Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

I'm a big fan of Steeerooked

0 |

They're great reads. The mucksavages one is also amazing.

0 |

My plan is the plan of a simple mind who cannot grasp the entirety of the Blockchain or tangle philosophy nor the extent of its uses but I know enough and am interested enough to invest a little bit of my money in the half decent chance that my investment will increase enough to say buy me a car or get something done to the house at some stage. I dont believe it will make me rich but thats grand enough by me.
I already have a couple of btc that i am currently extracting the bch from, i will invest the bch into iota and move them of bitfinex into my wallet and see what happens with the price over the coming year/s. I might even keep the bch and just "buy" 1000 iota and see how they all fare. Diversification bitch!

1 |

I supported Takki in the past although it turned out to be a massive troll/flame where he was playin the victim. I dont want to play into his hand again, although I do agree with him on DM is doin us a good turn here.

0 |

DB, with regard the iota would you recommend leaving it in bitfinex and if so can you explain the theory behind your method? my btc and bch are def not getting kept on there and will just gather dust in my wallet with the hope they keep growing. Im not so sure on the iota as it made another 10% since yesterday and waiting for the bch blockchain has lost me time and appreciation already.

0 |

Make sure you buy 1000 MIOTA (million IOTA) and not 1000 IOTA

0 |

Yeah thanks I saw that, i don't think it lets you buy 1000 iota though thankfully. Im just not entirely sure what i am meant to do with the exchange/margin/funding if i am just buying and sitting on it rather than actively playing the margins and spending time on it.

0 |

Bitfinex isn't accepting dollar transfers ffs. Don't really want to use my btc.

0 |

To be fair to DB, he isn't talking mad dogs here. I bought into Litecoins a good while back after ferg brought it up on here. He helped me through the initial steps, just as DB is doing at the moment. It's a melt to get started, but once you've got some money added into 'the system', it's a lot easier to move it about and exchange it etc. The hardest part is getting set up at the start.

I bought £75 worth. A while after buying them they had increased enough that I used some of them to buy a midi keyboard at about £90. Since then I haven't touched what I had left. They're now worth about £630.

There's def money to be made in cryptocurrencies, but it's like any investment. It's not guaranteed. I might exchange a few Litecoins to IOTA, just to see how things go. Nothing to lose.

0 |

Yeah so I now have iotas in my bitfinex wallet. No open trades. Should I transfer these to another wallet outside Bitfinex? I do not currently have another external wallet set up.

0 |

Sorry folks, I'll be back to asnwer any of your questions after dinner, I dicked about a while lot yesterday and am flat out the day. IOTA currently pumping HARD at $0.978 - get on it, get your granny on it, STAY on it!

0 |

Can you transfer £ directly into Bitfinex? I might put morein every month, but its a hassle transferring to localbitcoincs to get bitcoins. As I new, they were giving me a shit rate I think.

0 |

Cheers for the kind, if rather unsettling words. I can cod you's no longer, it's all about the referral codes, it's always been about the Lambo's, trophy wives and above all - the referal codes. This forum isn't refered as cyber Wall Street with out good reason.

Damn I have been busy today - do you see the price? You'd need a fucking telescope to see it from here lads - she sailed past the $1 cap as if it was, something that is easy to sail past. I'm tired. But at $1.02 now - absolutely no reason why it should lose momentum.

I was only joking you lads/ladies about the Lambo's, Platinum blondes and those juicey, juicey refferal codes. Well sort of.

No this IOTA craic is the most intresting peice of technology I've come across in an age man. The more you look into it, the more you see just how absolutely revolutionary it could be and how almost all aspects of life could be effected by it. I can see it being a cataylst for a universal basic income. No amount of climate change accords, austerity programmes, protectionist, populist agenda can even begin to compare to roll out of this technology.

I was out with the dog this evening an I was half contemplating tieing up a few loose ends, packing a bag an flying to Berlin to kick it with Dominic, David and 'Come from Beyond' - drop a few barns, get our own wee tangle going - maybe in Tresor and somewhere in between lines of 84% polish speed of doorless toilets, it would all click - they had the number game locked down tight but then I verbalise.

Contextualise, elucidate and emancipate through common tounge the gravity of the paradigm as equal to a mega tsunami never seen before sweeps rampant through every industry. No quarter, no ambuscade for the actors heavily divested in the rigged game.

laggards ground so deep in the mud their follisised ignorance won't begin to meeky protrude for millenia. But for those who act. Those with courage. Well they can take up their various boards, and propelled by the old gods surf, surf faster and further into a future until the line between man and deity began to blur.

