Choose a discussion

Cool Space shit

www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012...

Interesting to think that in the future when space flight has become the norm that history will look back on this little capsule as the moment space opened up to the rest of the world instead of a select few governments

0 |

Blurt, you keep bringing up the same questions and criticisms of science all the time, but you never actually deliver anything worthwhile, it never actually adds anything/contributes. It's like you just want to have something to try and disprove with your vague mumbo jumbo that's backed up by, erm, nothing really, apart from that one time you linked to that bloke who had to go into hiding because someone is out to get him.

Why not make a thread about the things you believe or whatever, and post away in there with others who think the same too? Surely you can see the benefit of that?

0 |

like a small pocket universe bursting forward out of the larger multivese of RJ thread... which itself is a parallel universre to Takkis space thread universe .

Both of which are pocket universes in the larger hudson universe which is actually a simulation created by Matthew where little avatars pavlovianly interact with other little avatars in some small pocket virtual reality... doomed as if in some devine comedy to have the same petty arguments over and over again trappedin a hidden 10th circle of hell.

which is ultimately part of a larger reality, that may or may not be part of another simulation created by a meta matthew in the big FaceyB in the sky

0 |

lol.

0 |

I’ll give you the “how’s and whys” being intrinsically linked but I think in this case the question of ‘How’ the universe came into existence is one science will eventually solve as for the ‘Why’ it came into existence is simply down to variables we have yet to comprehend but I don’t think any of those variables have anything to do with a magical sky daddy or alien race imo.

0 |

mon nai takki his mumbo jumbos are amusing

0 |

It's kinda boring imo. If it was backed up by something, anything, it'd be much more interesting.

0 |

But his view on the universe is as fascinating to me as those of creationists, completely and utterly bat shit insane and even with the wealth of actual verified quantified knowledge out there they genuinely believe that there version is the right one even though its backed up by sweet fuck all… c’mon what’s not to enjoy about his posts on science and spacey shit

0 |

Fuming Pavlov, utterly fuming. It was pointing out your failed attempt to direct my posting which sent me over the edge. A hair away from going puppy stomp

Was it the use of ‘compavment’ that gave away the thick red, choking mist? – that was my wit bomb for the day too

*somebody hold me back*

Sure, science is proving more and more the foilery isn't very foiley at all – all the clichéd classics:

“We are all one consciousness” = Unifying field

“Reality is an illusion, we ‘live’ in a simulation” = Holographic principal

Same shit under different terms. Whether told today or thousands of years ago – makes little difference to the message

0 |

it alright blurt.
no need to explain yourself to me. you wee rage ball. Theres nothing to be ashamed of and no need to dress it up as 'humour'. Just learn to accept yourself.

0 |

Don’t worry pav, I understand you struggle with ambiguity (and personal profiling)… No need to thank me, now you are better equipped in your failing quest to try compartmentalise aul Blurt. Wouldn't see you sinking like that when I had a rope

0 |

RJ Macready
today @ 3:29 p.m.
But his view on the universe is as fascinating to me as those of creationists, completely and utterly bat shit insane and even with the wealth of actual verified quantified knowledge out there they genuinely believe that there version is the right one even though its backed up by sweet fuck all… c’mon what’s not to enjoy about his posts on science and spacey shit

His view/beliefs or whatever you want to call them are completely fine, and I too am interested in them in 'another potential' kinda way... but constantly using them to try and belittle science is just getting really tedious now. If he had something concrete to back it up, then I think his views would be more appropriate in here, but as he doesn't, it's basically just someone firing about ideas as though they're in some way as believable as science, when they're clearly not due to their nature of being largely unproven/not testable/crazy.

0 |

Not like you to get bent out of shape, aul imperitakk

That last belter is a combination of impiricism & takkichitt, so it is

I'm here to stay, so deal with it sista!

