Choose a discussion

Cool Space shit

www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012...

Interesting to think that in the future when space flight has become the norm that history will look back on this little capsule as the moment space opened up to the rest of the world instead of a select few governments

0 |

At 2:10pm today there's a live spacewalk being streamed of astronauts fitting UrtheCast’s Ultra HD video camera, Iris, to the International Space Station which will stream live HD video back to earth for anyone to watch at any time...

www.urthecast.com/spac...

0 |

Cool

0 |

That looks mental the way it's dark, but the torches on the astronauts suits are lighting up just in front of them.

0 |

Looking forward to the sunrise :)

0 |

Yeah Ryan... I was just checking there...

www.isstracker.com

www.timeanddate.com/wo...

it should be soon...

0 |

I think it's amazing that we can sit at a desk with a cup of coffee and watch all this going on :)

0 |

Mission Control Mallusk.

0 |

Typical of the youth of today

0 |

It's brilliant. If there's anything that can show what humans are capable of when they work together and use science, it's space missions.

Just amazing.

Makes me want to watch Gravity again lol

0 |

hahaha, Ryan

Mallusk, we have a problem..

0 |

Sunrise here we go!

0 |

If there's anything that can show what humans are capable of, just look around at the state of the Earth. Fucking stargazer's

0 |

"aaahh, Mallusk to Jaunty... can you PLEASE turn off the happy hardcore, it's blocking communications"

0 |

THe Ultra HD camera will be able to see things on the surface of earth down to around 3ft in diameter.

0 |

Am I reading this correctly......you'll only be able to view the Ultra HD footage if you're a registered member of the site?

I registered and it said they will be sending more invites out soon.

0 |

Doing a space walk seems like a complete melt!

0 |

I think they'll be rolling it out gradually, Ryan. It's probably so that millions and millions of people don't try and view it from day 1 and take down the whole stream.

I registered ages ago, maybe even over a year, but still haven't got an invite. I'm sure they'll start sending more out soon.

0 |

Serious shit, tbf. Everything has to be taken into account. No second chances or easy way to go and fix mistakes.

0 |

I don't know how they stay focused. Some pups.

0 |

China's wee robot might have kicked the bucket... io9.com/chinas-lunar-r...

0 |

New footage from Felix Baumgartner's space jump...

0 |

Www.distancetomars.com

A lot further than I thought...

0 |

The US are jealous it seems...

www.telegraph.co.uk/ne...

0 |

this thread not good enough for you Takki... you steal my cool science thread now your after my SPACE THREAD!! *waves fist

0 |

probably trying to bury his space mining shame... was that this thread?

0 |

Sorry lad, I actually searched a few times for it and it didn't come up. It's usually on my home page too, but it wasn't there either, for some reason. If the other thread could be merged, that'd be good!

0 |

dont you have mod status? dissident threads all over the camp here...

0 |

lol.. I can only ban

0 |

Love space lads

0 |

www.distancetomars.com

0 |

Better keep on your good side then.. I take back the calling you a cunt, your space thread rocks

0 |

www.htwins.net/scale2

Amazing website

0 |

That's utterly class Molo.

0 |

You can click on any item for a brief description too. Some teacher designed it. Amazing. Hours of fun

0 |

Class site, the thing is nobody looking at that will ever really get their head around the scale of it, trying to imagine relative size of things in observable universe just doesn't make sense

93 billion light years across and people still DON'T believe in aliens

0 |

I love this video on the size of the Universe -

0 |

Muzka1 god only made us, he made the rest of the universe to give us something to look at when the big glowing orb of light in the sky disappeared... quite why he needed to make it so big seeing as primitive man back then couldn't see beyond our own galaxy is another thing

0 |

Shiiiiit. Is that what it is?

0 |

Shiiiiit. Is that what it is?

0 |

This sounds the absolute ticket en.spaceengine.org

SpaceEngine - a free space simulation program that lets you explore the universe in three dimensions, from planet Earth to the most distant galaxies. Areas of the known universe are represented using actual astronomical data, while regions uncharted by astronomy are generated procedurally. Millions of galaxies, trillions of stars, countless planets - all available for exploration. You can land any planet, moon or asteroid and watch alien landscapes and celestial phenomena. You can even pilot starships and atmospheric shuttles.

0 |

Gonna have to get it fired onto my work laptop tomorrow

0 |

Some shots...
farm8.staticflickr.com...
farm3.staticflickr.com...
farm8.staticflickr.com...
farm6.staticflickr.com...

And you can fly right down to the surface of any planet

0 |

farm4.staticflickr.com...

0 |

Absolutely stunning Aurora footage... HD, fullscreen...

0 |

Computer code written into the fabric of the Cosmos

0 |

100000 stars... Chrome experiment

workshop.chromeexperim...

0 |

Quite a few of my photographer mates were out photographing the aurora. Totally jealous that I missed it. Seeing some great pics today:(

0 |

content-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn...

0 |

Was out to see if I could see it last night. No luck though. Where'd your mates go to see it, deci?

0 |

anyone remember a right few years ago we got the tail end of aurora or what i assumed to be it as i never really checked afterwards but a big green glow up in the sky was clearly visible from my back yard... coulda been swamp gas

0 |