Then the Adderal began to where off.

But not until I remembered the Chinese going mad snapping up all the web addresses associated with bitcoin cash.
So after much consideration I decided to do the same. It's not going to be the currency that makes money it will be the applications. So this evening I bought the following address's for 3 years from Ghandi.ne

iotamove.com
iotamove.space
iotawebmd.com
iotapv.com
iotapv.solutions
iotasmartgrid.com
iotasmartgrid.solutions
iotagram.com
iotauntangled.com
iotakismet.com

I have a soild 34/5 hours tomorrow where I will be figuring out the wallet situation. I also want to get talking to one of these proffessors at Imperial College, Berkley, NVNQ real telephone contact with a department decicated to actual research on the platform. I'm also going to make contact with the internet of things alliance that IOTA has proportedly co-founded. Maybe even try to call up the developers - fuck it, whats the worst can happen. I need to understand the nature of this ASIC that 'snapshot's 2048bytes, time stamps them and encrypts them - yet is cheap enough, small enough - in both weight and power consumtion for mass adoption across billions of decives? Sounds a bit golden goose. But hey if it all turns out to be a steaming pile of nerd. I made some bank and learn't a little.

Also any questions about bitfinex there's tons of info on the IOTA slack forum - but from what I have gathered, which has not been much as been flat out - some partnership with Volkswagen is about to be announced and hinting at new adoption by other exchanges.

Much love - and rem to use my referal code thx bai

0 |

Hi Takki, if your interested, your a really good graphic designer. I remember seeing your work some time ago. I you fancy building on one, or more, of those sites I can provide a steady supply of current copy. It's a 2 month old $3B industry, with an eco system fund of $10m - those are some prime addresses for transport, health, renewable smart grids, encrypted message/picture feature (a never to be openly discussed dark web utility). No way I could do it on my own, split it 50/50 or get 3 or 4 in and split it equal. Nothing ventured.

0 |

Actually if people are intrested I am going to be spending most of the afternoon setting up IOTA wallets. So if you don't have a clue, you can paypal me cash - I can take a trip to the bank and I set people up with a 50/ a few hundred / a grand worth of IOTA. Firstly on bitfinex (I won't be able to use my own referal code) but ideally move anyone intrested over to an IOTA wallet. I will charge £4.50 for lunch between everyone for this - if I remember.

I honestly think it's far to good an investment to miss (that has the potential to go completely tits up in fairness).

It's currently trading at $1.05 - every $0.01 I personally make £34. If anyone thinks I would rob them for a few hundred, I won't, been on here over 10 years and am not going to be be labelled a theif in Northern Ireland for less than £775,000. Everyone has their price. Right now, that's mine.

As an olive branch I extend this offer to s2, TJ and CD - this is a one time offer, don't think I like you. I don't. And in the intrests of full disclousre you % change of 'something fucking up' is approximately 35% greater than average (only joking, I wouldn't want to risk Shane shanking me in a McDonalds some day).

What I really am intrested in is developing the domain names - a limited company can be set up for £25 quid and in my imagination (there'd be no complication..) but I would seek info from one of the etherum slack community to design a smart contract where everyone involved recieved remitance, and percentage of the company, based entirely on the amount of hours they spent working on the sites. When writing copy I can spend an hour on a couple of sentances - not usually, normally I'm fairly quick at banging out the type - but it would be proffesional standard. I could easily imagine Takki spending an hour on a hue, RP and Pavlov combing dissertations, PJ providing opinion, SS stiring the pot with his own brand of treacle, Muska music and new media, RJ and Hollywood bringing it right back reality. Mohammed with a bit of travel, get Claire and a couple of other females involved so it's not a sausage factory- whatever, point is everyones time is equal and revenue distributed proportionally.

It's what smart contracts are designed to facilitate.

These IOTA based domains have the potential to make a shit ton of money - even could act as IOTA exchanges - Even the possiblity of launching a Belfast coin ICO, which you might think it crazy, but could easily be coded of exiting blockchains offer genuine benefits to retailers and consumers and raise £1/2million.

It's a pipe dream until 10+ people spend 30hrs each.

