Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

Will you have much left over after paying for a near 20 year old car from eBay?

0 |

About this much oi66.tinypic.com/256fo...

0 |

Mining bitcoins for £35 a day is great when your ma is paying the £30 a day electricity bill to run the thing.

1 |

Doom I have a bunch of high performance cad machines in my department in work, all running i7's and Quadro GFX cards it'd be easy for me to leave em running... Worth mining?

0 |

IBM pitches blockchain for cannabis sale

Blockchain technology could provide a secure way to track the legal sale of cannabis in Canada, IBM has said.

The British Columbia government has begun a public consultation on the legalisation of marijuana, which could take effect in July.

IBM said: "Blockchain is an ideal mechanism in which BC can transparently capture the history of cannabis through the entire supply chain, ultimately ensuring consumer safety while exerting regulatory control - from seed to sale.

"Blockchain is a highly effective trust mechanism which uses a cryptographically-secure shared ledger to irrefutably track complex transactions amongst many known parties."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...

0 |

Time to buy in? My brother reckons with the Segwit2x you'll not get a better chance

0 |

Bitcoin was down to $5.5k but it is back to $6k. If it gets down to near $5k again, that is the time to buy. It could come right back down and if so sell your house and buy even more at that stage. I might just buy half now anyway.

The problem I'm having is getting one of the hardware wallets. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy a Trezor here unless anyone else wants to advise on a better idea?

Bitcoin cash has gone right up to $2,500 since Friday at $650. Expecting that to come down a good bit.

0 |

Only put in what you can afford to lose. It's still far too volatile

0 |

RJ, only cards worth mining with are Nvidea 1070 and AMD 580 4GB. That's if your building the rig yourself, but even then GPU mining has a very long ROI - to find out what return you can expect from return you can expect with your hardware the most accurate site is www.nicehash.com/profi... of course if your not paying for any of the hardware at you disposal and won't get any grief is caught mine them getting them mining like boyo, probably the best coin to GPU mine is etherium, however if you join a pool like 'pro mining' these guys will switch the pool several times a day to mine the most profitable coin, You set the parameters (eg once you make $50) which when the amount is reached it will automatically trade it for your choice of coin or if you have a Coinbase wallet pay you out in folding monies.

I wouldn't recommend cashing out to £'s via Coinbase, there exchange rate is pretty poor and you can get a much better price selling on local bitcoins. But It is very convenient.

The Segxit2X fork was called off because they couldn't implement replay protection in time (ie if you spend a segwit2x coin you could find your spending BTC as well). This had the largely unforeseen consequence of making Bitcoin cash go through the roof (jumped from around $600 to an all time high of $2880, many people were seriously concerned that the Chinese BCC would Surpass the original BTC which slumped to around $5400. BCC has now been relatively 'stable' at $1335 a coin'. BTC is at $6489.

The main hypothesis for BCC's massive surge are;

1, it proves how incredibly hard it is to actually fork the network.
2, Bitcoin cash is actually a much more fungibile than BTC (BTC is more like a commodity like gold, It's takes a relatively long time to process a transaction and the fees are relatively quite high on each transaction - approx $3/4) BCC is a better form of currency, it takes secounds, rather than hours, to confirm, the fees are approx 2% of BTC's $3/4 a transaction.
3, Good old Chinese currency manipulation
4, A paradigm shift. There is so much instituational money in crypto currency right now that BTC is here to stay. And in 30 years the case for Bitcoin being the original crypto-currency and Bitcoin cash (being the only succesful fork of the network to date, Bitcoin gold cannot be consiered a true fork as it uses a toyally different algorythm (Equihash over SHA256)
5, China likes chinese made stuff. Sure in terms of fashion and electronics, Gucci and Apple are hugely popular. However when it comes to things like currency, politics, collectivism, the Chinese are not massively keen on adopting Western monetry policy etc
6, A multi million pound global marketing budget, including 1000's of trained crypto-currency advisors working 6 day's a week in malls/train stations etc
7, Perhaps most importantly - It looks like China are reversing their stance on crypto currency in general. They know they can't control it, and really the strongest bull signal that Bitcoin was unstoppable was when it was made 'illegal' for 1/6th of the population - lost 20% of it's value and was smashing new highs just 6 weeks later - with Chinese exchanges coming back on line again I would say now is a great time to invest - but I'm no expert.

Crypto-currency is no longer 'nerd' money it's absolutely huge I have seen massive gains in the past 6 months. The marketcap currently sits at 204.4 Billion dollars, it was as high as $214 Billion.

