Choose a discussion

Cool science shit

blogs.technet.com/b/ne... would love this as a coffee table

0 |

Left & right hemispheres, innit. If you think logic is King, then you've only half a kingdom

0 |

Fupping bingo: "your logical, slow mind is a master at inventing a cover story. Most of the beliefs or opinions you have come from an automatic response. But then your logical mind invents a reason why you think or believe something"

Interesting how this fragmented imposter (the mind) grabbed the reins of the whole, in such a wide portion of society. Majority actually believe they are the contents of their thoughts - but all that is is another invention for the thing to maintain power through self-sabotage & limiting beliefs

0 |

original selective attention task www.theinvisiblegorill...

0 |

i suppose it then begs the question, Shat do we have free will or are we just an almost pavlovian set of environmentally conditioned responses?

0 |

You've free will to interpret the external, as this or that, and as a result control your responses

0 |

and you're sure that's not just a gut feeling letting you think that... and you're not just rationalising?

0 |

Good point. If free will is not real, why are such great efforts gone to, to manipulate folks or repress information? Why would this be the case, when we would have no say either way as it's all pre-determined / hard coded

0 |

because those choosing to 'manipulate folks or repress information' are just acting on impulses that make them feel they need to behave in such a manner... yet they rationalising this behavior to themselves.

0 |

'choosing '

0 |

But for this impulsiveness to develop there has to be several instances of encountering choice and acting upon it. One avenue as opposed to another

0 |

Impulsiveness is basically a byproduct of choice

0 |

impulsive behavior has been should to arise epigentically from environmental factors- mainly chronic stress... some people are rewarded by behaving impulsively others learn that its better to be cautious ...

all down to genes...

whose expression is down to environment...

0 |

Follow that on up and you'll find it all ultimately stems from psychological factors. The impact of environmental externals on the psyche is what causes the illusion of impulsiveness. In every action/ thought there is choice of one over another

0 |

if that what helps you sleep at night...

0 |

Blurt -

Should be some interesting studies of the magnetic fields coming in the next few years.

0 |

The size of a speck of dust is half way between an atom and the earth.

SURELY NOT?!!!!

0 |

Kinda scary...

30,000-year-old giant virus 'comes back to life'

An ancient virus has "come back to life" after lying dormant for at least 30,000 years, scientists say.
It was found frozen in a deep layer of the Siberian permafrost, but after it thawed it became infectious once again.
The French scientists say the contagion poses no danger to humans or animals, but other viruses could be unleashed as the ground becomes exposed.

Read more - www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

its all X-files here today

0 |

smartshoes for the blind

gizmodo.com/these-smar...

0 |

what-if.xkcd.com/86

0 |

kinda - ereistoday.com

0 |

Scientists Built an Impossibly Small Engine But Don't Know How It Works gizmodo.com/scientists...

0 |

Mineral hints at bright blue rocks deep in the Earth

Minerals preserved in diamond have revealed hints of the bright blue rocks that exist deep within the Earth. They also provide the first direct evidence that there may be as much water trapped in those rocks as there is in all the oceans.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |

pretty good representation of the wind - earth.nullschool.net/#...

0 |

aattp.org/fox-news-rep...

0 |

Ffs shat I just read that then the comments by the fucking loon squad and I'm now angry.. HOW IN THE SWEET FUCK IN THIS DAY AND AGE DO PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE IN A MAGICAL SKY DADDY!!??!

0 |

imgur.com/gallery/wMrKS

0 |

Haha at "Magical sky Daddy."

0 |

more actual 'shit' science... thinking i may need to start some kind of faecal science thread

www.independent.co.uk/...

0 |

That's nutty

0 |

i.imgur.com/GrxTtMo.png

0 |

that face recreation from dna is mad/ cool/ scary...

www.newscientist.com/a...

0 |

www.newscientist.com/a... some cool flatliners shit right there

0 |

Once in a lifetime: Tornado of tumbleweeds spreads grass fire in Colorado.

Firefighter Thomas Rogers recorded this video of a tumbleweed tornado that helps spread a controlled fire beyond what was originally intended. Taken at a wildlife refuge in Denver, Colorado, several fire teams were at hand to help control the blaze.

www.wimp.com/tornadotu...

0 |

shouldn't have fucked with the mysterons

0 |

What will really happen when the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts?

io9.com/what-will-real...

0 |

What Makes This Substance Boil And Freeze At The Same Time?

io9.com/what-makes-thi...

0 |

This is amazing www.upworthy.com/a-man...

0 |

RJ, thats the hospital next to my work and I suppose I should opt out of it. I didn't even know I had to.

0 |

What if it actually works and they save your life if you've been unfortunate to caught up in a shooting?

0 |

Ahh, fuck it. I might come back seeing dead people.

0 |

The Unique Merger That Made You (and Ewe, and Yew)

All sophisticated life on the planet Earth may owe its existence to one freakish event.

nautil.us/issue/10/mer...

0 |

Top Five Films about the Higgs Boson

ysicsbuzz.physicscentr...

0 |

Procrastination Is in Your Genes ime.com/51883/procrast...

0 |

Mapping European genetics bs.twimg.com/media/Bky...

0 |

Thon genetics graph is from this site www.eupedia.com Lots of other interesting stuff on there too

0 |

Laboratory-grown vaginas implanted in patients www.thelancet.com/jour...

0 |

i really dont want to click on that link shat...

0 |

It's the Lancet ffs, hardly gonna be graphic

0 |

Time Trumpet - Beckham's Vagina

0 |