0 |

Dear customer,

This is an automatic message to confirm the registration of the following domain(s) you have just registered at Gandi:

iotamove.com (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotamove.space (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotamove.solutions (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotawebmd.com (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotapv.solutions (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotapv.com (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotasmartgrid.com (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotasmartgrid.solutions (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotagram.com (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotauntangled.com (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)
iotakismet.com (www.gandi.net/whois/de...)

The domain was successfully created, though it may only be fully functional after a standard DNS propagation delay of several hours.

If your order contains other domains not listed here, you will see them in another email shortly, as their creation proceeds.

In any event, you can go to your Orders in Progress page to verify the state of your order (or cancel duplicate orders):

www.gandi.net/admin/order

If you're using Gandi's nameservers, you can add web forwarding entries or modify the domain's zone file to point it at your website from the domain's control panel:

www.gandi.net/admin/do...

You can also edit the domain's contacts, nameservers, and GandiMail settings at the link above.

Need help getting started? We have tutorials for setting up your domain with various services on our wiki:

wiki.gandi.net/en/doma...

Did you know? When you create a domain name at Gandi, you get free stuff and discounts!
These include a standard Gandi SSL certificate for one year, and, if this is your first domain purchase at Gandi, a promo code good for 50% off the purchase or renewal of a Simple Hosting instance for one year.

See your promo codes here:
www.gandi.net/admin/bi...

0 |

Just added another one for the airbnb market - iotastay.com - theres near £450's worth of domains here, with email, SSL shopping all that. No way are they sitting on the shelf. It would be great to have a local community of contributors - because there is very real money in issuing your own Alt coin (and why Belfast - make it an Ireland coin, fuck the taxman- ICO's are raising twice as much as venture capitalists, kick starter combined.

I really hope a few other people see the merit in this. If not i'm sure the IOTA slack community will be all over it.
PEACE!

0 |

the internet of things: aws.amazon.com/iot/?nc...

0 |

Is the best way to set up an iota wallet to transfer through localbitcoins for bitcoin, then transfer to bitfinex? Thats what I did. Where do you get the best rates?

0 |

Dont think that was me , doombadger. I'm not really into graphic design. May have done the odd photeshap just.

0 |

is this right, through localbitcoins i can buy 0.02670291 bitcoin for £100 through paypal? somit doesnt seem right to me

0 |

I'd buy some if someone would make 3 simple bullet to do's with links as no doubt I'd end up getting stroked by some shit pretender website

0 |

Sounds about right RJ. I reckon that £100, gets you £90.88 worth of btc.

Nice wee scheme they have going...

0 |

Jut PM'd you RJ - differenent payment methods different prices, largely accounting for fraud. If you hve a wach list for the right people local btc can be extremely competitive - wire/SEPA transfers to excanges cost you at both ends and you generally have an unfavourable exchange rates to deal with. Also to fly under the radar there is a hell of a lot to be said for straight cash over the counter, no paper trail.

0 |

not so worried about the anonymity aspect DB and not to worried about losing a ton more worried about fucking it up due to the initial over complication of it all

0 |

Sounds not far off, RJ. Exchanges obvs take a bit for the conversion service.

0 |

Haven't had the time recently to get into this can anyone just bullet point what you need to do to get Iota or any other crypto currency.

After missing on bitcoin and litecoin this would be a pint of a couple of hundred quid. It does slightly over state the importance or prevalence of IOT though. From a consumer point of view, there's still a way to go, if at all that people will adopt IOT for day to day life let along payment.

0 |

I'm saying this as a developer who's worked on a couple of IOT projects. So you know, I'm biased.

0 |

I take it the only way to get IOTA is through bitcoin exchange on Bitfinex?
What is te cheapest way for me to exchange UK Sterling for Bitcoins?

0 |

Just found my new favourite cryptocoin. Buy! Buy! Buy! I have a referral code if anyone wants to give me 10%.
www.titcoins.biz

0 |

3 days into downloading the fucking blockchain to extract my bitcoin cash from my bitcoin, melt but def worth it for the essentially free $300. DB How can i transfer fiat £ or $ into my bitfinex wallet? Its being a cunt.

0 |

Supp Harry, the good news is that Bitfinex, the only exchange that lists IOTA actually accepts Bitcoin cash directly, so no need to to much arsing about - IOTA is traded against USD, BTC and ETH - so I'd do a staight eschange to USD. Be cool if you used my code, it does genuinely save you 10% of exchange fees compared to not using it - www.bitfinex.com/?refc...

