Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

i reckon they're shite and will soon be worth fuck all.

0 |

I certainly wouldn't see them as a long term investment.

0 |

"LeanneM yesterday @ 10:59 p.m.
I'm holding out - I wanna make x10 my money before even thinking about cashing out"

greeds a dangerous thing Leanne, get while the goings good is my moto that an PS4FTW as well

0 |

i havent put anything in that i really care about losing so im backing it all the way!

0 |

Same here tbh, i have little enotuonal attachment to the money i put in, in march. It didnt worry me for the months that ltc was tanking i just checked on it less. The potential is there for big rewards so I'll take my chances.

0 |

Why not Kev?

0 |

Yeah, I'm the same really. At the minute I'm probably seeing a double in my investment in just a few months, but 5 - 10 times increase would be great.

0 |

I just wouldn't, too many variables that can go wrong as opposed to safer bets like gold, silver and art etc. Big gamble.

0 |

All a lot more expensive to get into/see any reasonable return though. I guess that's the attraction of cryptocoins at the minute though. There is potential for huge gains to be had, if you're ok with the risk.

0 |

True, if you're after huge gains. I'm talking about safe guarding wealth as much as anything. Gold is really low at the moment, though.

0 |

they're not a good long term investment because when they're not worth anything you don't have anything. :|

0 |

Ok alegend we get that you arent a fan. If you are going to be negative at least be funny

0 |

Gold is low? How come? Thought it was going mental?

0 |

Has been dropping for a right while.

0 |

Hmm, might buy some keiser gold with some of my ltc

0 |

Bullion by post is a better option, i'd say.

0 |

Litecoins - buy low, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high >>> Litecoins - buy low with profit from gold, sell high >>> Gold buy low with litecoin profit, sell high

Retire.

0 |

Have you bought any kev?

0 |

Richard Branson taking BTC For Virgin Galactic
www.cnbc.com/id/101220710

0 |

Branson involved. Yeeoow

0 |

Branson is an early investor apparently. Interesting that he converts the BTC to dollar. Maybe he is ramping up the value and protecting himself by having it converted to dollar?

0 |

Dollar is still a big player

0 |

so members of the federal reserve, tycoons like branson, and other shapeshifters are now pimping the idea of bitcoin. pump and dump.

0 |

That's what I reckon aLegend. Early money adopters helping to ramp the price and getting out sweet whilst the new money investors get boned. Bubble bubble bubble bubble BURST

0 |

The dollar is fucked, ferg.

0 |

This could either be really, really good... or really, really bad

0 |

Most of the big money people are shifting money away from dollar, that i know.

0 |

How am I only hearing about this now? MIND=BLOWN!!

0 |

Economics wouldnt be one of my strongest points and now this....

0 |

www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f39...

0 |

oh, no wait... that was 2006. never mind

0 |

Now in the litecoin business.

0 |

Told you all about this in 2009 when BTC were $14 - please make out all commision cheques to the poor boyo's in the phillipines

0 |

Always had faith in you DB- as soon as I saw u talking about btc I was in ;)

0 |

Wish I'd seen the 2009 post though!

0 |

Did you buy any in 2009, DB?

Did you get some, Kev?

0 |

I know the dollar is fucked, still big business at the mo though.

Did you buy off litecoin local kev?

Anyone watch newsnight last night?

0 |

Any of yis mining?

0 |

You must be rich if you got in at 2009, DB!

Got some litecoin that i'm happy enough to gamble with. Saw newsnight, indeed. I stillthink they are short term things, for the moment.

0 |

kev Tuesday 2 July 2013 @ 3:46 p.m.
I'm not going near any of this crap.

;-)

0 |

Hahaha the doubters have been turned!

0 |

Wouldn't put a penny in this to be honest. To volatile

0 |

Feared

0 |

Up near ten dollah for ltc now

0 |

$10!!?? Eh thought you lot where making serious bank isn't bitcoin up around the hundreds of dollars a coin??

0 |

Pay attention RJ, not explaining this to you again.

Was reading on reddit there that local bitcoins is a good spot for trading crypto in gbp, will be avoiding gox if possible

0 |

RJ, if you bought when they were $1, you're still making ten times the amount.

0 |

so ltc = litecoin?
gox, is somewhere you put your money, in order to send it onto the vendor?
what is the easiest/best way to pay?

am in the middle of reading this thread. gonna take a gamble i think once i completely understand it. links?

cheers. :)

0 |

Ltc are continental, get involved. Kev has bought off litecoin local. Ive read good things about the link that shat put up as well

0 |

gonna throw two wads of cash at this i think. one to leave for years, and another to cash out soon. both sums enough to make a good few quid but happy enough to throw away. interesting about branson involved.

and thanks for absolutely no help at all. lol.
it would be good for someone to put up exactly what to do to get involved in this.

1. Set up Mt.Gox and BTC-E accounts
2. Wire transfer from your bank - mt.gox via swift payment
3. Buy BTC on gox with your GBP
4. Transfer BTC from gox to btc-e
5. Trade yout BTC for LTC at btc-e
6. Try not to lose them all trading back and forth like lots of people seem to have done, just sit back and wait for a crypto miracle

surely you can just buy ltc without having to buy btc?

0 |