Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

Yes, I think it is time to get some litecoins

0 |

Melt to set up. Not worth the 700 noop i've made, tbh

0 |

litecoinlocal or bitbargain seem to be the way to go

0 |

Fuck up Blurt, give me step by step nar

0 |

Is it really a major melt?

0 |

Once I knock out your Uncle Albert. Cunt ye

0 |

Download wallet from litecoin. Go to bitbargain and buy litecoin via UK bank transfer. No melt at all apart from my bank taking a few days to go through.

0 |

Hahaha Blurt, sometimes even a cunts uncle has to be issued with a batin

0 |

I had a run in with Voldemort ffs

0 |

Gonna have a whack at this when I get into the gaff later on, much are ltc atm?

0 |

it was a bit of a melt when i started out as ltc were small time and i had to go via swfirt transfer + mt gox - btce. The sights i mentioned at the top of the page should aloow you to get involved fairly melt free.

I would recommend all you guys with offline wallets encrypt them and back them up to a couple of locations in case of pc/mac death

0 |

Ok so I've downloaded the wallet. It says its out of sync. I assume I have to somehow verify it now and enter bank details etc. Always suspicious about this type of thing

0 |

the wallet is just a storage vessel for ltc, no bank details needed, it needs to be synced before it can accept/send coins

0 |

I think I am sorted now cheers!

0 |

I have just made a payment for 10 litecoins on the bitbargain site. Is there anything I need to do after the payment is made to see them appear in my wallet?

0 |

you need to send your LTC address to the seller, click on the "receive" tab in your wallet to find it

0 |

they just asked what my name was as apparently i entered wrong ref. I don't think i entered any ref lol

0 |

I knew it wouldn't be straight forward lol. Don't remember being asked for a ref at any point.

0 |

Muffs bank account emptied by the morning

0 |

Just ask them what they need your name for. I wouldn't give them your name though.

0 |

your username on the site and your ltc address are all they should need, if you do a bank xfer your initail and surname will prob come up on their statement, maybe they want to corss reference the payment to make sure its you as you didnt include a reference?

0 |

That's me up to 800 pound profit

0 |

From what and how many coin?

0 |

Haven't put a penny into BTC or LTC LeanneM

0 |

You'll be fairly pissed off when we're all in our Ferrari's, Connor!

0 |

just got this sorted. using this site bitbargain.co.uk read through it, and follow the links to get a wallet. wallet takes a while to sync. before you make a purchase it prompts you to read a paragraph. read it. do everything it says. done it twice now. easy peasy.

cheers ferg.

now all i need to know is how to encrypt and backup my wallet, and how to sell the coins again.

0 |

It says not to leave your coins in your wallet for more than a week? I thought this was where you kept them until you used or sold them? Where do you transfer them to from there for safe keeping then?

0 |

when you use that site, it transfers them to a wallet on the website, just for you. you then send them on to your own wallet, using the address on it.

0 |

Seems a bit of hassle to verify your account properly. Passport type photo required, then another photo of your holding passport in your hand lol FFS

0 |

Not to mention a household bill ffs

0 |

I think I understand. Just a bit melty at that start. Should be straight forward enough after a time or two

0 |

You'll be Nick leeson in no time.

0 |

It's like a money laundering precaution. I use Liberty Reserve e-currency to buy things the Government have decided i'm not allowed. For this service, I use a middle man named Vela Exchange to take my real monies and fill my LR account with e-monies. As part of the verification I had to send a photo of front & back of bankcard, driving license & utility bill

0 |

lol @ liberty reserve

0 |

Do you have to do this before you can trade then? I assume its compulsory?

0 |

We aren't all investment slow-rollers like you, gref backwards. Bit of Canada's finest is all i'm interested in

0 |

i think blurt just made a pass at me

0 |

i never had to do all that, muff.

0 |

Cock photos can circumvent verification

0 |

id imagine if you want to sell them, you would need to do all that?

0 |

cock photos that is.

0 |

Kaizen not far of a Ferrari as it stands scooby

0 |

We only sell quality, Justim. Good weight & well-veined

0 |

don't know about you, but mines a bit worn out.

0 |

Must have bought it through my nemesis, Derry Bingler. Sells shite. Wants to be me

0 |

Shit be's getting real! www.businessinsider.co...

0 |

How does one go about mining these yokes then?

Think I'm gonna buy some of these of litecoinlocal here

0 |

Yeo, finally purchased

0 |

chickun!

0 |

We have lift off :-P Up to £15

0 |