Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

still hodling the majority of my LTC, bought a few bits of tech along the way, regret spending as much but still hoping to gte a deposit for a house outta them one day

0 |

don't have time to get properly into any new coins etc at the mo other wise i'd proabably have the house already

0 |

I might grab some of these if/when they get it going:

Estonia Could Be the First Country in the World to Introduce Its Own Cryptocurrency

futurism.com/estonia-c...

0 |

all sounds like absolute melt

1 |

meltcoins

1 |

Doombadger gone quiet. Must be living it up on the discount windfall.

1 |

It all is a bit of a melt trying to keep up to speed on it. Did anyone buy any Verge (XVG) gone up around 90% in 10 days currently @ 0.003994.

Latest investment is in AI arbitriage company Rialto (XRL) www.rialto.ai currently $0.511

The team are very impressive www.rialto.ai

Looking to take on traditional hedge funds. It's currently paticularly difficult to buy. Only being available on etherdelta.github.io. You have to buy etherum, set up an etherum wallet, then transfer to etherdelta...

Could well blow up as it becomes listed across the exchanges. It's offering something new and valuable. You pays your moneys you take your chance.

Interesting 2 weeks in crypto. $36B has been pulled out of the DOW while Cryptocurrency market cap has increased $42B over the same period. You would think there has to be a correction at some point, IOTA is still cheep tho at $0.857 - they have had a ton of bad news RE wallet problems. But some major collaboration with VW is about to be announced.

Live long and prosper

0 |

The fact money is moving out of the Dow Jones has what exactly to do with cryptos?

0 |

How much have you made in commissions so far?

0 |

I just bought £200 bitcoin on localbitcoins. By the time I wanted to transfer it to an exchange it was worth £191. Is there any way to avoid this? Rates are always slightly worse on localbitcoins?

0 |

Not really 6277, its the same as how you never get the xe.com rate on the high street. I might be looking to sell some at some point. No immediate plans though. Exciting times for Verge (XVG) holder as it moons from $0.002244 to $0.005041 in 10 days.

$0 from referals C/D, how much have you made from the benefit of scores of hours of my research and 2 suggestions that combined have gone up in the region of 270%? You have a third tip there, don't miss the boat (an always use the refferal code plzthxbi)

RP, a lot of people are suggesting that institutional investors are pulling capital out of the stock market and moving to crypto's. I dunno if that's true. But $36b, likely leveraged around 1:100, is a lot to pull out of the DOW in 2 weeks

0 |

lol yeah it is likely all the money invested in the stock market is leveraged 1:100.

0 |

Bought some verge off bittex and have some iota also. It hasnt looked likely to go above $1 in the last week

0 |

Good move 62 - Verge has truely mooned over night - sitting at $0.006156

It's probably leveraged even more you numbskull. See if you hadn't been such an obnoxious hater you too could of experienced MASSIVE GAINS - 2 picks up approx 380%. When can I book you for a rim job C/D? For my Lambo.

0 |

Massive £0 discount referral code gains to be had guyz, it's like the great American gold rush

0 |

Chinese Central Bank declared initial coin offerings to be illegal...

0 |

Whoopercoins being sold by burger King,

0 |

medium.com/@amuse/how-...

0 |

Amazing how they use your writing to create a stylistic fingerprint to track you with.

0 |

itcoin.com/storj-not-a...

Storj coins. Interesting twist on using these platforms for alternative ends

0 |

Remember front left capital management haha

1 |

lol

0 |

This time next year takki well be millionaires!

0 |

I'm already a millionaire off my Litecoins lads.

0 |

You were always my favourite Takki <3

0 |

Banking on Bitcoin new doc on Netflix.

Good overview of the tech and the history of its entrepreneurs.

The takedown of the bitinstant founder and the move to regulation is very interesting. Shows you just who holds the keys to the kingdom on this stuff

0 |

Lads/ladettes - get out of IOTA if you bought any. It's a scam, it's a funny story how some of us have found out. But if someone walks into a bar with a talking goose - check it's arse twice for a tape recorder. Someone will do somthing amazing with DAG (directed acyclic graph) tech, but I'm virtually certain it won't be these lads. I have some good quotes from them on the slack channel, but the tide of public sentiment is about to turn hard on these greaseballs

0 |

Don't forget to cash in the vouchers m8

0 |

See batches of all of this shit is for sale on DNM!

Free lives with AAA rating credit in America anyone?

0 |

Dodgy
www.fastcompany.com/40...

0 |

Are you gonna return the referral money you made off people too?

