Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

No converted those a while ago to Ltc and bought more btc when they were really low and I had a tax refund I wanted to avoid spending
Went off the PC when the million other random coins came on the scene - hard to see how they would gain any traction - If plc does ill cry lol

0 |

PC and Plc = ppc ffs

0 |

fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akam...

0 |

BTC + LTC price comparison between btc-e and the GBOL exchanges

0 |

Bit cat an all time high of 280 at this rate we will be at 300 by the weekend! OTC is going gangbusters too ready to break the $4 mark- loving it!!!

0 |

bit cat= BTC

0 |

Fuck BTC. What about LTC?

0 |

LTC will always be tied to BTC but is growing nicely. BTC is rising much quicker though. LTC was at about $2 a few days ago though, it's higher again in the Chinese exchanges

0 |

You any BTC left, ferg?

0 |

I meant ltc is almost at $4 not OTC fucking auto correct. Batch has cracked 310 on mt-gox
This shit be crazy!!

0 |

Read your posts you melter :)

No takki all in LTC now, no point trading back until LTC/BTC ratio is higher

0 |

How are yous sitting on either type of coin when they can be swapped for lovely lovely gear

0 |

Out of interest, can anyone link me to some cool websites that accept LTC? No illegals.

0 |

Go to the litecoin forum, there is a list of sites, on le fine cba linking

0 |

*fone

0 |

You're dead to me, ferg.

0 |

bitcoin manipulation

arxiv.org/pdf/1311.024...

0 |

or less formally from the paper authors

ackingdistributed.com/...

0 |

^That seems worrying but it hasn't seemed to have effected value. At an all time high
business.time.com/2013...

Major Bitcoin theft www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...

0 |

The theft poses big problems. Those guys are scot free.

0 |

good point that. teh price rising because of the launch of silk road 2.

because before, silk road was a largely unknown underground website. now the launch of silk road 2 is being advertised by every major news network.

0 |

And the Chinese are buying up coins like fuuuh

0 |

more ridiculous activity today :)

www.coined.com

0 |

The value of Bitcoins leapt above $600 on Monday ahead of a US Senate committee hearing that could help the experimental digital currency win wider acceptance among mainstream investors.

US officials will tell the committee that virtual currencies offer a legitimate service, which can be exploited by criminals but may offer a rapid and secure payment system if properly regulated, according to submissions made ahead of the hearing.

www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6c5...

0 |

max keiser hyping LTC as well, up a crazy amount the last few days :)

0 |

WFT $546 a coin, fuck me. $8 when i tried to buy them at the start

0 |

could've doubled, if not tripled your money there

0 |

I doubled up earlier there. Me and ferg high fiving like fuck.

aaaahhhh yyeeeahhh

0 |

i didnt sell during the last spike, but tempted to sell some off now

0 |

same time high5

0 |

You should sell off some now. And don't call me spike.

0 |

should i though? tempted to do the opposite of what you say, this time

0 |

patience seems to be profitable in this market, but how much patience, axl?

0 |

sell them just before they inevitably crash.

0 |

now thats sense your talkin

0 |

I can only really see 2 outcomes when it comes to this, ferg.

1. They just keep rising over time. There is the odd spike, like this, then it will drop, but overall it is slowly and steadily increasing. 20-30 years from now, when Litecoins become mainstream, we will be millionaires.
2. We sit hoping for outcome 1, but what actually happens is the network gets hacked/the developers are found out to be hoods/it all collapses. Basically we loose everything.

Hardcore.

0 |

either way there will be some serious whatsappin done

0 |

www.businessinsider.co...

0 |

live feed of us gov talks on crypto
www.c-span.org/Live-Vi...

0 |

Sell like fuck lads. And well done too.

0 |

nah, i'm stayin in a while longer, gonna trust max keiser, it may be foolish but patience seems to prevail

0 |

Holy shit! Can't believe LTC had made 8 bucks and btc at 700 wtf!!! Soooo tempted to sell

0 |

Fancy getting Ben Bernanke assassinated? www.forbes.com/sites/a...

0 |

Scary!

0 |

bernanke - "...while these types of innovations may pose risks related to law enforcement and supervisory matters, there are also areas in which they may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system."

0 |

Oh and i owuld get the hell out as soon as possible. This is not how a conventional market behaves, you'll never go broke taking profit.

0 |

I cant believe you folk who actually have bitcoins aren't cashing em out, this looks like the very definition of a bubble about to burst

0 |

Actually feel slightly ill seeing this and that I don't have any

0 |

See when you cash them out, does it just go into your PayPal or what. Minor noob on all this

0 |

Depends what you 'cash them out to', clogged. You could chas them out to another cryptocoin or real currency.. or you could use them to buy products.

I'm over double my money, at the minute. Not sure what to do.

0 |