0 |

m.quickmeme.com/img/8e...

2 |

Also for anyone who wants a really straight forward way to get some IOTA - sign up on this link www.bitfinex.com/?refc...

Tell me how much bitcoin you want (only have $6400 worth) and I'll give you the straight rate on xe.com, better than bitfinex and you don't have to pay transaction fees to load your account. Just tell me how much, do a conversion on XE.com and send payment (friends and family) to my paypal address, which is lightshow@mail.comtarget="_blank">lightshow@mail.com>

After that its a simple trade to IOTA, I can help if you need.

0 |

I would 100% use your code but i already had an account from a year or so back. Might open another if i have the time though.

0 |

If it's empty open another mate, they won't have a clue - but really were talking about saving/earning the price of cup of starbucks so no great shakes. Good to see you on the IOTA train :)

0 |

When i do manage to get some money into an account do i buy iota exchange/margin/funding?

0 |

exchange - wouldn't touch the other 2

0 |

Does anybody have any comments positive or negative about the £400+ I spent on domain names last night? If a developer seen potential here I fully recognise that without a designers help it's just stranded capital.

I can produce lot's (and lot's) of salient copy quickly - just to give a breif synopsis

iotamove.com - a play for the driverless car market or at least the implimentation of cars with wallets to pay for EV charging, tolls, parking.

The Washington Post reckons the drivrless car market will be worth $87billion by 2030 and Forbes guesses it will be $7 trillion by 2050. One of the most intresting thing I've read is the exent Bosch is invested with Diamler and Mercedes in driverless cars. The Bosch IOTA partner is the most frequently touted strategic alliance.

I'm not convinced, I drive a 1999 1.5i Honda Civic and it's great to drive. Nearly bought a Lexus 220d but it just lacked that tactile engagment the Civic provides, esp dropping to 3rd and the VETC kicking in through 7,000rpm.

iotamove.space - driverless cars won't roam the streets like headless chickens. They will need co-ordination to some extent

iotawebmd.com - webmd.com is worth $592,000,000 and according to Alexa is the 510th most visited website. An aging population, efficencies in remote diagnositics - if the site was 1/1000th the size - the IoT equipment sales early detection of Chest, Heart and Stroke conditions, it would ibe unreal and inevitably save a few lives

iotapv.com - I've described situations where the inefficencies in energy efficencie are laudable - never mind cash for ash - if you produce more juice than you need in a day the excess gets sold to NIE at wholesale Killroot power station prices od arounf 5.8p per kWh, and because electricity takes the path of least resistance, it will cover a few feet, get 'repackaged' and sold to your neighbour for around 18per kWh. A 17th edition spark could run a 30/50Amp guage wire between 2 neighbours junction boxes in around 4/5hours for £200 and the IOTA ledger would reconcile itself without the obscene price gouging

iotastay.com - a rival to Airbnb's platorm except the accomodation is fully internet enabled and configured to fthe guests specifications - Airbnb is a $30billion company in a few years - iotastays other major source of revenue could come from implimentation of the most advance VR expeiences acheiveable - The tangle could compenstate and dedicate an entire office blocks unsed processing power to create experiences we can even imagine - augmented and VR experiences are forcast to be a $162b industry buy 2020 according to the business insider

iotapv.solutions - Variations on the same theme, possibly more technical, incoroporating water heating and EV charging

iotasmartgrid.com - could write the longest about this as this has so so much potential is unreal - estate of 80 homes, or Barrett/Oakley/Wimpey say FU wasteful centralised grid - each tenant or landlord becomes a stake holder in their own means and modes of supply and inevitable storage - intergrated, high frequency GUI ledger democratizes the actual cost releases the big 6's cartel like strangle hold that is leaving 2.3million UK families trapped in fuel poverty where its a choice between heat or food

iotasmartgrid.solutions - again could write so much more on this, however like iotapv.solutions I would imagine the machinery and scope for IOTA integration to lean much more towards SMB's and even coal and gas plant's, as they become more efficient so profit increases

iotagram.com - secure, encrypted and authenticated free private messaging service that according to David Sonero surpasses NSA encryption standards - It's going to have to be pretty secure if we are relying on it to driver our cars.. and even should the Directed Acyclic Graph be sucessfully hacked, each node only contains 2048bytes - would rely the breach of protocol to its neighbours and re-route information away from the intrusion.

iotauntangled.com - A essential landing page that would address the fundamental differences between a binary and ternary world. Information on how it was first invented in the 1950's by the Russian Saturn space program to determine states of gravity - exertion, inertion, status - or 1 0 2 - how the somehow mothballed technology has really rose to the for with the advent of quantum computing and it's natural affinity for occupying 2 nodes at once.
Lot's of graphics, videos. fun shit.

iotakismet.com I don't know about this, I just liked the name and I feel that any technology that proclaims to have such ramifications is perhaps devine - the holy trinity of the quantum tangle.

