Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

bitbargain.co.uk anyone used?

0 |

Look at my last post you twinkie

0 |

right, i see. what is the wallet all about?

0 |

Its just software to store the coins offline (there are online ones too)

0 |

cool, cheers. i don't use online banking. i just got switch. what is the easiest way to pay you think?

0 |

Litecoin local and meet the vendor in person (if there are any near you) or get down the bank and make a cash deposit to the vendors account (keep the receipt as proof).

Or use the bitcoin site and trade btc for ltc on one of the exchanges

0 |

The proof is in the pudding and bitcoin has proved its temporary worth, for sure. If litecoin goes half as well i'll be happy. Definitely proved wrong on short term money to be made.

0 |

ANyone else with First Trust? If so do all transfers take a few days? Its doing my head in.

0 |

afaik all bank transfers take a few days unless transferring within the bank ie to another FT customer. Think the standard is 3working days - if you want a same day transfer you need to pay for a chaps transfer, and I think you would need to call up or go into the bank to request that and authorise payment - I've only ever known businesses to use chaps.

0 |

The proof is in the pudding and in this case the pudding is a football.

0 |

Haters be playasss! Stop pretending u haven't invested kaizen!!

0 |

Non non, mon ceri!

Current acc - current acc in the uk is normally within a couple of hours

0 |

Guy I bought LTC off said most his dealings are instantaneous, HSBC being longest at 8 hours.

0 |

Shit just liked my own post whilst mobile browsing, fail. Slag me off

0 |

Aul scooby, litecoin lurker

0 |

Some banks have fast transactions, some don't. Santander is straight off.

0 |

nationwide are a gbol in most respects.

How was your experience on litecoinlocal kev? share with the group :)

0 |

Fingering your own star, ferg.

Disgusting.

0 |

just fingered myself again :) bleached the star

0 |

My boyfriend Leeds trying to make me
Sell some coins saying I'm a Dick for not cashing out- he also said that when btc was over 200 and ltc was at 5

0 |

ditch him, lets make ltc love

0 |

I didn't do local, just some english fella.

0 |

aye, but was it easy, go smoothly, good contact with seller? details, people need to know!

0 |

Dunno what the ;) face was for leanne - you sent me a ton of PM's regarding them - finical advice doesn't grow on trees!

0 |

My brother in law has mined in the region of 900 light coins - looks like hes doing alright

0 |

would actually consider getting a LTC mining rig now, 84million cap on units, long way to go if it works out $$

0 |

Yeah, everything was hunky dory! No complaints whatsoever and I jumped in the deep end without a baldy.

0 |

;) mention I've got your back on this Db- I'm ltc # 1 fan ya know!

0 |

what is mining?

0 |

Paying a fortune in running a lot of PC rigs crunching hard numbers in return for bitcoins

0 |

Will bitcoins not become a lot easier to mine year on year as technology improves, lowering its value?

0 |

Bitcoins easier to mine now Asic technology is about. There is talk abiut them being developed for ltc too

0 |

DB, did you buy some back in 2009?

0 |

3D-printed gun maker Cody Wilson is raising $50,000 for an anarchist Bitcoin wallet

www.theverge.com/2013/...

0 |

lol

www.ltcasics.com/index...

0 |

www.linkedin.com/today...

0 |

Nothing new or insighful in that article tbf, but a good intro for those who dont know about it

0 |

ltc lift off! looks like a pump is on

0 |

god its so tempting to sell!!!

0 |

dealbook.nytimes.com/2...

0 |

for sure something actually good will come along and end bitcoins value.

0 |

In the meantime, there is money to be made!

0 |

www.businessinsider.co... Interesting link about bitcoin origins.

0 |

business insider seem to be anti-crypto fot the most part

0 |

Wouldn't surprise. The origins of the article are linked.

0 |

Haven't heard much about Peercoin

0 |

Aul Leanna had some peercoin. A few of the other alt-coins exploded recently too. There is one called truecoin or TRC lol.

Serious growth for ltc today again.

0 |

Ltc up to 400 for Christmas.

0 |

www.businessinsider.co...

Good article on ltc/btc. Some chat from ltc founder and ex google dev, charles lee

0 |

Don't want to trawl through this whole thread but can someone point me in the right direction to buy a few litecoins. Tried using 'Pingit' the other night but the penny verification code never appeared in my bank account so couldn't proceed ffs.

0 |