Visa's market cap is 254.75 Billion. And with a host of cypto debit cards ready to be rolled out on a huge scale in 2018; Cards such as - TenX, Monaco, Spectrocoin, Liqud, Bitpay, Xapo, Shift - to name just a few, all of which use existing POS terminals

What make's these cards so much more functional is that they don't jut offer BTC as a payment option. Many are offering the top 10 or even top 30 cryptocurrencies. To be spent like £'s, $'s and euros. I certainly won't be linking my account to any of these cards until one or 2 emerge as the dominant players. The whole market is still very much is it's infancy.

In response to Dhaire Boy regarding how the fluctuations in crypto make it impossible to use as a currency - I would liken this period the $ value of gold following the removal of the US dollar from the gold standard.
Gold rose
66.79% from '72 to '73.
72.59% from '73 to '74
Then dropped - 24.20% '74 to 75

More recently gold rose
30.6% in 2010
only to fall
27.6% in 2013

Traditionally considered a safest of safe haven asset's has had a very recent history of yoyoing like crazy when measured against the USD. In fact when any commodity is measured against the USD it 'true' utility is debased and dictated by the federal reserve monetary policy that is so opaque and covert it makes the operations of Jesus coin look like a heavily audited NGO.

If eventually (admittedly it's hard to imagine this happening any time in the future) the value of crypto-currency wasn't pegged to USD - but rather the 'gold standard' asset class of Bitcoin) the volatility would decrease dramatically. And if you take the previous 12 months as a exceptional year (there could be another 3 or 4 exceptional years ahead) where BTC as an asset class settles on a consensus as too it's worth.

Personally I think it will become a much more stable asset class than gold - primary as it isn't dogged with all the speculation regarding true v reported gold reserves. Bitcoin will only ever have 21million units. And each unit holds a uneditable record of who held it, for how long, when it was spent, how much was spent, who is the new owner etc etc.

As bitcoin gets used more and more so all this information contained within a v impacts severely on the fungability of bitcoin - hence sagwit2x's proposal to incorporate a segregated witness, that ran parallel to the core block – so the transactions can take place quicker and the ledger updated later

As of July '17 260,000 stores in Japan accepted bitcoin. In the US Subway, the fastest growing franchisee on the planet has accepted BTC for years - this is a VERY incomplete list of major corporations that accept bitcoin
www.zerohedge.com/news...

I accept Bitcoin in my current business, I plan to widen that out to Etherium, Litecoin. Bitcoin Cash, Dash and Monero

My business has been doing well lately. I have developed an Aurdio based product and if I didn't have such banal trolls with far to much time on their hands I'd post it up. But the trolls exist and I'm doing just fine without the boards input so leave that at that.

It has enabled me to buy another S9 and L3+ - I was extremely tempted to buy 2 S9's as currently Nicehash they are generating £16.76 a day and the L3+'s only £13.50 (although nice hash indicators focus specifically or the machines core mining ASIC's – Bitcoin & Litecoin, there are other options available to mine)

The S9's only crunch SHA256 and have substantially less currencies
See here - www.coinwarz.com/minin...

(note that if using the Prohashing pool the bitcoin miners wouldn't be mining Bitcoin exclusively - depending on the liquidity available across all exchanges globally it would allocate a proportion to Mazacoin which is £25.26 a day)

The L3+ miners crunch Scrypt and has a lot more currencies available, particularly one of my absolute favourite coins, Verge.

I tipped up Verge couple of months ago on this thread and it has since gone up 350%, was up round 500% at one stage but short term is irrelevant. Verge coins are super cheap (because there is a fuck ton of them) however it is without a doubt THE most private of private coins available. The wallet is only accessible through TOR it is mixed more times than Alter Ego Rocker and because there are soooo many of them and they exist entire on TOR. Except when engage in 'atomic swaps' pop onto into the clearnet to go onto exchanges and get turned into fiat.

There is already tons of talk on darknet forums requesting that it becomes a payment option. The darknet markets show no loyalty to whatever best gets the job done and with a few very high profile busts due to people being tracked through the bitcoin blockchain 'marked' BTC, almost all except Monero as well. Monero is a very good privacy coin, the Monero block chain it mixes periodically. It is however 4 years old and did exactly fk all in term of price movement until it was chosen by the dnm as the safest alternative crypto.

Like most things of this nature, insiders began hodling March '17 at around $9 a coin. Then in May when wide spread adoption began on the dnm – some dnm's use it exclusively – That news mooned the coin from $29 to $140 a coin in a week and has settled around todays price at $122.

And Verge is a vastly more private coin, it's as private as you can possibly have a crypto at the moment. And it's not just for those looking to buy Persians - Bitcoin profits are big time taxable. And with over $6billion in Bitcoin changing hands every day be damn sure that a lot of folks don't want to pay tax on that...

Verge is only 4/5 months in it's current incarnation - whole new team of developers and that has seen it go from 0.02c a coin to 0.75c a coin. It is without doubt the most private coin and a lot of people are thinking could it hit $1 a coin in 2018?

