Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

pm the 21.5% collapse in the price today, or the 41% collapse in 2015 so far, or the 60& collapse last year, etc etc

0 |

it seems you have it in fot these coins. do you not reckon they will go up in price again then? can you see no future at all for them?

0 |

I don't have it in for them but don't think its wise for people to be 'investing' in a completely unregulated dark market. They could easily go up in price again but there's no transparency, it's too volatile and liquidity is too erratic which makes it highly risky. I don't think Bitcoin in its current state has any viable future as a replacement for fiat or as a viable online payment service because of the lack of visibility but I think it does have a lot of positives that can be drawn from it to develop a future payments system

0 |

just throw a tenner into it and see what happens, thats what we all did. its fun, you should try

0 |

I was involved for a bit. Shorted it through cfds but took my profits and ran due to the volatility

0 |

I need to get some for, personal reasons, wonderin should I get the coinage now or wait a few days. Reckon it's bottomed out lads?

0 |

Anyone's guess. Thing is daire all new currencies go through this kind of volatility in its early inception. People are uncertain of its viability and worried of fraud. So it's nothing new. But I agree with you that it offers some great opportunities for making secure online transfers if security issues can be ironed out. It's not going anywhere soon that's for sure

0 |

88p for an ltc.

im defo hitting a few more of those tonight also.

0 |

Bitcoin backers seek to create 'regulated' exchange

www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...

0 |

litecoin making a bit of a recovery here against btc/fiat, interesting

0 |

0 |

i.imgur.com/q8GEHwh.jpg

0 |

What the feds say is ulbricht ordering 5 hits on people he thought were blackmailing him. The consensus seems to be that he was getting blackmailed by the same guy from the start but still a fascinating read.
www.wired.com/2015/02/...

0 |

Good read that

0 |

www.cnbc.com/id/102407483

0 |

nonsense, bitcoin usage is way up, the number of daily transactions continues to grow and grow.

0 |

Just read that DPR/ Hells Angel transcript, absolute madness, cant wait for the film

0 |

www.netagio.com

0 |

so now i have to think about where i'm going to put the bitcoins i have. what should i do with them?

0 |

Offline wallet, backed up to a few flash drives, get them outta the mountain. Or coinbase

0 |

Sell them

0 |

What's happening db?

0 |

motherboard.vice.com/r...

0 |

www.zerohedge.com/news...

0 |

should have went in the april fools thread.

0 |

interesting read debtcrash.report/entry...

0 |

0 |

0 |

Lots of activity recently lads

0 |

did many of you lot not make a right few £££ on these 'ere digital coins? i remember talk of it for years

0 |

Ferg must have, that's why he is in now talking about 'lots of activity'. Rubbing his capitalist pig hoofs with glee.

1 |

Anyone holding Bitcoin- this latest Greek tragedy has seen them spike again

0 |

Litecoins performing better. I didn't make a huge amount but i wasn't complaining. Greece and china fueling this rise in value/ market cap it would seem. Hi Daire

0 |

Gonna buy a minirig with some of my remaining crypto stash :)

0 |

i had some litecoins left on litecoin local, but didnt even look at them in nearly a year because they were worth fuck all now, went in today for a look and they are gone lol apparently the owner of the site stole everyones coins in oct lol
dont think i had that many left in there as i sold all mt BTC and most LTC back in the crazy money days, so im not gunna annoy myself about it too much

0 |

Its saying Litecoins are only worth about £4.71 at the minute. Is that correct anyone know? I have 10 lying there. Probably just let them sit there unless they really take off again TBH.

0 |

Sweet, BTC only down 76% from the highs now

0 |

lol

1 |

0 |

www.wired.com/2015/12/...

0 |

0 |

0 |

Bitcoin: Is the crypto-currency doomed?

A high-profile Bitcoin developer has said the crypto-currency has failed and he will no longer take part in its development.

Mike Hearn, a Zurich-based developer and long-time proponent of Bitcoin, surprised many this weekend when he published a blog calling Bitcoin a "failed" project. Mr Hearn, who had until recently been working on new software for the currency, says he has now sold all of his own bitcoins and will no longer take part in the crypto-currency's development.

So, is Bitcoin doomed?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...

0 |

bump

remember these? wee bit of activity the last few months eh

0 |

The biggest thing to come out of the whole crypto currency boom this last few years has been the block chain technology become more and more refined. All the big banks and IT consultancies are all over it now.

0 |

that and all the things i've bought

0 |

www.reuters.com/articl...

0 |

Bitcoin has dropped 22.5% since 8am this morning

0 |

Feels like pump and dump. Though capital controls and problems in the Indian monetary system are being blamed for the recent rise.

What's the big sell being blamed on? It touched $1000 last week

0 |

It's been tracking CNH pretty closely, big pullback on USDCNH into the start of the year. Its a decent indicator for china capital outflow

0 |