God I'm so glad I got diagnoised with ADHD now rather than later - in 2 months this company IOTA has exploded from $500,000 to $3,000,000,000 - has any company grown that fast that quick? No body can deal with this.
I am a pretty average Joe, yet I think I has the sense to pony up the £400 odd quid to secure those domains. Almost everyone of them has the potential to a Billion dollar company - and that was just a thinikng at night. I really have been kind of out of sorts since comprehending this.

I don't think the IOTA ptotocol will absolutely go into orbit - I can forsee a 100-200x increase in the next few years, but the real revolution will take place on the ground, in no matter what industry your in. However this is just another missed penalty kick unless I - we, whoever can pool resources to lift one or 2, 3 of these projects into the tangable - If i can't find someone to share this ambition or if a few people find their ambition stifled - fuck it pay for code, head to Berlin an get a meet and greet with these guys - they may have a $3b non profit foundation buy they are not inaccessible - they gave a lecture last week in their home city and it was only half capacity.

They eat frozen pizza and play call of duty (well Domic was world number 1 at COD)

Just look at his body language - he's not even part of this world any more next level confidence.

Need a developer - I can supply copy.

www.youtube.com/result...

0 |

0 |

Slight snag in extracting bch. my wanky electron wallet isnt accepting my password to export the addresses, If i restore from seed or move to a new wallet can i still extract the bch ok?

0 |

Well that didn't go well...

0 |

The latest drop? I thinks it's about where it's at in a good 6 months. That is what you are betting on, increasing demand over that time frame. Any peaks and troughs in the short term just come with the territory.

If short term wins is more you're game you must have a fair bit of $$$ in

0 |

Not too concerned. Thinking of pumping more in after pay day.

0 |

I havent bought the iota yet, My btc wallet shit its pants and had to move my coins to another wallet which fucked my extraction of the bch. Utter pain in the dick after 3 days downloading the entire blockchain.

0 |

What wallet do you guys recommend?

0 |

A nice leather one

0 |

So you need to dload the 100gb + block chain to buy/sell bitcoins and therefore iota? Am i gettin this right?

0 |

Hp69 - you def struck lucky not cashing in your BCH 3 days ago. Korea have gone made for the Bitcoin cash, pumping its price from $300 to near $800 - the rush of $13billion in a few hours hammered most cryptos. But now everything is pretty much back to normal, IOTA at 0.98c, market cap higest ever at $145.63b

I snagged a bargain this morning -

www.aliexpress.com/ite...

450m/s on X11

Even if I didn't switch it on I could flip it for £2500 on eBay

should generate $5-6 dollars a day assuming prices stay the same (they won't) and difficulty remain the same (it won't - but you can always generate new 'shitcoins' on the x11 script and trade for decent.

If anyone had a bit of extra dough sloshing around - I might know a boy who knows a boy who knows a phenomenally well trained Ocelot who can procur vastly reduced electricity

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bit...

Cost around £23 a day to run that legit. Making it unfeasable. but forgetting electric costs it makes $347 a month. Probably only worth it if you were cultivating a few exotics as well. The heat generated and the fans would likely improve the grow

Which led me discover another interesting coin, verge or XVG, according to people who take these things seriously btc is the 'possibly' the main reason for all the recent dark web busts - apparently having every single transaction on the blockchain verifiable was grand in 2009 but that shit doesn't fly in 2017.

So most accept BTC and Monero - Monero went from $2 to currently over $50 when adopted by dnm in July - However a number of unsavory types said that a new coin - Verge or (XVG) only released on the 4th of June with a 'black paper' - those jokers

vergecurrency.com/asse...

But being so new and being so hella cheap - $0.002244 - If this did become adopted, there are massive, ethically dubious profits to be gained.

0 |

Must read up about Verge. Can you trade it on bitfinex?

0 |