Choose a discussion

Oscar Nominations

Theyre in...
www.theguardian.com/fi...

0 |

saw 12 years a slave there, will clean up at the oscars no question.

0 |

Cracking movie

0 |

Just out of 12 years...solid film but nothing special in my opinion. If it cleans up maybe not a great year for best picture....although have only seen 3 of the main contenders.

Nothing special about the lead actors performance either. It was a plum role that couldnt be fucked up.

Regards McQueen's direction its not a film you come out of saying that was a Steve McQueen film. Lacked his usual originality and trademark stylings (always of substance too) and when he did very sporadically use them I found it jarring and of little consequence. I think any talented director could have made this film so I defo think oscar should go to Gravity director unless they give it to McQueen because of the sheer brilliance of his previous 2 works....much better films imo.

Only Fassbender really shone for me. Another powerhouse performance marking him out and displaying another facet of his range. An actor that deserves all the plaudits. He reminded me of Robert Shaw the way he played your man.

Although solid it dragged a bit and I was happy enough to finally get to the conclusion.

Anyway my 2 cents.

0 |

i agree with a lot of that dave, apart from the lead actor, i thought he did a great job. This subject material and the oscars being the US awards, the fact he is a black director and the backing he has got for this film he will win tons of awards for it. I thought it was a good movie but after reading a bit about the actual guy solomon, his story after his ordeal sounds like a more difficult and interesting story to tell which McQueen could have tackled well I'm sure, he's obviously a skilled director.

hunger is his best by a stretch for me.

0 |

Agreed hogie about holywood sentiment for this film. I fucking loved shame. Hunger just about pipping it.

0 |

Hunger is a masterpiece

0 |

Only film I recall seeing in the cinema where I couldnt get off my seat...looking slackjawed at the screen as the credits rolled

0 |

12 years a Billy Elliot tbh

0 |

Agree with Hulk on the lead actor for 12 Years. A lot of his acting was in silence or subdued due to his predicament so didn't the glorious opportunities that Fassbender and Dano got for playing notorious roles. He did well.

0 |

As I said it was a plum role....just don't think he brought much to it that any other couldnt. Solid but nothing special imo

0 |

I WILL SURVIVE!! as long as i know how to love i know ill stay alive

0 |

Anyone see the Golden Globes?
Was it good?

0 |

some amusing jokes from the host www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...

0 |

0 |

LOOK AT THE AVATAR. AN AMERICAN FLAG.

How about a Calixit for the rest of out sweet nation.

0 |

Guy from season 1 of Black Mirror nominated

0 |

Tis a good film, Get Out

0 |

Must give it a watch

0 |

It's a lot of bollocks. Trust me..shite

0 |

Spoof

0 |

Lemac has never failed me yet so... Oh wait!

0 |

Starts of well ends up crap

0 |

Blame the Chinese slaves that built your phone molo, I didn't have a screwdriver near it

1 |

Imagine even thinking Dunkirk won't win best picture.

0 |

Ok

1 |