Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

Its currently trying to open it with adobe but thats not working. No idea what program it is I need to sort it.

0 |

well what i said above works with litecoin-qt and bitcoin-qt. so hope it helps.

0 |

I'll try and get someone who knows a bit about this to maybe take a look at my PC. I'm lost. Can't even get the dat file to open so not sure how to proceed. Prob best to get someone who has more experience to look at it.

0 |

Have you downloaded the ltc client and block gain? If so have you replaced the new wallet with your backup? You can't just 'open with'.

0 |

Blockchain*

0 |

I downloaded litecoin wallet again onto my pc. I don't know blockchain. Will try and download that now here. Regretting ever getting involved in this bollocks tbh lol

0 |

Open the client until the blockchain has downloaded. Then go to %appdata%\litecoin and replace the wallet.dat with your backup. In work so cant check but from memory that's what you do.

0 |

Can't see any download for blockchain.

I tried dragging the dat file into my wallet and get the following message:

'Litecoin - URI Handling

URI can not be parsed. This can be caused by an invalid Litecoin address or malformed URI parameters'

Double fucking dutch to me lol

0 |

By blockchain do you basically mean updating my wallet? It said it was about 150 weeks behind when i reinstalled it. I have already done that if thats what you mean.

0 |

Ok so youll need to delete the blockchain and replace the wallet dat file then redownload the blockchain. Your ltc should show then. Just realised youll need to re dl the block chain anyway. Its really simple, im probably making it more complicated. As long as you backed upyour ltc client when the coins were in it you will be able to access them.

0 |

Cheers Pat! Problem is i'm a bit simple myself lol and have very little experience with litecoins. Bought 10 over a year ago roughly and barely looked near them. Then had the problems with my PC. They came into my head again the other day and I thought i'd take a look and then realised I need to stick them back into my wallet as PC had been wiped. Yeah I defo backed them up. Have the back up on a couple of different devices. I'm sure i'll get it sorted. Thanks!

0 |

Dell joining the cyrpto world, accepting BTC, pretty big development

0 |

bitcoin seems to be accepted in more places now than paypal was around around 10 years ago.

about 10 years ago i remember having a hard time finding somewhere to buy domains and hosting that accepted paypal.

0 |

ecuador bans biitcoin and all forms of digital currency
www.coindesk.com/ecuad...

0 |

froots

0 |

(while establishing guidelines for the creation of a new, state-run currency.)

0 |

top marks for comprehension robur

0 |

As Businesses Boom, States Must Decide How to Regulate Bitcoin motherboard.vice.com/r...

0 |

Do you accept Wankcoin? motherboard.vice.com/r...

0 |

Nah, but if you want a few gimme your hand

0 |

Doge merging with Litecoin cointelegraph.com/news...

0 |

Merge mining only, you be sensationalist! Basically charlie lee stepping in to prevent doge from dying

0 |

Gimmer yer hand, ferg

0 |

Aye, my bad

0 |

give blurt your hand

0 |

Thank you

0 |

BUY LTC!

quite low atm?

0 |

Anyone know where you'd get ukash vouchers on a Sunday in South Belfast?

0 |

Yeah its a very good price indeed. I was buying in small amount from 9$ down to 6$, tempted to get a few more now.

It looks like the bottom was found at about the $3.5 mark. The theory that seems to make sense is that the downward pressure is from the ASIC buyers recouping their sizeable investments by selling their mined coins into usd and btc.

Hopefully that phase ends soon and we see recovery. Daily volume is still strong.

0 |

China has some mining set up www.thecoinsman.com/20...

0 |

Store your wallet on vinyl www.coindesk.com/new-s...

0 |

Saw that today mart, cool idea

0 |

paypal have started allowing merchants to accept it, US only and digital products only at this point.

0 |

Big development all the same

0 |

anyone here got any Dogecoin?

1 |

Coinbase integrating new Toshi element that will accept LTC and other coins as well

0 |

BTC down 47% from the January highs? Nice trade selling that shit

0 |

Depending on when you bought yeah

0 |

*BITCOIN SAVINGS AND TRUST FOUNDER CHARGED WITH FRAUD BY U.S.

0 |

Another wee hack. $5 million. .co/Reds2WkbfE

0 |

Trading 230, nice investment that

0 |

I haven't been following this too closewly. Vertuous reasons aside, did BitCoins turn into a viable option for investment?

Would trading Forex be more lucrative/risky/whatever?

Interested in hearing what the board oracles have to say.

0 |

*virtuous

0 |

think i'll buy some more at this price.

don't care where it goes in the short term.

0 |

I'm a bit of newbie when it comes to bitcoins, was just wondering whats the easiest way for to me to exchange money from my bank account/paypal into bitcoins?

0 |

I use www.netagio.com

i store my bitcoin with them too, they have a history in gold storage, having stored billions worth of gold, your BTC isn't stored online, in stored in vaults in deep (i think swiss) mountains, and they bring in outside auditors to check there's no funny business going on.

they're actually getting out of the gold business, and focusing on BTC, and currencies. which is reassuring for anyone thinking about BTC.

0 |

bitbargain.co.uk

0 |

Managed to buy a small amount today but having trouble trying to transfer the coins to a different wallet. Anyone here ever use Brawker?

0 |

Read this before buying into that shit - willyreport.wordpress....

0 |

pm last year

0 |