Choose a discussion

Cool Space shit

www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012...

Interesting to think that in the future when space flight has become the norm that history will look back on this little capsule as the moment space opened up to the rest of the world instead of a select few governments

0 |

What if the Moon was a Disco Ball?

0 |

Eyes on Earth: The ISS HD Earth Viewing Experiment www.iflscience.com/spa...

0 |

An international team of researchers has created the most complete visual simulation of how the Universe evolved.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

Full video of the simulation...

"The Illustris simulation is the most ambitious computer simulation of our Universe yet performed. The calculation tracks the expansion of the universe, the gravitational pull of matter onto itself, the motion of cosmic gas, as well as the formation of stars and black holes. These physical components and processes are all modeled starting from initial conditions resembling the very young universe 300,000 years after the Big Bang and until the present day, spanning over 13.8 billion years of cosmic evolution. The simulated volume contains tens of thousands of galaxies captured in high-detail, covering a wide range of masses, rates of star formation, shapes, sizes, and with properties that agree well with the galaxy population observed in the real universe. The simulations were run on supercomputers in France, Germany, and the US. The largest was run on 8,192 compute cores, and took 19 million CPU hours. A single state-of-the-art desktop computer would require more than 2000 years to perform this calculation."

0 |

Pm Blurt and the hollow sun crew... www.iflscience.com/spa...

0 |

PM Norman Bergrun

odcast.sjrdesign.net/f...

0 |

Preface

Presented herein are pictures of immensely large, enormously powerful
extraterrestrial space vehicles located in the vicinity of Saturn and its moons.

Should I persevere, Blurt? ;)

0 |

Google a bit about the author and the book, then decide for yourself. Pretty notorious reading, try and find a physical copy for much under a thousand bucks - this is not for no reason, of course

As of this morning they're ranging from $885 to $3115 on ebay

0 |

Serious? In work, so cant have a good look. Is it a big read?

0 |

Not overly long, but it's pretty thorough on the details. Yer man was part of the precursor to NASA and was one of the Top Dogs within NASA from it's inception. The weird revolving hexagon/cube entry at the poles is interesting. He goes to town on it

0 |

The hexagonal thing, although it looks weird, can be explained and proven how it works in the lab - news.discovery.com/spa...

0 |

That notorious book that's worth a fortune is about how what's said in that article is not the case

0 |

had a quick skim through that book BLurt... boy your desire to believe really does get the better of you, Mulder would be proud

0 |

You're a skimmer McCready, that's why you miss things

0 |

When the book is pretty much about a few blurry super zoomed photos that purport to show massive alien ships inside saturn's rings you really don't need to read that much to get a good idea how its all going to go down...

0 |

I wrote the thing and will defend it as such

0 |

the photos are the most hilarious part of the whole thing, i've an active imagination but even looking at those there are a million more plausible explanations for the "smudges" than gigantic fucking spaceships... him pointing out exhausts is equally amusing.. like an Alien race capable of building such gigantic ships would be utilising engines that had a waste product that needed venting to space...

0 |

You going to put in a bid or not?

0 |

I'm already printing it out and will get my admin girl to bind it :-)

0 |

That's why you can't see those ships. Need to give me three grand

0 |

So what about Cassini, Blurt? Would it not have spotted these ships in one of its 300,000+ images during one of it's numerous orbits of Saturn??

0 |

Dammit RJ, dont ruin it for me!!

0 |

Can do one-five

Whole book is about Cassini's findings, by the man who handled and studied the photos

Still works with NASA at 95 odd years of age. Must keep him around for the smell

0 |

just cause he thinks an anomaly is evidence of a Ginormous starship doesn't mean he has skills in other less "whacko" departments, but seriously Blurt does the "evidence" sway you?????? DOES IT?????

0 |

Don't believe in anything or anyone. No -ism, no -ist
Just fire it all in there and let percolate
His doctorate is in aeronautical engineering (self p'wn oooosh). Pioneered design criteria for airplane thermal ice-prevention and the developing of roll stability laws for airplanes, missiles and rockets

0 |

He's a smart guy who obviously contributed a helluva lot to NASA but Jesus why'd he jump on board the crazy train?

0 |

Nasa replaying last nights live stream of Space Station docking www.nasa.gov/multimedi...

0 |

Curiosity completes it's first Martian year today (687 earth days) and takes a selfie to commemorate it... ime.com/2913065/mars-c...

0 |

bs.twimg.com/media/BrV...

0 |

Class. Like something from a film or something.

0 |

actual transcription of the Apollo 10 flightcrew communications i.imgur.com/LbhQoFb.jpg

0 |

i.imgur.com/ciVziQg.jpg

0 |

Is that def real, shat? lol

0 |

Yeah, it's a real link

0 |

A year or so until we get a good look at Pluto... and maybe some thing further on out.

www.slate.com/blogs/ba...

0 |

How Big is Rosetta’s Comet?

www.universetoday.com/...

0 |

All the solid surfaces in the solar system (excluding gas giants) mapped as a map according to surface area.

xkcd.com/1389/large

0 |

wagon-wheel effect from Saturn’s polar hexagon... 38.media.tumblr.com/0f...

0 |

Rosetta's target is 'double' comet

Europe's Rosetta probe has acquired some sensational new images of the comet it is chasing through space.

The pictures show that 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko appears to be not one but two objects joined together. It is what scientists call a "contact binary".

www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

One of the guys boots the cat off the roof at the end!

Weightless Cats - I Can Has Gravity?:

0 |

Always like to hear new theories on black holes - www.iflscience.com/spa...

0 |

So BlackHoles, as we perceive them, are actually White Holes spitting matter out??

0 |

Known Universe www.facebook.com/photo...

0 |

Love that video. One of my faves.

Another cool scale video -

0 |

Delta IV Rocket Launch Live www.livestream.com/spa...

0 |

apod.nasa.gov/apod/ast...

0 |

Always think this is pretty crazy - www.slate.com/blogs/ba...

1 |

NASA Discovers 101 Active Geysers On Saturn Moon
ime.com/3054748/nasa-d...

0 |

Vladimir Komarov - the man that fell from space i.imgur.com/eBIVyyv.jpg

0 |

is that what actually happened the mad bastard in the red bull advert?

0 |