0 |

I'm not lol. You def seem to be getting raged at aul Pav, though. Channel that inner rage through the medium of Universal waves and go find us some actual evidence for your views! ;)

0 |

quite like imperitakk though...

0 |

“We are all one consciousness” = Unifying field

“Reality is an illusion, we ‘live’ in a simulation” = Holographic principal

Same shit under different terms. Whether told today or thousands of years ago – makes little difference to the message.

Who would have thought accounts from the stone bum wipers of 2000 years ago would be getting proven to be in the ball park? I find it interesting people were speaking about holograms before there was even leccy

Everyone likes to make me out to be some anti-Science Villain– truth is, Quantum physics is about the most fun you can have without grabbing the tinfoil (t’Hooft the man). Not much interest in shiney, faster space ships, scooping up moon rocks or spending millions trying to find water on Mars etc, when there are people here on Earth without the same luxury - this end, i'm not into

0 |

nobody really cares about your anti -science villianry tbf, blurt. its all in you head. just it's nice for the rest of us to talk about the moon rocks and shiny fast space ships.

You got to learn to let go of your ego... just because you not into something doesn't mean you have to stop everyone else from being into it too.

but ultimately the science and technology used to drive extra terrestrial science will improve the lives of most of the people on this planet

0 |

Then no more tears from you and imperitakk when I go for a wee trollstroll, or put a few fringer's out there

What is the ego? Flinging buzzwords about on a bit of string, ye are

0 |

i don't think you need me to baby step you though psycology 101. but if you really want me to fire up a wee thread and i get on that tomorrow lunch time

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt yesterday @ 4:17 p.m.
His view/beliefs or whatever you want to call them are completely fine, and I too am interested in them in 'another potential' kinda way...

whoaaaa there cowboy.. "another potential" you secure that shit hudson... his is crazy talk, not an alternative viewpoint with potential.. do creationists somehow have legitimacy just cause they keep saying it over and over that the earth is 6000yrs old and got a mention at the causeway visitors center? no, same with aul blurt and his viewpoint

0 |

Unsubtly dodged there, pav

Same shit under different names, RJ. Doesn't detract from the message. Whether it's from rain dancing fire poopers or a doctor in a lab coat. If they are saying the same, thing then high five

0 |

your making connections between now and then that are tenuous at best and have no support amongst anyone or any institution of note m8, a bunch of cave paintings proves nothing, a bunch of ancient religious writings prove nothing the whole lot can be interpreted many ways

0 |

Who's talking about cave paintings? Nag Hammadi Library is boner material for historians and scholars

0 |

And yeah, proves nothing in the empirical sense. Science is doing that now anyways

Step back and vibe out on the parallels. Bum draggers were right in the ball park. Wonder what else they were on point about?

0 |

The six-sided jet stream at Saturn's north pole known as 'The Hexagon.' bs.twimg.com/media/BkN...

0 |

Have you saw the Pyramids with your own eyes Blurt? if so then you well aware that ancient man (granted 4500yrs isnt really that ancient) can do incredible things, so its no stretch of the imagination that there have been insanely gifted individuals throughout our history going all the way back to bum draggers that have built, painted or wrote down things so far ahead of the period in which they lived to seem almost magical or been given a hand by forces unknown instead of just giving credit where credit is due in that the human race can occasionally spit out wee gems in amongst all the shite. Fuck all to do with aliens or gods just simply above average smart fuckers

0 |

Aye, jumped off the bottom block, my wee legs buckled and I fell doon. Cut my knee, then was spat on by a camel shortly after

One thing to think ahead, but to call out reality as a virtual construct, thousands of years before the fundementals of physics and whatever else were even established is quite the shot in the dark - bit too much of a coincidence for me to disregard entirely

Then there is the rest of their explanation ... but that's for another day/thread. Pav would have a kitten if I veered off topic to that degree

0 |

work away blurt.. you're always complaining no-one wants to discuss your trolling seriously. i'm just trying to help

0 |

NASA suspends cooperation with Russia over Ukraine crisis
rt.com/news/nasa-suspe...

