Choose a discussion

Cool Space shit

www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012...

Interesting to think that in the future when space flight has become the norm that history will look back on this little capsule as the moment space opened up to the rest of the world instead of a select few governments

0 |

Singularity init

0 |

Thats a good example of it though. End of the day, theres no knowing what the fuck is going on. It might be an explosion, but it could also be a portal to another dimension. I like the idea that a black hole is creating another universe. Using your example, it looks like process is taking billion years, but on other side, a big bang just happened, and another universe has just formed. Its not really a wormhole. Nothing could pass, but the physics at the singularity, were so extreme it tore a hole into another dimension. If spacetime is 4th dimension, multiple universes are a 5th. Does that sound correct.

0 |

Bit more info on it - www.nature.com/news/qu...

0 |

Not sure about it creating another universe. It's only got the mass of the black hole itself. To create another universe it would have to have the mass of the universe. It's pretty bonkers, though. Black holes really are crazy.

0 |

Elon Musk is about to test the 'trickiest' part of his Mars spaceship

"During that Q&A, we learned about a very important test SpaceX allegedly has planned "in the coming weeks", says Musk: filling up an enormous carbon-fibre fuel tank, shown below, that will be essential to making the ITS spaceship work.

The tank - which happens to be the spaceship’s core structure around which everything else is built - has to withstand incredible pressures and stresses at blisteringly cold temperatures, otherwise it might leak or even explode."

www.sciencealert.com/e...

0 |

0 |

Top Ten Facts about the James Webb Space Telescope

0 |

Space Station Fisheye Fly-Through 4K (Ultra HD)

0 |

Great podcast and interview with the astronaut Mike Massimino

www.theguardian.com/sc...

0 |

3D holographic image

i.imgur.com/S8GntGh.gifv

1 |

amazing... if you stare at it long enough everything collapses back into unity

0 |

How the Moon protects us from near Earth objects - neo.jpl.nasa.gov/j002e...

0 |

Ten Years at Saturn: Cassini’s 10 Greatest Pictures

www.slate.com/blogs/ba...

0 |

0 |

^^ all about the logistics and technicalities of humans living on Mars.

0 |

Super moon and space station
apod.nasa.gov/apod/ima...

0 |

Just watched the first episode of Discovery Channels new show 'Mars'. Its a mixture of sci-fi drama and real interviews with folks from NASA ans SpaceX, Elon Musk etc. Its very good. would recommend.

0 |

Have it recorded here. Looks like a quare show.

0 |

Project Blue kicks off $1 million crowdfunding campaign to seek out Alpha Centauri’s alien Earths

How much would you pay to find out whether Alpha Centauri’s twin suns possess blue planets like Earth?

Project Blue is hoping it’s at least $10, and maybe thousands of dollars. That’s the point behind the project’s Kickstarter campaign, which aims to raise at least $1 million for a space telescope specifically designed to look closely at the Alpha Centauri system.

www.geekwire.com/2016/...

0 |

'Roundest known space object' identified

Kepler 11145123 is a distant, slowly rotating star that's more than twice the size of the Sun. Researchers were able to show that the difference between its radius as measured to the equator and the radius measured to the poles was just 3km.

"This makes Kepler 11145123 the roundest natural object ever measured," said lead author Prof Laurent Gizon.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

Are aliens trying to tell us something? Brightest burst of radio waves detected

The search for mysterious "fast radio bursts" – very brief but intense pulses of radio waves from outer space – is heating up. Nobody knows what causes these powerful bursts, but some have even speculated that the signals could be transmitted by distant alien civilisations. In fact, astronomers are so perplexed by the phenomenon that it is driving a renaissance in radio astronomy.

Now an international team of astronomers has detected the brightest ever fast radio burst. Dubbed FRB 150807 after its discovery date, the burst of intense radio waves lasted less than half a millisecond – that is 0.1% of the time it takes a human to blink. And the study, published in Science, has come closer than any before it to pinning down where the blip came from. The research comes just days after another study reported having seen a fast radio burst together with an outburst of gamma rays, extremely energetic electromagnetic radiation.

Read more at: ys.org/news/2016-11-al...

0 |

GOES-R ABI: The Future of Weather Monitoring

gfycat.com/PaleCreepyDoe

0 |

Space 360: First-ever panoramic view of Earth from aboard Intl Space Station (4K available)

Bit of a tour of the ISS, then the cosmonaut floats to the Cupola so you can see the earth outside. Amazing.

0 |

Big Unknowns: what is dark matter? – Science Weekly podcast

ca.st/7har

0 |

"On November 30, Cassini will begin a phase of the mission that the science team calls “Cassini’s Ring-Grazing Orbits,” as the spacecraft will start skimming past the outer edge of the rings, coming within – at times — 4,850 miles (7,800 kilometers) of the rings.

“The scientific return will be incredible,” Linda Spilker, Cassini project scientist, told me earlier this year. “We’ll be studying things we just couldn’t do any other place.”

Between November 30, 2016 and April 22, 2017 Cassini will circle high over and under the poles of Saturn, diving every seven days for a total of 20 times through the unexplored region at the outer edge of the main rings."

www.universetoday.com/...

0 |

Takki loves a bit of ring-grazing

0 |

iob.imgur.com/uYGg/tY0...

0 |

1 |

Soyuz capsule docking with the ISS

i.imgur.com/WNG2Iqq.gifv

0 |

The entire history of space exploration in a single infographic map - img.ibxk.com.br/ns/rex...

0 |

cool chart but i hate that these things aren't in insanely high resolutions

0 |

This one's sweet too www.5wgraphics.com/img...

0 |

i.imgur.com/MzABnAw.jpg

0 |

Meteor

i.imgur.com/hpq6n88.gifv

1 |

0 |

Can't wait to see some closer images of Saturn's rings

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

First photos from Cassini Saturn probe's new orbit - www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

Saturn V (Apollo 4) the night before launch: November 8, 1967

i.imgur.com/sJcJFyN.jpg

1 |

Peak USA

Take me back

0 |

Aye mate. Golden age for sure. Would love to have been a white American back then.

0 |

m.facebook.com/story.p...

0 |

eclipse from a plane
imgur.com/nLcoOb7

0 |

that was well cool

0 |

There's a total eclipse in Augusta 2017 going from Washington state right across America to South Catalina. Thinking of booking a place near it.

0 |

* August

0 |

imgur.com/ZWXJb6l

0 |

If De Grasse actually said that he's a lying cunt.

0 |

i.reddituploads.com/02...

0 |

China Has Apparently Been Testing The EmDrive In Space

www.iflscience.com/spa...

0 |

lol nah, it's just a piss take of the fact he loves to tell the story of how he decided he wanted to be an astrophysicist.

0 |

haha at that one, Gerry. I've a feeling I might go on a De Grass spoof meme hunt soon.

0 |