Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

ah, the expert returns with his jouful insight.

i would say doubling an investment was fantastic, certainly better than i would have got from my nationwide isa, now theres an opportunity to make more again, real geld indeed

0 |

geldoff

0 |

Don't make me bring out the videos again Ferg.

0 |

bring out your shite attempts at spoofing you mean?

do one =]

0 |

It isn't an investment, it isn't a stock or anything based on analysis or worth or value or manufacturing or service or anything at all.

It is a zero sum speculation, a shameless ponzi scheme based on internet talk hype and centred around two rooms in Japan that used to deal soley in trading cards for Magic the fucking Gathering. Quit the Gekko stance ffs. I'd rather "invest" in that new Baltimore Top Hat Concern.

0 |

Confederated Slave Holdings, also...steady.

0 |

way back to reddit

0 |

I'd definitely make sure to send all my confidential details to an office block in Japan, on the off chance they aren't rigging this market like they did the last one. Remeber the closures, the inability to withdraw real money? If you don't have any qualms about shafting people (bitcoins and the rest the only profit is in the idea that an idiot will come along and buy your meaningless whatever coins due to positive media coverage or a "friends" suggestion) then of course getting in early is the way.

This makes everyone involved not really an investor, but a shady Madoff clone interested in nothing but personal gain. The whole things a load of reprehensible bullshit, no offense.

0 |

i dont see how its not an investment, if i invested in, it

0 |

and you maybe need to get off your horse and drink your milk

0 |

aLegend I linked reddit the last time for a reason, I wouldn't darken its fucking door. It's rammed full of bitcoining mens rights pick up artist cunts.

ferg
get involved neil son!!

Ferg snaps his up for basically nada, a few other million similar conversations on social media/forums, others get in a higher level etc. Sell sell sell. There's an argument to be made about a fool and his money, this is always true. Don't think it hurts to hear the other side though.

0 |

yes i think its obvious that I am trying to screw takki out of his lunch money here

0 |

I'm big and ugly enough to know what I'm doing with my money + most 'money' these days is based on absolutely fuck all really anyway.

It's a risk, but pretty much all investment is. You think if I fired the money into say oil, I could just go "Hang on, I actually want to see my actual oil here, give me my oil" and someone is going to bring me my half barrel of oil or whatever it would be worth? Of course not. It's all in the ether. The money/investment means fuck all really when it boils down to it.

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt today @ 4:14 p.m.
I'm big and ugly

0 |

Far from ugly big lad

0 |

interesting activity atm

forum.litecoin.net/ind...

whether or not the july adoption, happens, there should be a massive spike in price

0 |

Link just taking me to forum index.

0 |

forum.litecoin.net/ind...

0 |

that was the thread link, dunno why its not working,

go to the trading discussion forum, thread is called "[LTC IPO]: Litecoin's Pre-Gox Plan" by fontas the mega troll/cion holder

0 |

check the anti thread below it too

0 |

I wouldn't mind firing a bit into this, just to see what happens, but I'm a little dubious about sending them copies of my documents.

0 |

understandable, but if you are going to get involved best sooner rather than laster or you will prob just lose whatever you put in. You wanna be in before gox starts trading, but that is unsure as we know. they may also be a long queue for acc verification so you have to take that into account too

0 |

I didn't want to send them copies either but am gonna have to do it now ffs

0 |

www.btcpedia.com/buy-l...

Half way down this page describes how to buy litecoins with credit card. Couple of issues though, max deposit for 24 hours is €60. Transfer to the exchange can take up to 48 hours.

Don't seem to need account verification for this way.

Can anyone tell me is this worse than using btc-e.com?

0 |

the only people i know with any coins have deposited through gox, i wouldnt have a clue about the reliability/melt factor for any other deposit options

fairly sure leanne went through gox too

0 |

Well i've already went this way, i'll keep yous posted

0 |

yeah please do

0 |

I keep forgetting my utility bill to scan here in work. I reckon I'll probably just leave it. Will probably end up kicking myself, but everytime I go on to Mt.Gox and it's talking about queuing and market values etc etc I just think, this seems like too much hassle! Ferg, can I not just wire you money lol?

0 |

5%

0 |

haha, aul dvmc will love that,
I could sell you a bitcoin, send it to your BTC-E bitcoin address, and you could buy litecoins with that..

pm

0 |

Whatever makes it easier lol. Can I pay by credit card? <-- dvmc will love that lol!

0 |

just put me on the deeds of your gaff sure

or send me some fancy furniture

0 |

thinking about getting this box for mining. Anyone use it? How does one go about joining a pool. Article on ars technica say you mine 1/2 a bitcoin a day with it. arstechnica.com/gadget...

0 |

huge waiting lists/back logs with BFL. Lot of poeple reckon they are just mining the fuck out of all the machines. Lot of bad things said about them.

0 |

Yea I went through gox and I trade on btc-e

0 |

Up over 0.03 now, been trying to buy more for a few days ffs but my gox account is being a dick :(

0 |

ferg, what do you mean "poeple reckon they are just mining the fuck out of all the machines" isnt that a good thing?

0 |

i mean that instead of shipping the machines they were holding onto them, mining them and the prepaid customers were stuck on the "waiting list". Its possible. They have definitely taken huge amounts of cash and very few people have received their miners, this has been going on since last year

0 |

bit.ly/19OijfA

0 |

ferg - i think i will hold off then. I like the idea of getting my money back on it, but not if I have to sit on a waiting list for a long time. I did see theres external one you can plug into a raspberry pi. Is there any other hardware choices?

That link that ernest put up, does worry me. That ars technica article makes me want to rish, spendning a couple of hundred on a machine to mine, them, let it sit for a year, watch the price and cash it out. Acording to it, i could make 8 grand a year.

Has anyone on here, actually mined a coin?

0 |

Doombadger was mining I thought...at least I think he was a while ago

0 |

So has anyone made any dolla yet? Theres a whole lotta talking goin on and not a lot of photos of ferraris being posted

0 |

i think it was a friend/relative of db that was mining

i know someone who is mining ltc with relative success

i have made a wee bit rj, nothing to write home about but not bad for the effort put in (down time at work and free time split with here and other time wasting sites. All in ltc now as i have been for a while, hoping for a nice increase. Won't be mentioneing figures on here tho, you'll have to speculate on that one. I'd say Leanne is in the same boat.

0 |

yea we got in at the same time ferg, I pulled out some profit at the start when prices were all over the place but they have remained steady since so im not touching it until theres something worth talking about happening.

0 |

Saucy

0 |

Have made a few quid with bitcoin in the fluctuations since the crash, I missed the litecoin boat so just bought a few so hopefully they'll go up a bit then I'll just pull the whole lot out. I'm not sure why people keep asking how much people have made like anyone is going to put stuff like that up here...

0 |

Got myself some litecoins there too, just to see what happens. Not many, but if I double up, I'd be happy enough!

0 |

I really dont have the skills for speculating. Mining sounds like a gift though. The money tree in the corner of the room. Been mining on my computer last few days at 25mhash/sec, and acorind to my pool I have makde 0.0000999 bit coins. Going to research machines over the next few months.... and this time next year, we'll be millionaires.

0 |

Did anyone admit their returns?

0 |

Yea me- stupidly - however thread has been deleted

0 |