Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

i wiped my wallet when i refreshed my laptop. they are empty now. have it backed up tho.

how do i use the back up file?

0 |

My back up file didn't work when I fucked up luckily I had the forsight to sxreenshot the codes

0 |

Taking a battering from all angles, at the moment.

0 |

klepto-currency.

0 |

Gox is in trouble again, the other exchanges have been doing quite well.

0 |

if you are a speculator in this, you could be thinking this is all really unsettling. however, in the grander scheme of things, bitcoin is only going through the kind of volatility and attack that is common among new forms of money...not new currencies as such, but new forms of exchange. people will always look to exploits weakness. hell a lot of the financial markets is about finding weaknesses in the laws and mechanisms which govern the fiat money system. so those who say its the end of digital currencies just because some people can exploit the problems does not reflect the historic development of such things.

ultimately, I do expect the Bank of England/Fed to issue their own eventually.

0 |

unfortunately i didn't screen shot the codes. :/

refreshed the computer, went to start up bit and lite qt, they are both empty. where exactly do i drop the .dat file?

been looking online, its telling me to look for %appdata%. its not on my computer?

0 |

ok, just found %appdata%/bitcoin etc. is it just a case of drag and drop the backup file into this folder? or is there a particular folder it goes in?

thinking i might have to uninstall and re install the qt wallets? they have dowqnloaded the blockchain etc. but there is already a wallet.dat file in the appdata folder. as explained here

he is saying to drop the wallet.dat folder you created when you backed up into the folder. but like i say, there is already one there.

bit bamboozled (pardon the pun) any help would be great.

0 |

bitcoin.stackexchange....

tried following these steps, got to program files (x86) but there is no bitcoin.

0 |

is there not an option in the menu to just import a backup?

0 |

newscientist had a load of bitcoin related features last week... you can probably register to get a wee look at ant paywalled ones... but

www.newscientist.com/a...

0 |

no, takki.

0 |

think i have it sussed. deleted the wallet.dat file while the program was closed, and dragged the backup.dat file in.

then, in the folder window, there is an open command prompt button, and typed in just what my last link said.

it opened the wallet up and is now rescanning. fingers x'd. ill keep yall posted.

0 |

that should do it

0 |

done it, and still no coins. trying a different back up file now.

when i go into appdata, do i delete every .dat file, or just one of them?

0 |

still did not work. anyone any idea why?

0 |

its bate me. not working, and i dunno why. want to take it to someone and let them do it. its bound to work. im not sure im doing everything right. not sure what the craic is.

if anyone is up for helping a guy out, im willing to travel to you and to let you have a crack at it.

in before "come to oz" or something like that.

:/

0 |

Give jbr a shout

0 |

Come to Moscow and we will wrestle in the snow, topless like real men. I will have snowden sort out your bitcoins problems, then we will drink vodka.
Believe me when I tell you there will be a pussy riot waiting for you

0 |

Yeeeoow

0 |

problem solved. i didn't realize i had to re-name the backup.dat file 'wallet.dat'.

sweet. :)

0 |

#Dogecoin founder: "I turned down half a million dollars. Because fuck that." www.techly.com.au/2014...

0 |

www.coindesk.com/bitta...

0 |

haha, because fuck that :)

0 |

Love it any more doge coines on the Jbr, i want some purely because of that article

0 |

Love it any more doge coins on the go Jbr, i want some purely because of that article!

0 |

www.dailydot.com/opini...

0 |

Lol

0 |

kinda wanting to buy some more at this low price, from bitbargain obvs, not mtgox.

but not really sure, lost a bit of faith.

someone egg me on, go on. :)

0 |

The price on bb isnt reflecting that of gox, more consistent with the other healthy exchanges

0 |

so you telling me to buy? (just say yes)

0 |

buy btc and ltc

0 |

buy eggs, sell fish.

0 |

i.imgur.com/qwiGsVu.jpg

0 |

www.coindesk.com/hold-...

0 |

0 |

Japanese news service NHK reports that Bitcoin exchange MtGox has filed for bankruptcy.

0 |

Vietnam says bitcoin transactions are illegal bigstory.ap.org/articl...

0 |

Fed doesn't have authority to regulate Bitcoin, Yellen says www.nationaljournal.co...

0 |

Mt. Gox files for bankruptcy protection after losing $473M worth of Bitcoins, has $63M in debt venturebeat.com/2014/0...

0 |

gaw.kr/Bas1taR

0 |

www.vitamin-ha.com/wp-...

0 |

m.imgur.com/r/doge/mZr...

0 |

AuroraCoin rocketing in value ahead of its official launch in 3 weeks, grabbed a few for the craic

www.coindesk.com/icela...
www.auroracoin.org

0 |

i.imgur.com/aCkItxD.png

0 |

im sold 1300 of my LTC over the past few days, already sold all my BTC ages ago, im actually a bit over it all, doubt wether im gunna replenish the stocks.

0 |

you sold at a 4month low?

0 |

that's what I was thinking.. makes no sense unless you were really strapped for cash

0 |

must be into koi(n) carp

0 |

i sold my BTC for $1100 ages ago with the intention of buying back
and there is a guy on litecoin local here paying $23.30 for them and they are only $15.80 to buy so i sold a shit load to him with the intention of buying back through the exchange but im having second thoughts about buying back at all

0 |