the wee light.

has a stretchy strap and everything

0 |

£1500

That's two weeks in New York ffs!

0 |

horses for courses, I would drop 2k+ on a bike, some people would think thats stupid. a good watch (not that shite rubber looking thing RJ linked up, but like a Breitling) is an investment and something to pass on to the chiles etc

0 |

I think the wrist watch will be pretty much defunct in a few generations.

0 |

"Here son, here's some records, and a watch, and a few cassettes, and Diehard trilogy on VHS, and a pack of Tayto Cheese and onion, and a Toastie Maker. You hold on to these son, they'll be worth something some day"

0 |

why do you think the watch will be defunct wayne?

it's prob more an accessory or fashion item than a timepiece these days

0 |

You think we'll go back to pocket watches Wayne?

0 |

does anyone use a watch to tell the time?

0 |

Because the primary function of a watch is to tell the time, and that functionality is now duplicated by us carrying phones or whatever devices soon replace those.

And fashion changes, while it may be fashionable to wear a watch now, one day it won't. The only real debate is how long it'll be until then. Humans will not wear wrist watches indefinitely.

0 |

lol at waynes fashion prediction, ok gok wan

nobody said they will wear them indefinitely but they wont disappear in a few generations. It's a massive industry that wont disappear because your phone can tell the time

0 |

it's pretty much purely for fashion, otherwise all watches would be £30

0 |

watches are mostly fashion items now.

they look well i must say. they will never die out

0 |

Phone companies are making smart watches these days. The wrist is convenience. Far handier than hoking my dosey big smart phone out of my pocket to tell the time.

0 |

exactly is anything mobile tech will become wearable and integrate with fashion items. Prob more chance of wearing your phone like a watch than phones making watches disappear

0 |

link her up CMC

0 |

you really want me to go find it? It was something about me being a tramp for not spending my money on the real thing

0 |

I could be totally wrong and it was another of the ladies on here but im nearly sure it was you

0 |

Every man has a vice. Some gamble, some take a rake of persian rugs, some like watches, some like cars, some like nice cloth.

But on here there can be remarkable hostility to people spending money on certain things.

90 quid lunch in deanes people have had, then come on here to shout at someone for spending that on a shirt. The people doing the shouting are usualy on 20 grand plus.

0 |

That was done years back muzka, the levis icd coat by massimo osti.

I had two back in the day. The technology moved on quickly like.

0 |

Duffy Monday 22 October 2012 @ 5:55 p.m.
fake jewellery = chepskate

forum.hudsonbelfast.co...

0 |

Oh and the zegna ipod jacket from 2007

0 |

lol I meant link a pic of your watch

0 |

yes but with flexi glass monitor screens wearable tech will be more advanced and more comfortable to wear

0 |

i'm talking more than mp3 players

0 |

hahaha, sorry, i'll try to find one that looks like it

0 |

Wearable? I think we're talking different time frames, cus I'm thinking about implants and shit.

0 |

very close to this one www.demowatches.com/wo... it's not without fault, dates goes from 00 to 39. Also the other dial is connected to the button on the side, press it and the dial turns 1/6th of a rotation. Tells the fuck outta the time tho. Good sweeping action on the second hand and the out face rotates both ways (as it should on Breitling watches)

0 |

£1500 on a Seiko is a much worse purchase than £5,000 on a Rolex Sub.

Rolex in particular will always hold their value, if you shat the bad and realise you're broke you'll get most of what you paid on it, or more if you've been lucky enough to buy something unusual/collectable, like Comex Sub etc.

0 |

What about when you're cycling and the vibrations slowly loosen the pin and then it falls off and you don't realise?

0 |

Combination of the sky and my arm and i'll know where I am

0 |

I got this exact fella as a bonus in work.

Shamelessly blatant!

www.johnbreretonjewell...

0 |

Very nice! I'm looking for that exact watch at the mo, non-date sub. Non date is much nicer than standard, symettry innit.
What line of work you in?

0 |

40 quid. it tells the time and stays on your wrist. www.amazon.co.uk/Timex...

0 |

Radio sales - They gave us a certain amount of free ads if we hit our end-of-year budget so I swapped them with that jeweller.
Fucking delighted. Always wanted one, but could never justify shelling out a few grand on a watch.

0 |

beautiful hicksy, absolutely beautiful

0 |