Here is a video on the most secure place to stash yer cash

Currently the L3+ is pumping out 30.1 Verge (XVG) a day worth $25.03 /£19..08 (3rd most profitable coin on the list after digibyte and Gulden )

Nicehash only gives you the figure of the coins the machines were designed to mine, however working as part of a proactive pool's, even Two S9 crunching SHA256 for ed down through 'marked' BTC, almost all except Monero as well. Monero is a very good privacy coin, it mixes with the Monero block chain periodically. It is however 4 years old and did exactly fk all in term of price movement until it was chosen by the dnm as the safest alternative crypto.

Like most things of this nature, insiders began hodling March '17 at around $9 a coin. Then in May when wide spread adoption began on the dnm - some choosing it exclusively over bitcoin - It mooned from $29 a coin to $140 a coin in a week and has settled around todays price at $122.

And Verge is a vastly more private coin, it's as private as you can possibly have a crypto at the moment. And it's not just for those looking to buy Persians - Bitcoin profits are big time taxable. And with over $6billion in Bitcoin changing hands every day be damn sure that a lot of folks don't want to pay tax on that...

Verge is only 4/5 months in it's current incarnation - whole new team of developers and that has seen it go from 0.02c a coin to 0.75c a coin. It is without doubt the most private coin and a lot of people are thinking could it hit $1 a coin in 2018?

Here is a video on probably the most secure place to stash yer cash available to mere mortals

These pools charge as much as 3/4.5% of generation to pay for a co-ordinator to switch hashing power much more jumping between different coins on the algorithm.

One L3+ prominer Scrypt coins - www.coinwarz.com/minin... - top coin digibyte $26.44 a day = £20.16

Currently the L3+ is pumping out 300.1 Verge (XVG) a day worth $25.03 /£19..08 (3rd most profitable coin on the list after Digibyte and Gulden )

Nicehash only gives you the figure of the coins the machines were desined to mine, however proactive pool's, even coins www.coinwarz.com/minin... $33.13 a day x2 = $66.26 = £50.52

£70.68 - 3% = £68.56

1 x L3+ mining verge in a verge pool £19.08 - 0.25% = £19.05

Gross daily income from 4 miners = £87.61

Assuming price and difficulty remain the same which they generally do, one compensating for the other. Only major water shed moment occurs when the block size halves. or massively advanced hardware lands into the market – however the 16 nanometer chip size is going to be hard to beat a An that's not scheduled for over 900 days on bitcoin

4 machines pumping out at today's optimum settings a gross £32k P/A

2 S9 and L3+ due any day now, might even have arrived as a call home said there are parcels for me, unlikely though as I'm going to get skull fucked over import tarrifs

1st 1600w PSU
oi64.tinypic.com/2nvsc...
oi66.tinypic.com/s2ze4...
oi63.tinypic.com/ohu5q...

This next comment is for people who actually understand what I'm talking about.
If you don't have a clue what I'm proposing and still decide to troll, that's pretty lazy and weak trolling

But as you might imagine these 4 miners + tariffs + PSU's and shipping. Plus I absolutley emptied myself buying like a beast during aliexpress's 11.11 sale - got some fantastic bargains. Currently the shop only has 46 listings. Once this stuff arrives should be around 80 lines for sale. I'm already going pretty steady with around 10 parcels a day but inoder to pay for the miners I did have to dig deep into the plastic. On eBay your talking £12k of kit.

Many of you may have heard of cloud mining contracts - genesis mining, hashfare, there's a number of them and they are all pretty much a stroke.

I want to offer a different cloud mining contract. Something that's fair, works for both parties. Allows people to invest relatively small sums, £40 minimum tho. Where I lease out hashing power for a specfic length of time.

No long contracts - I'd imagine a typical lease could be I want 6T/H for 1 week for X amount of money - The reason for going for 6.75T/H for a week rather 13.5T/H for 3.5 days is you will be much more likely to be recompensed a predictable amount. Flip side is take 13.5T/H for 24hr and the pool could hit 2 BTC blocks in that day - big money reward.

When you look at Nicehash's estimated amounts they are the aggregate for 10,000's of machines. A pool typical consists of less than 500 machines and there is an element of luck involved.

Although I would feel obligated to state a minimum amount of coin for a specific contract.

Buying hashing power direct saves you a substaintial saving from buying from localbitcoins - and all the hassle that entails.

It saves me having to sell through local bitcoins, being tied to the computer until a customer comes along. Hoping they are not completely clueless

You can become involved in crypto at a rate your comfortable with. Should you see a project you believe in this is a very measured approach towards investing.

For me I have £750 cash advance on a credit card with an APR that would make your eyes water. I want another 2 miners but everthing is on hold until that's taken care off

For you screen shots as requested, though no need to be hassling for them, unless it is a substaintial investment.