Gimps

0 |

Ur The Cast first flight imagery...

www.urthecast.com/firs...

0 |

"One thing to think ahead, but to call out reality as a virtual construct, thousands of years before the fundementals of physics and whatever else were even established is quite the shot in the dark - bit too much of a coincidence for me to disregard entirely"

So some ancient shaman tripping off his balls came off with some guff about us all living in a dream like world has been interpreted by you to mean he nailed quantum physics and the concept of virtuality and constructs thousands of years before the invention of loo roll and therefore is proof of the existence of interference by an alien race?? jesus man you are clutching at straws here.. it was just some seriously rocking shrooms

btw are the Pyramids not the most impressive fucking thing you could possibly lay eyes on...

0 |

Where you getting the drug chat from?

What do Shaman's have to do with any of this?

Stringling a load of buzz words together there, ye are

Context, context, context

my buddy's step-aunt makes< $83 an hour> on the laptop . She has been without a job for 9 months but last month her check was< $14499> just working on the laptop for a few hours. browse around this web-site............ .................... .......... jobsur.COM

0 |

so who called out that we are living in a virtual construct all those years ago?

0 |

Mental Davy

0 |

More importantly, how much does your step aunt make?

0 |

Not a lot but she makes a great fucking kitchen tbf..

This mental Davy he the one that said fuck you Noah my and my triceratops don't need your boat we'll build our own with roulette wheels and hookers?

0 |

Sounds about right

He crazyyyyy

0 |

First time in history that a meteorite has been filmed in the air after its light goes out i.imgur.com/j4to66e.gif

0 |

Bit more on that... io9.com/is-that-a-mete...

I'm unsure about it tbh. Hard to prove.

0 |

Probably a pepple in chute that fell after he opened.

0 |

We are the cosmic equivilent of a fucking cul-de-sac. God bless the onion.

0 |

Some really cool 3D animations of various stunning Hubble images... ubblesite.org/video

0 |

A piece of art? A time-lapse photo? A flickering light show?

At first glance, this image looks nothing like the images that we are used to seeing from Hubble.

The distinctive splashes of colour must surely be a piece of modern art, or an example of the photographic technique of "light painting". Or, could they be the trademark tracks of electrically charged particles in a bubble chamber? On a space theme, how about a time-lapse of the paths of orbiting satellites?

The answer? None of the above. In fact, this is a genuine frame that Hubble relayed back from an observing session.

Hubble uses a Fine Guidance System (FGS) in order to maintain stability whilst performing observations. A set of gyroscopes measures the attitude of the telescope, which is then corrected by a set of reaction wheels. In order to compensate for gyroscopic drift, the FGS locks onto a fixed point in space, which is referred to as a guide star.

It is suspected that in this case, Hubble had locked onto a bad guide star, potentially a double star or binary. This caused an error in the tracking system, resulting in this remarkable picture of brightly coloured stellar streaks. The prominent red streaks are from stars in the globular cluster NGC 288. It seems that even when Hubble makes a mistake, it can still kick-start our imagination.

A version of this image was entered into the Hubble's Hidden Treasures image processing competition by contestant Judy Schmidt.

www.esa.int/spaceinima...

0 |

Decent little game were you create a solar system and see how long you can run it for... www.stefanom.org/spc

Got about 2.5 million so far

0 |

Up to 6 million at mo with a pretty stable orbit

0 |

8,118,593 over 260.9 years

Seemed super stable, then shit hit the fan.

0 |

Couple of links...

Cassini May Have Witnessed the Birth of a New Saturn Moon!
www.slate.com/blogs/ba...

&

The Creationist Cosmos
cheezburger.com/60163841

0 |

Blood Moon i.imgur.com/jFAs8wP.gif

0 |

i.imgur.com/8GlhvXj.jpg

0 |

0 |

www.lostateminor.com/2...

0 |