Choose a discussion

Cool science shit

blogs.technet.com/b/ne... would love this as a coffee table

0 |

now this is cool, a robotic suit which when worn allows the person to have superhuman strength like these workers in a ship yard in south korea lifting 100 kilo hunks of metal as if they're nothing. in a way perhaps, the concept is slightly reminiscent of one of those robotic things ripley fights the alien with at the end of Aliens, very cool. www.newscientist.com/a...

0 |

Those things are known for torning on ye

0 |

Another one that's similar -

0 |

0 |

Sure CSI have been doing that for years

0 |

self organising robots

www.newscientist.com/a...

1 |

this is cool but more than that its pretty disturbing, harvard have created a swarm of small robots that gather together as a collective to carry out different functions.. quite cool but with all these kind of forward thinking technologies you wonder what angle the defence industry takes on it all. Maybe it will only be a matter of time before robots are sent to war instead of humans to fight against the likes of whats happening with isis in Iraq, for example, as they don't want to put any troops on the ground from what I've picked up about it. So thats good, if your on the side of the robots, but if your not then its a pretty frightening prospect. Maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but anyway heres the swarm

www.theguardian.com/te...

0 |

should of had a look and saw it was already posted, sorry

0 |

ah, thought you had posted the same story there pavlov but its a diff one

0 |

probably a little a head of yourself that star shape took something like 11 hours to form...

imagine those wee bots doing environmental cleanup or monitoring of the type needed after this weeks gold mine spill in canada.

but if you want to think of military applications... imagine the massive reduction in civilian deaths if they could be deployed rather than drones

0 |

here a longer video of them

0 |

www.iflscience.com/pla...

0 |

Ud never c that on a white t shirt

0 |

Get one of those beetles to walk across the ultra black stuff.

0 |

Some seriously cool as fuck real time facial tracking software

0 |

Video fail, lad.

0 |

try thon, its pretty class looking

0 |

Must be a bug as in trying to post a link from vimeo

0 |

Works fine on IE. Couldn't finish it because it's so damn boring

zzzzzzz X5

0 |

remove the first part o the link so it is just starting and it should post as text just.

0 |

I thought the tech behind it was v impressive

0 |

OK, so it even grabs that... try dropping the www and then add a few spaces in the url.

0 |

v i m e o .com/103425574

0 |

Wow! That is trippy as fuck. Class.

0 |

...continuation from the badass animals thread.

Aye, so I can't put it in words anywhere nearly as good as Bill Bryson, so here you go, you incestuous dirtbirds.

1 |

were getting stupider

0 |

next level quantum

0 |

That's cool!

0 |

cool news.sky.com/story/132...

0 |

infra-red image of gas tornado from the latest unpronounceable Icelandic volcano to threat our jet set existence
www.newscientist.com/d...

0 |

At least it somewhat pronounceable the last one know one knew where to even begin, need to get around to visiting Iceland at some point looks a cool wee unstable island

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...

0 |

WOW

Unbelievable video shows man getting into boiling volcano

loid.gizmodo.com/unbel...

0 |

crazy mofo

0 |

Wonder did be bring marshmallows

0 |

Wowowowow

Volcano Eruption in Papua New Guinea:

1 |

that's a great video, takki... the pressure wave in the clouds then the sound wave hitting them. immense

0 |

Would be fairly hardcore if you were on that island!

0 |

That was cool, would've been amazingly scary to be on the closer cargo ship

0 |

Holy Shhheeee....... toledo.

0 |

hmmmmm... www.psychedelicadventu...

0 |

Have Humans Already Conquered The Threat Of Extinction?

io9.com/have-humans-al...

0 |

Live dissection of a Colossal Squid...

Science Live: Colossal Squid:

0 |

Watched a show about them last month, pretty amazing

0 |

Mind-boggling. Supermassive black holes including one that is 4.5 billion times the size of our sun.

www.nasa.gov/press/201...

0 |

The Black Dragons of the Sea

www.iflscience.com/pla...

0 |

Science asks on religion for help...

"Two of the world’s leading scientists have made an unprecedented call on religious leaders to spark a “massive mobilisation of public opinion”, insisting that only through God can we save the environment."

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

www.mirror.co.uk/news/...

0 |

Four ways you can see the multiverse

0 |

Physicists Have Found A Particle That's Also Its Own Antiparticle

Back in 1937, an Italian physicist predicted the existence of a single, stable particle that could be both matter and antimatter. Nearly 80 years later, a Princeton University research team has actually found it.

io9.com/physicists-hav...

0 |