For you recieve the coin/s of your choice in the wallet of your choosing

For me, I can donload software that will automate your request.

You will benefit from complete tranparency, the miners will be situated in South Down, not Iceland ot latvia.

Pay only for what you get, maintaince, power, server down time are all my ballache

From it really is about clearing that 750 credtcard cash advance.

No contracts wil be offered untill a video is posted of the miners is working fully opertional

I am under no obligation to accept a contract - Contacts will be very good value for money and geared toward those who would like a stake in crypto but can't be melted with all that's involved in paying for over-priced bitcoins via local bitcoins/coinbase

Pay for what you want and what you use - no life time contracts with commercial cloud ming operations such as genisis mining, hash flare, has nest
- encourage folk to check out the comptition

Been on this forum in it's many guises for over 15 years. I have no intention of shitting on my own dooestep for the sake of few quid when I've dropped the equivilant (if sold untouched on eBay) the cash equvilant of a new car.

Fucking wrecked. Hope the above made sense.

0 |

Lay off the meth lad.

0 |

I think you should lay off the meth lad. I don't know you, have no idea what your beef is and frankly I don't have the remotest inclination to get to know you or begin to care what your beef is. I have been involved discussing this topic for many, many years and if people took my advice 5 or so months ago they would be sitting rather pretty right now.

But the whole concept is so far above your head it's the equivilant of handing you a phonebook and asking you to tell me who your father is.

I have so many things to do, I've pulled an all-nighter because I need to parcel up 17 items , 2 shipping special delivery. I also have 6 or so listings to make and a 120mile round trip to do. Do I troll you? Not so much. Why, because I have a so many more important things to do.

I really have put my money where my mouth is in buying 2 Bitmain S9's and 2 L3+'s.

If your comment is in relation to me offering for a relatively limited time,a very small scale personalised cloud mining service to the many people who would like to own some bitcoin/litecoin - any type of coin at likely the most competitive rate they will find on the internet

As they will be funding the actual generation of newly minted crypto currency rather going through a middle man who adds around at least 10% and in many cases demands you send photographs of yourself holding your passport/driving licence/debit card to some unknown 3rd party.

Shit I really wish this option was available to me!

I dare you, I am throwing down a challenge here C/D, contribute ONE - just one, interesting point regarding this threads topic. Not about me. Not some dire generic condesending meaningless drivel. But an actual intresting comment on this facsinating industry that is growing at a parabolic rate. Can you? Or do you prefer meaningless cheap shots from behind a keyboard?

I am easy target - I've tended not to go with the flow and largely do my own thing - I don't think that's Ever McNever going to change some :-)

1 |

you keep pluggin away m8, you know your shit but as Daireboy says its still a a bit to volatile for me to jump in, that scare with the last currency you where going on a bout could've cost me near a grand if i could've figured out how to get money into the system in time so i've decided to stay out and invest in yokes, people will always need yokes, you know what your getting with yokes :-)

1 |

Got myself a load more coins recently. GHB.

0 |

What cloud service are you using for the mining DB?

0 |

Wow I just wrote over 2000 words in 4 hours regarding ICO's - it's not even close to half finished, but I figured out exactly why China banned them. One reason NEO. Going to finish it after I to all the stuff I'm supposed to do today. I think I'll post it on steem where it might earn a few quid. Havn't decided yet RP, however if buying all the hardware was doubling down, using the revenue to build cuntcoin ICO could be going for the jackpot. And I know, in principal, how to get the platform and secure smart contract built for around $30,000.

Will keep updated when the machines arrive. Should be any day.

0 |

Ignore the haters Doombadger, I think all these posts of yours would make a nice addendum to volume 1 of your 100 page Cv.

2 |

good to see the board crypto crew back in action. Old faithful LTC doing me proud :)

0 |

tbf crude, you gotta hand it to him.. he attacks new ideas like a fucking precision missile, hes definitely got the entrepreneurial spirit & drive more so than probably everyone on this board put toegether.. eventually (i hope) it'll pay off, wish the fuck i had his energy and get and up and go attitude ffs i could be making some serious bank working for myself but i cant be fucked, im happy in my little 9-5 bubble

0 |

you've kids and don't do drugs tbf RJ

I'd say address those two points and DB 2.0 can be achieved. just believe.

0 |

cuntcoin?

0 |

His idea for his own cryotocurrency

0 |

Fair play to him. He is getting into an emerging area and his info shows he's spending a lot of time researching it. Now he's getting practical on the mining side he'll probably learn more than ever.

The one thing I wonder though is how much of the chat is his own analysis on where things are headed or just a copy and paste from some other crypto champion. The idea that he alone has worked out why China banned Bitcoin rings a few bells

0 |

Lol at people taking him seriously. He can't climb a ladder and has a 60 page CV.

1 |