Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

Arise chickun

0 |

Interesting times in crypoworld. LTC has topped $20 on some exganges, BTC has topped 1400

0 |

there is the way to get rid off the wallet-virus myspybot.com/wallet-fi...

0 |

and i remember aul DB mentioning these back on the shine forum.. wish i had bought £20 worth back then

0 |

Bitcoin down 21% since Thursday, the volatility of that thing is insane. Reminds me of - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

0 |

Hardly surprising given that it's money that grows in a computer. Pfft

0 |

Why would any business want to accept this as payment? You take payment for something and a few days later your profit could be gone.

0 |

becuase they are a cia front, tracking your drug use

0 |

Could also have increased, clean. Which, in the medium to long run, it most likely will. I've made plenty on the aul Litecoins, even through their up and down patches.

0 |

Blockchain is growing in adoption in mainstream financial institutions. Most are using or investigating applications.

0 |

My company bought a Blockchain start up recently enough. You're right. The big banks are all over it and see it as a huge opportunity to reduce transactional costs. Haven't seen it implemented beyond proof of concept levels though.

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt • 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
Could also have increased, clean. Which, in the medium to long run, it most likely will.

It's not in the interest for any business (unless its a bitcoin trading co.) to be running that cross currency risk though. If they do, they have to charge for that risk and so will ultimately be to the detriment of the consumer (who cross a bid/offer spread to buy the coins in the first place and then pay to cover the retailers basis risk to purchase with it).

What is your assertion that they will increase in the medium to long run based on takki?

0 |

Any new currency over history has been volatile in its early years Dairebhoy. It really takes a big underwriter for it to become stable. Being able to pay taxes in a particular currency probably being the biggest anchor you could apply (the social element of money).

0 |

But the whole concept of bitcoin is to avoid taxation...

1 |

Not that I see that happening anytime soon. I always have thought we will get digital currency eventually but it'll be a central bank version

0 |

It is good to have a public body, partially independent from political interference manageing the money supply

0 |

The concept of bitcoin is to avoid taxation yeah but the technology itself doesn't​ disallow that. It can be redesigned. Like I say a central bank version is more likely.

0 |

The Blockchain guys I have spoke to at work are not in any way focused on the political and social impact of the technology in the same way the libertarians would be for example. They want to embed the technology in the existing structures to reduce costs naturally enough.

0 |

RP.com • 29 minutes ago
The concept of bitcoin is to avoid taxation yeah but the technology itself doesn't​ disallow that. It can be redesigned. Like I say a central bank version is more likely.

Totally agree, in which case Bitcoin or Litecoin or whatever as a currency are pretty worthless. 1 bitcoin is currently worth more than a MT of aluminium, an ounce of gold, 50 barrels of oil, 600 bushels of corn, etc whereas its the technology that holds the value, not the currency

0 |

Not an assertion dairebhoy, just going from past trends and the fact the currency is finite and the coin creation gets harder the more coins are created, which will most likely increase the prices as the currency becomes harder to create.

0 |

If blockchain technology does get used by mainstream banks etc, the original crypto currencies will probably stay about, and possibly get a good boost from people wanting to have assets in those currencies which the big banks and governments wont be able to tax/control.

I could see it going the same way as media distribution has gone since the internet has taken off. For ages, tech like Bit Torrents, Usenet and streaming was only used by the more tech savvy people, and it was uncontrolled and big companies hadn't managed to make use of it. Then the streaming services (Spotify, Netflix, etc) came about and that's when the vast majority of regular users got involved, and the profits were made, taxes collected (sometimes), etc. But there are still PLENTY of people still using torrents, usenet, 'illegal' streaming sites, etc. I could see crypto-currencies being similar.

0 |

That assumes the real demand outgrows the supply and is not just spec money inflating the price. Since Jun-16, bitcoin transactions have increased by only 72% while the price has increased 335%

0 |

Yeah, it's all assumptions tbh and it's a fairly odd setup. I wouldn't be suggesting anyone fires down their life savings or anything. They're still pretty volatile in the short term at the minute and have a future which is probably even harder to predict than all the other high risk financial endeavours you could get into, but the potential return/rewards could be better than most other financial investments and options, if all goes well. I think I'm on about a 3-400% return on my initial investment and have already bought something (using Litecoins) worth my original investment amount, so anything at all now is a profit.

Heard recently that Ferg off here got himself a new, gold plated Range Rover Sport off his crypto-currency profits.

