Choose a discussion

Cool Space shit

www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012...

Interesting to think that in the future when space flight has become the norm that history will look back on this little capsule as the moment space opened up to the rest of the world instead of a select few governments

0 |

0 |

Part of the impending disclosure will include declassification of the various Secret Space Programmes in operation and the release of witheld tech. A quick breakdown of the factions:

1. Solar Warden – mainly focused on policing the Solar System and surrounding Star Clusters;
2. Interplanetary Corporate Conglomerate (ICC) – focused mainly on development and aquisition of technology by any means (Boeing etc).
3. Dark Fleet – worked almost entirely outside the Sol System, Very Military (Offensive),
4. “NATO TYPE SSP” – aka “League of Nations Program.”
5. Various Special Access Program SSP’s that were small, usually had the newer technology, very secretive and worked for some of the Secret Earth Governments

0 |

Formatting fail ^_^

Part of the impending disclosure will include declassification of the various Secret Space Programmes in operation and the release of witheld tech. A quick breakdown of the factions:

1. Solar Warden – mainly focused on policing the Solar System and surrounding Star Clusters;

2. Interplanetary Corporate Conglomerate (ICC) – focused mainly on development and aquisition of technology by any means (Boeing etc).

3. Dark Fleet – worked almost entirely outside the Sol System, Very Military (Offensive),

4. “NATO TYPE SSP” – aka “League of Nations Program.”

5. Various Special Access Program SSP’s that were small, usually had the newer technology, very secretive and worked for some of the Secret Earth Governments

0 |

What's that from?

0 |

Reality

1 |

i think ticus is my new favourite boarder

0 |

Very Blurtish.

0 |

This seems more like a bad copycat to me

0 |

0 |

did you forget to switch to you ticus log in shat?

0 |

Oops

0 |

бу-гы-га-га you are having a rookie mistakes

1 |

Stephen Hawking backs venture to listen for aliens www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

Very cool - imgur.com/PGwwOBR

0 |

0 |

0 |

0 |

NASA Has A "Huge Announcement" To Make

NASA is set to announce the major discovery of a new planet by the Kepler Space Telescope tomorrow (July 23) at noon EDT (5 p.m. BST).

"Today, and thousands of discoveries later, astronomers are on the cusp of finding something people have dreamed about for thousands of years – another Earth," NASA teased in a statement.

www.iflscience.com/nas...

0 |

This better be fucking good and by good I mean earth shaking fucking monumental

0 |

What timed that announcement in UK time

0 |

Probably a planet in the goldilocks zone with water on it? Still have to fuckin get to it though.

0 |

lol what was that last thing you gave off about as it didn't live up to your expectations, RJ?

0 |

It could be a planet with certain atmospheric elements which point to an earth like environment.

0 |

Man landing on the moon

"its not 4k resolution, I'm not watching this shit "

0 |

Oh yeah, it was the live feed of earth from the ISS.

0 |

Lol yeah I remember something similar that ended up being a big sweet fuck all squared and was that forgettable I've fogotten it, fingers crossed it's a planet with an oxygen rich atmosphere in the goldilocks zone which would prove the existence of life outside of our little blue planet..

0 |

Imagine thinking a live video feed of our planet from orbit is 'a big sweet fuck all squared' lol

You're turning in to a miserable aul man, RJ ;p

0 |

:-) mate I don't do sub 1080p these days

0 |

It probably won't be long until they get there. I still think it's amazing that there's an actual live video feed from space, and it's not that bad quality, tbf.

0 |

Ack it is amazing I was just dissapointed in the quality and bitrate which was to be expected considering the limitations on bandwidth going to and from the ISS but I really hope this press conference is not a load of "we've discovered a load of potential earth like planets" I want definitive proof

0 |

www.wired.com/2015/07/...

0 |

This is a great wee overview of everything.

0 |

The world - www.nasa.gov/sites/def...

0 |

Loads of cool space shit on this site - www.swpc.noaa.gov

0 |

2hrs 15mins till we find out if theres life on other planets or we've spotted a large rock 5 lightyears away in the shape of a cock and thought it was funny.. it could go either way

0 |

Shite as expected

0 |

What was it?

0 |

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

Basically we've found a planet similar in size to ours in a region that could support water... really!? Whoaaa imagine that, a galaxy containing billions of stars with billions of planets orbiting them and you find one similar in size to ours... what are the chances

0 |

www.wired.com/2015/07/...

0 |

0 |

0 |

0 |

0 |

Big year ahead for James Webb Space Telescope

www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

Not your average view of the earth and moon!

0 |

www.nasa.gov/feature/g...

1 |

That view of the earth and moon almost looks fake.

0 |

Really cool article on something I've always wondered, but never thought to actually look up until this lunch time...

Why doesn't the ISS have artificial gravity?

mobile.geek.com/scienc...

0 |

i put it down to simple engineering, you'd need a huge mass rotating and with that comes lots and lots of shit that can go wrong and when your dealing with space the less shit that can go wrong the better

0 |