Choose a discussion

Cool science shit

blogs.technet.com/b/ne... would love this as a coffee table

0 |

makes me hope some day that the brown diamond will be realised

0 |

"just a wee bit more, jimmy, you're alright, keep 'er coming, you're alright, you're alright, SHIT!"

"NEW VOLCANO FORMS, AS 500 WORKERS DIE DRILLING TO THE EARTHS CORE"

0 |

www.newscientist.com/a...

0 |

0 |

pm yoda

0 |

Ants are awesome...

0 |

Holy shit that's cool

0 |

check this out! this has to be an elaborate joke
www.gamespot.com/artic...

0 |

wanna play quantum computers?

www.bristol.ac.uk/phys...

0 |

I'm more interested in takeaway deliveries by drone! As long as they can keep the food warm!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

0 |

Simulations back up theory that Universe is a hologram

www.nature.com/news/si...

0 |

What does it prove though?

The universe is a projection, nice one. What did we think it was beforehand?

0 |

The holographic nature of 3D physicality has been a topic of discussion for over 2000 years. Not a new phenomenon by any means, but it's good modern Science has developed techniques to prove these principles. Gnostic teachings leds. Now you'd need to be thinking of who/what runs it

0 |

Not a projection, neddac

Blurt, I think I've read the exact same thing from your before. Is that a copy and paste?

0 |

Could be, my opinions haven't changed on the matter. Have a look about and let me know

0 |

That's what I'm saying, all this proves is that people still crave a maker now their religious views have fallen from the popular vernacular.

"All that matters is that you and the man on the stool beside you are havin a laugh" Neddac 3:16

0 |

No it doesn't neddac lol

0 |

it doesn't change anything in the sense that the universe remains the same... it just possibly provides a better model for describing the universe. the world didn't change when relativity replaced Newtonian physics... yet without it the modern world wouldn't work

for me its interesting in a kinda trippy, 'I'd like to know more about that' way... til i reach the bottom of page 4 and the maths starts
arxiv.org/pdf/1311.560...

like you say for the blurt of this world there is now a hologram that needs 'programmed'

for new age hucksters it will be a way of unlocking the secre vibrational health benefits of water and crystals

for hi-fi geeks the hidden dimensions will provide higher fidelity sounds on their gold speaker connectors

for kev it will be one more piece of evidence uncovering the evil abomination of obamas proxy war against assad.

this discovery is all things to all (wo)men

0 |

in laymans terms? ive got a christian to wind up about this tomorrow. (he loves it and usually starts the debates)

0 |

i'd say this would turn into a pretty joyless debate pretty quickly, tbf... it provides a set of maths that allows the modelling of the big things in physics with the really small stuff.

jsut get him started on evolution... what breed of christian is he... happy-clappy love your neighbour commie christian or god helps those who help themselves

0 |

"holographic nature of 3D physicality has been a topic of discussion for over 2000 years"

yeah i can just picture them all sitting around in their robes at the height of the Roman Empire discussing holographic 3D physicality whilst watching lions feed on christians...

0 |

lol

0 |

The scene... just after an epic bloodbath of a Gladiator fight in the Colosseum.

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

"Well, not really. I'm kinda busy trying to wrap my head round this holographic nature of 3D physicality stuff!"

0 |

So the Gnostic's called it before modern science, just have to take that one on the chin guys. What's cool is they offer an explanation of who created it, why it's there and our part in it in this life & the one thereafter - could be a load of the aul hoo-raa but sure, happy days

0 |

hes a creationist. believes in everything the bible says.

0 |

ask his views on child whipping
www.bbc.co.uk/news/mag...

0 |

haha. awesome.

0 |

Child whippin you say...

0 |

"Scientists Turn Algae into Crude Oil in Less Than an Hour"

www.alternet.org/envir...

0 |

Journalist successfully passes off bogus research paper. Published by 157 open-access science journals
www.redorbit.com/news/...

“Any reviewer with more than a high-school knowledge of chemistry and the ability to understand a basic data plot should have spotted (my) paper’s short-comings immediately,” Bohannon wrote. “Its experiments are so hopelessly flawed that the results are meaningless.”

0 |

newswatch.nationalgeog...

0 |

The amplituhedron

los-temblores.blogspot...

0 |

"A Little Acid Turns Mouse Blood Into Brain, Heart And Stem Cells"
www.npr.org/blogs/heal...

0 |

Interesting link, pavlov. Though there are two types of 'time'. Physical & psychological. One is an inevitability of physicality, one is not. Thought is psychological time. If you stop to consider thought and actually go into it, all it is, is movement either in the remembered past or the projected future; by nature it can't exist anywhere else. Thought is the anti-thesis of the moment, and considering all life is, is a single moment with continually morphing externals then the absurdity starts to become obvious

0 |

haven't had a chance to read it yet actually... stuck it here so i wouldn't forget it... that mouse story has been on my to do list as well

0 |

opdocumentaryfilms.com... This V Sauce compilation is a great watch. Some of the subjects didn't strike me as something Id give a shit about but your man presenting it does a great job of it,

This is not really a documentary but it's an incredible, 10-hours-long, video material full of amazing scientific explanations. Don't be discouraged by the length of the playlist because the material is divided in relatively small parts and you can digest them in your own time. This is simply a compilation of the most popular videos of one spectacular YouTube channel - Vsauce.
Michael, the owner of the channel, has a unique talent of presenting scientific facts in a very interesting way. If you think you're familiar with the everyday science, then wait until you see what he has to say. Michael's explanations include a wide spectrum of scientific topics, such as:
What will happen if everyone on Earth jumped at once? Does the mirror have a color? Why do people kiss? Do everyone see the same colors? What's the most fatal place on the planet? How high can our buildings go? Why are things scary? Why are bad words labeled as bad? Does the shadow have a weight? What would happen if the sun disappears? Does anyone own the moon? Can we live forever?

0 |

I'm subscribed to the VSaurce YouTube channel. Their videos are great!

0 |

Jim Al-Khalili's radio show, The Life Scientific, had Peter Higgs on last night... www.bbc.co.uk/programm...

Worth a listen for anyone interested.

0 |

Love Space lads

0 |

www.distancetomars.com

0 |

anything to salt the wound, takki. Thought you left the internet bullying behind.:'(

0 |

Aul molo spamming like a kitchen seller that distance to mars link..

0 |

Haha. Had to mate, had to. There was a debate going on and I didnt wanna be seen to be taking sides.

0 |

www.htwins.net/scale2

Amazing website

0 |

train your eyes www.popularmechanics.c...

0 |

Sand and stars... what-if.xkcd.com/83

0 |

Pyroclastic Flow followed by series of Tornados, Sinabung Volcano

0 |

Rebooting The Cosmos: Is the Universe The Ultimate Computer Simulation?

0 |

www.whydontyoutrythis....

never heard of that site, so defo true.

0 |

How do we really make decisions? a battle between intuition and logic www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

0 |