0 |

As analysts predict Bitcoin’s price anywhere from $1,470 to $6,000 in days, Business Insider CEO told CNBC the virtual currency “has no intrinsic value.”

“Bitcoin is the perfect asset for a speculative bubble,” Henry Blodget told hosts on the channel’s Squawk Alley Thursday.

“There’s a finite supply, there’s no intrinsic value; [...] if anybody is persuading you that it should somehow be linked to GDP or gold, put down the Kool-Aid and back away.”

0 |

Bitcoin traded 2999.975 today and then collapsed 500 bucks

0 |

Something big must be in the mix with that kind of madness going on

0 |

CIA must be about to take out Max Keiser at last.

0 |

Litecoin still holding on to most of it's gains, though I'd expect a correction soon.

0 |

am i reading this correctly but a single bitcoin traded at $3000 before dropping $500!??! jesus some of you bai's that bought into this thing years ago must be sitting on some stack, fuck me id be trading out

0 |

anychance of a wee sub of a few hundred thousand.. sure youse are good for it..

0 |

anybody who has held there nerve for that long RJ has some serious balls.

0 |

Dennis Rodman's N Korea trip sponsored by PotCoin. lol money.cnn.com/2017/06/...

0 |

Bump

0 |

I wonder will the FBI get all of alpha bays coins now Alexander cazes Was found hung in the Thai jail, if they can crack the servers as no seizure message on the website at present, just market unavailable, over 600k per day in trades, an estimated 12 million in bit coins held by the site I think I read

0 |

www.bloomberg.com/news...

0 |

Think they released the bitcoin worth seized from Alpha was around 8 mil and from Hansa around 3/4 but that will be increasing with the price of btc rallying with the optimism of segwit being adopted it seems. Wish I hadn't pished most of my btc away now lol.

0 |

Anyone heard of das coin? Guy I work with has been raving on about it for a few months now. Some guy he knows "who knows about bitcoins etc" told him to invest 'cause they will be bigger than bitcoins, as the time it takes to do a transaction is 6 seconds compared to bitcoins that can take hours. So he Invested 2ks worth. Now he's thinking about investing more. He's convinced he's going to be a multi millionaire because they will I flat just like bitcoins did.

I can't help but feel that the guy has been duped. Can't see past his own nose so to speak? I don't follow coins much, but I know there are loads of different types that are supposed to be the next big thing, and just end up being just another coin...
So, das coins?

0 |

inflate*

0 |

There over 900 cryptocurrencies. The odds of you picking a good one to invest in is slim.

0 |

BTC at $3350. Hope everyone has made a good few grand! Doombadgers super tip for 2017 - Double down HARD on IOTA - only a couple of months old. Billed as the back bone of the IoT, blockchain 2.0 - the 'tangle' not really a blockchain. Total scalability, fully decentralized, no transaction fees. Said to be quantum computing resistent. Facilitates micro payments. Endorsed by Microsoft, Bosch, Innogy, Cisco, Ubuntu - said to be the future of 'machine to machine transactions'. Rapidily heading up list of crypto's (currently 9th with market cap of $1.3b). Iike all these things this is little more than an educated guess. But it could, possibly, be an oppourtunity to get in on the ground floor of a coin many predict will top $2000+ buy 2020 - currently $0.476 a coin. Only available on Bitfinex. No referal codes from me as I am not a shill, I am just sharing my opinon on my latest investment. Good luck!

0 |

legend

0 |

Perhaps if this comes good! Honesty after studying scores of alt coins this one by far and away seems to be the only one offering a true innovation. The whole growth of AI, internet of things and the 'machine economy' sounds just as revolutionary as the internet. Maybe in 50 years it will be the machines offering 'humancoin' and thinking it as worthless as most did about Bitcoin in 08 - heady times. Heres an article in forbes about it - www.forbes.com/sites/r... - when I think of how much all those silk road persians actually cost I get pure sick to the guts.

1 |

Oh dear.

0 |

Also the fact its achieved it's $1.337b market cap despite being only avaliable on 1 of 40 major cryptocurrency exchanges is huge. As it becomes listed on more exchanges that in itself will send it to the moon.

Many BTC/LTC do you have Bronze thumb?

0 |

I don't own any.

I can climb a ladder though.

2 |

Very good, have a cookie.

0 |

the crash is bound to come soon now that doombadger is involved

0 |

Been in since 2010 kid. When btc was $14 and then again when ltc at 80c.

0 |

Not a piss take question.. what kind of coin have you made?

0 |

If you had only put in 1k, you would have 250k so you must be worth close to million now, no?

1 |