1 |

You didnt hodl for long.

0 |

Link to IOTA scam info? I didn't buy any, but just interested to see how this has panned out/happened.

0 |

This is essentially the same answer I gave RP in a DM,

You • 1 hour, 57 minutes ago

If your intrested this is the crux www.reddit.com/r/Iota/...
profilephotos/Aug_2_2014_105535_pm.jpeg.80x80_q85_autocrop_crop-smart.jpg

Ahh I've just seen behaviour I don't like. The tech can be great but if the people running it turn out to be shit birds it makes no difference. They sent the Alogrythm to MIT for whatever reason - MIT turned around and said - this has a massive error in it allowing double spends and the security is pish. Now instead of taking it on the chin and saying 'Oh it's a new protocol etc, thanks, were still working on it'

One of the core development team says 'yeah I know, I put that there, but it was only to stop others copying the coin' which when faced with wtf are you doing releasing code as open source - and offering a $10,000,000 eco system fund to get businesses to shift over to IOTA - he goes oh I put it in as a troll, all publicity is good publicity........

To fucking dodgy if you ask me - your either open source or your not - you can either do what you say or you can't - your either planning a massive stroke or you're not.

Price is still around $0.50, I got into some arguments last night, sold the lot at 0.56. Some crowd will pick up this technology and do it right. But I just lost faith in that sneaky Russian 'Come from Beyond' he can 'Away and Fuck aff' - especially as he put a backdoor hack into the last coin he created (NXT)

I have learned a lot this month about the whole scene. All the money is in privacy coins. The lightbulb moment for me was when this was all developing in their Slack channel and the hardcore fans were not even allowing anyone to challenge the narrative and they were being all sexist and derogatory about the head of cryptographic money at MIT - and just seen a bunch of spa's who believe throwing money at a computer program is, in and of itself, going to cause a 'revolution' yet, I was in the middle of lowest denominator foruming.

So yea made a small loss actually after buying those domains and have left the episode a little more cynical. But I do think it's a space that will be filled soon by a bunch of folk with integrity and a bit of wit.

Since then I've dug up more shit on this guy Come from Beyond, including this fucked video he made -

Basically the altcoin market pretty sketchy, If your not a hardcore block chain coder, you will have to take certain things on trust. And trustcoin just bombed after it's ICO. It would take far to long to go into everything I've found out about IOTA and this space in general but some are genuinely good investments - Verge has risen 350% and at least I was following shit and could still get out of the market above what bought in for. But my cynasism is +500 points.

I didn't make any money of refferals C/D!

0 |

Literally published 40 mins ago - watch IOTA crash.. acked.com/iota-update-...

0 |

Pity. Was looking forward to polishing your "Lambo" lol.

1 |

Imagine our very own Warren Buffett getting rinsed in a money making deal. i am SHOCKED.

2 |

Litecoin is where it's at.

0 |

Im down a it on Iota,and up a fair bit with Verge. Is it fucked too? There appears to be more to the story, is it really a scam? It seemed to go up a bit after trading was suspended on Bitfinex

0 |

0 |

phewww, i had gone to all the bother of setting up accounts etc and simply couldnt be arsed going through the further hoops needed to get money into the system, seems like i save myself a few hundred quid

0 |

I'd say DB had a fair bit of coin in so certainly hard to keep his money in given the fall out.

But it's not a game ender just yet. As far as I read it, the vulnerability they identified is not in the current version of the code, and so the red flag is rather than it indicates the amateur nature of their coding skills for this stuff.

I had planned just to keep the small amount in for now and let it run. My mate who owns the wallet is doing the same (unless he is scamming me and has actually done a runner with my ££) :-(

0 |

China Is Said to Ban Bitcoin Exchanges While Allowing OTC

www.bloomberg.com/news...

0 |

I see iota shot up 25% today. Poor db missing out on those gainz.

0 |

www.bloomberg.com/news...

0 |

Yep. While his own company is all over the tech it's built on.

Smells fishy coming out with that

0 |

Did you read the article?

Dimon differentiated between the bitcoin currency and the underlying blockchain technology, which he said can be useful.

0 |

TLDR on that one. Missed that bit.

0 |

The documentary I watched the other night leaned heavily on the idea that Bitcoin is not welcome on wall street.

0 |

I dont agree that it's not welcome on Wall St. There is already a bitcoin ETF and CME are going to start listing futures on it. So long as they can trade it, Wall St will embrace it. The issue will always be from Washington and governments given the tax implications

0 |