good night molo

0 |

i have seen ONE of the films listed.

0 |

i have seen none

0 |

Same, CM_C. Where are you loop? I want back in

0 |

actors can fuck off. what do they do? they are just really good at pretending. thats it, pretending! so fuck. fuck off. will i just pretend to like you for it then? you want my respect because you can pretend to be in different situations?

bunch of complete cunts

0 |

most actors don't even act.. they just play themselves over and over again in different situations

0 |

great thread

0 |

Fassbender just stares at ye

0 |

i've seen three, gonna watch nebraska tonight and really looking forward to it.

0 |

Gravity is fucking shite.

0 |

damning statement, shite in every respect?!

0 |

Sandra Bullock, the dialogue, the score & the facilie symbolism annoyed me the most. Clooney was good but overall it was a write off.

Better off watching a time lapse video of the night sky on youtube in HD. Would do the same job.

0 |

Like the sound of that Dallas Buyers Club. Has it been out here?

0 |

thought bullock was a better fit in the role than clooney tbh. the score and cinematography were amazing imo.
one of the best cinema experiences i've had.

0 |

not till feb afaik

0 |

Dallas Buyers Club is good. Film is a bit long winded but McConaughy deserves an Oscar for it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there hulk. It's an 'Event Movie' or a 'Cinema Experience', It's not a film.

0 |

Clooney was shite in Gravity...his character ruined it IMO. Especially the dream/unconscious scene.

0 |

How did you arrive at that opinion silliwilli you big spoiling spoiler?

0 |

Burn in a void silliwilli

0 |

yeah i didnt think he suited the role tbh but theres a lot more to the film than just being a good cinema experience.
Great movies make you think imo.
Gravity certainly made me think about how amazing and beautiful the world and the universe is, the technology we possess on earth and how insignificant we are in the bigger picture.

0 |

Gravity was alright. I lold at the end when she almost got caught up in the reeds. How unlucky can one cunt be.

I'm assuming there's screeners out for all the rest? Wanna see 12 years and wall Street.

0 |

Sorry what? If those 2 words have ruined an entire film for you then you probably need to look at yourselves ffs.

0 |

omg lemac....SPOILER

0 |

my enjoyment was over when she magically used the fire extinguisher to manoeuvre around in space.

0 |

Clearly part of her training involved watching wall-e

0 |

I like movies that make you think too but Gravity did it in such a facile way. Patronised the audience quite a bit with Bullock explaining what she was doing and why she was doing it all the time.

@hulk

I think documentaries do a better job of evoking that feeling of wonder & insignificance for me. Wonder of the Solar System etc...

Google skymap & a telescope would probably have a similar effect.

The backstory for the Sandra Bullock character was so boring, it was such a crap excuse for her to act like a frightened child the whole film. The character Clooney played was a massive cliche but he's got so much charisma he pulled it off. Ever since 'Good Night and Good Luck' he can do no wrong.

0 |

@silliwilli

Didn't ruin it for me. I've seen it, more's the pity.

Also triple post. Raging.

0 |

If there's any justice bruce dern will win best actor. But there isnt and he wont :(

0 |

i like clooney, just thought him a bit too hollywood and cool in gravity.
as for bullocks explaining what she was doing all the time, she was a novice in terms of the shuttle etc and was thinking out loud, i didnt think that was necessarily signposts for the audience. (something i also hate!)
I like docs about space and the world as well but i still enjoyed a theatrical film on the subject and thought it was a brilliant accomplishment in film making.

0 |

hulk
today @ 5:40 p.m.
theres a lot more to the film than just being a good cinema experience.
Great movies make you think imo.
Gravity certainly made me think.....

Haven't seen it so these comments are a bit guessy; but it made me think too. If time and space move at a constant and they get detached from the ship, why don't they fly off into space? Isn't that what would happen?

0 |

12 years a slave will win picture and director because of the subject matter probably.
here remember when denzel got an oscar for training day? Oscars mean fuck all the last 15 years or so, still like watching it though.

0 |

that kind of is what happens.

0 |

Sandra has a fire extinguisher to get about the 'void'

0 |

12 Slaves a Year was unbelievable tho. Loved the ending. Made the rest worth it. I reckon it may get Best Picture too but it'd be well deserved.

I met Steve McQueen when he was filming Hunger. Decent guy & didn't throw me off set. GBOL

0 |

want to see that soon too. Hunger was brilliant.

0 |

12 slaves a year is a bit greedy. That's one a month like. I see faux here, no friend

0 |

Gravity was amazing but it was only in the last 15m that I got it as a film .. before was just a spectacle.
Mcqueen should get it on the strength of his last 2 films. Going to see 12 years tonight.

0 |

but the fact you got something from it at the end means it was more than just a spectacle;)

0 |

It was lad yeah....but I can see how some would argue that...ive never seen a film like it that has done that....quite subtle in a way.
Conversley I thought the most beautiful scene was not the one in space

0 |

without spoiling it for anyone i know the scene you mean and it was brilliant.

0 |

I'd give it all to Gravity, belter of a film in every respect if it doesn't win all the technical oscars incl best director it'll be a fucking travesty TRAVESTY I tell Yeeee.. Fucking 12 yrs a slave, aye white man bad black man good cotton picker ffs like we haven't seen a million of those flicks

0 |

Didn't do too bad this old right said thread of mine did it folks?

0 |

Mainly due to my FAUX Pal, brilliant work ha

0 |