Choose a discussion

Great flow chart to find a new Sci-Fi show to watch -

0 |

Anyone watch the much hyped new Netflix series Altered Carbon yet?

0 |

No. Good shit?

0 |

Haven't started but will be giving it a lash. Just wondering if there was any initial views from the board massive

0 |

Watched the first couple of episodes....very Blade Runner in terms of it's look....very PK D in terms of its story....so far so good....violent....boobs.....butts.....

0 |

What's not to like then? Swearing for the home run?

0 |

0 |

Love it

0 |

Recommend Requiem on iplayer. All episodes there

0 |

Phunk, what you think of Altered Carbon? I thought it started pretty well and the first half was pretty good, but it seemed to lose its way a bit second half. Got very drawn out and pretty shallow.

0 |

TJ & Choc-Ice I'm nearing the end of the 1st series of Twin Peaks as I'd never watched. It really is WEIRD. It's totally taken a different turn after the killer was revealed? I find it boring me now but sticking with the last few eps. (well there's a lot of them)

1 |

Altered Carbon is very good. His sister is amazing.

0 |

It's weird as fuck Duffy, but that's probably what's so memorable about it. 2nd season was probably too long, 1st season short and sweet.

1 |

Hi Duffy. Once the killer is revealed the quality plummets, but worth sticking with it for the last episode of season 2 which is really good.

I also enjoyed the recent return but it ups the weirdness 1000 percent and can be a difficult watch for some. Know a few people who absolutely hated it.

1 |

Great recap of Season 1 of Westworld (spoilers, obvs)

Westworld Season 1 Explained

0 |

Westworld season 2 trailer breakdown

0 |

TJ I just finished season 2. the last ep is so weird... a good 20 mins of Cooper in the weird rooms/black lodge and everyone with weird voices :/

Next series downloaded ready to go.

1 |

The most recent season ups the weirdness even more. It's not really the soap opera feel the original had at times, and a lot of it is utterly bonkers tbh, but I enjoyed it.

1 |

Would the new Twin Peaks be advisable for someone who appreciated the original for what it was, but wasn't overly keen on it generally? I dipped in and out of the original one, but it never really grabbed me (maybe too young?). Just wondering if the remake might be worth a blinge?

0 |

Its more of a sequel. I didnt enjoy the first one at all.

0 |

Do you like Lynch's films? If not, and if you didn't particularly like the original Twin Peaks I'd be surprised if you liked the new one tbh takkster.

1 |

Black Lightning is good fun on Netflix, great soundtrack (well apart from the original stuff)

0 |

Enjoying it. I like a lot of the characters. Though I think superhero TV is really at a saturation point.

0 |

Any good crime dramas.out there? Really want a good TV show like that.

0 |

Bosch. The Night Of. Mindhunter. Top of the Lake.

1 |

Thanks Matthew.

0 |

www.nytimes.com/2016/0...

Don't know anyone else that stumbled on this, but I would recommend it

0 |

The night of is good. Mindhunter had its moments. Must check those others. Cheers

0 |

Oh yeah, heard a lot of TV critics raving about how good that one was.

0 |

Started Line of Duty. Pretty good so far.

0 |

Mindhunter was good-few dodgy bits and took a couple of episodes to get into it but enjoyed it.
Godless has its moments but is a bit wick too

0 |

Agreed Phunk, Quarry's a great show! Also check Snowfall, about the start of the crack epidemic in 80s LA.

0 |