Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

Im doing the same with ltc. I buy ltc at around $10 dollars, i was late coming to it, so that's been the cheapest price ive bought in at. Seems that when it hits the skids, it goes to around $10 and stays there for a while, then goes back up.

0 |

99% of my holdings are ltc, buyin this next batch to sell off when the prices goes up next as i need the £

0 |

What's the best/quickest way to flog them for cash anyway?

0 |

Sell them privately to someone you know (like how you bought them..

0 |

Any other ways? Not sure I know anyone who'd be tech savvy enough to have a clue about cryptocoins.

0 |

what price takki?

0 |

Not selling at mo lad, just for future reference!

0 |

kaizen vulturing away haha, if he's selling them off chep theyre mine, ye swine :)

0 |

3 fer a tenner?

0 |

6 lite'r's ferra poun! (old skool cornmarket style)

0 |

im selling one of my ltc's. im selling it for £50. pm if interested.

0 |

£6.83 is the going rate for ltc in gbp right now.

0 |

yea. mines going for £50 tho. its worth a lot more.

0 |

is it a continental litecoin?

0 |

Is Bitcoin Really the Next Internet? www.coindesk.com/bitco...

0 |

Interesting read motherboard.vice.com/r...

0 |

its just a really expensive one, none of that continental shit in here lad.

0 |

interesting article. i still don't understand it.

0 |

the 'Is Bitcoin Really the Next Internet?' one.

0 |

Just made a couple of purchases on LitecoinLocal in case anyone was still wondering if the site was safe to use. The guy i bought from has the username Feria1231, uk based, seems to have the best prices.

0 |

Where's the best place to buy litecoin atm?

Haven't bought any in months and Bitbargain is looking me to complete silly verification shite

0 |

Litecoinlocal, as mentioned above

I cba with the verification on bitbargain either, esp to become a seller

0 |

US government sells Silk Road user’s seized bitcoins for $3 Million www.coindesk.com/us-go...

0 |

MIT project to distribute $500,000 in Bitcoin to undergraduates www.coindesk.com/mit-s...

0 |

This is becoming the coindesk thread haha. Good site tho

0 |

Dutch Student Sued By Kanye West Over Coinye Rejects Kanye's Settlement Offers; Prepares Countersuit www.techdirt.com/artic...

0 |

Bitcoin ATM in Dublin

localbitcoins.com/ad/8...

0 |

Wheelmoon

0 |

expedia accepting bitcoin for hotel bookings

viewfinder.expedia.com...

0 |

www.coindesk.com/googl...

google taking it mainstream (bloomberg recently too)

litecoin will be next

0 |

Good day for LTC purchases today

0 |

i had a dream about bitcoins about a week ago, and then again last night. they have been on my mind.

perhaps not as safe as a swiss bank, but quieter than one.

0 |

where you dreaming about the algorithm or making purchases?

0 |

i dreamt there was some event where i lost a lot of savings, but was saved by having bitcoins. that was the first dream, i've been thinking about them since, dream last night was similar, can't really remember it.

i might fire £1000 into it, 2 BTC and put the rest in LTC. purely on the possibility of the fulfilling their ultimate potential. it's actually stupid not to.

0 |

both coins are at a relatively low price right now

0 |

netagio.com looks like a way to do it, anyone know of them?

0 |

never heard of the site, worth searching on the BTC forum for feedback
bitcointalk.org

i have bought off litecoinlocal a few times, with no problems, since introduced others who have had easy trades

0 |

looked into them there, they're owned by a company that stores over 1 billion worth of gold bars in guarded vaults in the swiss mountains for customers. when you buy and store bitcoins through them, they say they're stored offline, under the same security as they store gold.

0 |

i would still prefer to hold my own coins offline in an encrypted, backed up wallet

0 |

litecointalk.org/index...

Cold storage of ltc would be my preferred option, if I owned a sizeable amount.

0 |

invested through netagio. pretty quick and easy process, if it was always so easy i'd be a BTC millionaire now.

but if BTC ends up worth $1,000,000, i won't be kicking myself. if it implodes, ah well.

0 |

so basically you dont give a fuck

0 |

every time i'd checked the bitcoin price i'd be hoping it hadn't rocketed.

i've invested a fair amount but it doesn't feel like a risk really. and i'm prepared to lose it anyway.

0 |

did you get any LTC?

0 |

not yet. netagio only do bitcoins. but i can now use bitcoin to buy litecoin so less melt from here. or more melt maybe, as i've to learn something about cryptocurrency before i start doing that.

0 |

here's a great intro to crypto from the Litecoin Association, should get you up to speed and save reading alot of shite/ opinion

litecointalk.org/index...

0 |

i'll give that a look now. just seen one of the people involved in netagio on the Keiser Report, the writer of this - www.amazon.co.uk/Money...

might actually buy that book. i dreamt my savings vanished and i was saved by bitcoin, perhaps it was a precognitive warning dream. :D

0 |

Been reading the litecoin forum all week. Seems a like a disorganised mess on there tbh.

0 |

i'm not going to get into mucking about the crypto 'scene', not going to get into trading them between each other or anything. going to buy some LTC and keep a few BTC, and just wait it out.

0 |

That exactly what I've done tbf. Just buy and hold and see what happens

0 |