Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

from $8million dollar pizzas to today- a timeline of bitcoin
motherboard.vice.com/b...

0 |

Lily allen turned down 61million dollar gig
www.dailymail.co.uk/tv...

0 |

'World first' Bitcoin insured vault www.bbc.co.uk/news/tec...

0 |

ive been making a bit of cash buying on the exchanges and selling on bitcoin local- i made an extra $200 on one coin on sat, i bought it on btc-e and sold it to some idiot on bitcoin local for 200 more the same day.
definitely doing this more regularly now.

0 |

VICE chatting about Bitcoins...

Haven't watched it myself, but thought I'd post in case anyone else was interested.

0 |

www.forbes.com/sites/k...

0 |

LTC to da mooon!

Seriously though, the next 6 months are going to be very interesting...

0 |

www.forbes.com/sites/a...

0 |

WHERE YOU LOOKING AT THIS? oops caps. im using btc-e and its not really moved?

0 |

I'm paraphrasing the troll box.
I used to trade fx on various sites, the chat box was always full of very dry economic commentary. btc-e is really quite funny.
You can even pick up a few new mother jokes if you hang around long enough.

"LTC/NMC/BTC to tha mooon!" someone posts it every few minutes almost..

Price is in a downward trend at present...

0 |

riiight. lol. makes sense. always worth a read those comments. lol.

0 |

Rise CHICKUN! A firm fav from a while back

0 |

fontas

0 |

eBay UK to have virtual currency listings..? Could be big!
www.coindesk.com/ebay-...

0 |

0 |

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

0 |

if the feds sell 25millon in btc - the price will seriously crash, maybe its time to stick to ltc

0 |

Ltc will be affected if there is a big fluctuation in BTC, but the press surrounding such a big sale will (imo) only further legitimise them as a currency/commodity. I don't think it's such a bad thing, I could be very wrong tho!

0 |

Yeah, the news of that would be more than enough of a hype generator to balance things out I'd say.

That eBay news sounds promising. I'm thinking of trying to buy a PS4 with some of my Litecoins. There's a site which lets you get things from Amazon, or gift cards. Just not sure about how safe it is though. Need to look into it a bit more.

0 |

Still waiting on my HD25s, might have to send the aussie bai's round

0 |

WOOF!

www.cryptocoincharts.i...

Coins for sale? PM me

0 |

Pumpcoin

0 |

The definitive premine/pump. Unashamed and blindly obvious.

0 |

HD25s just arrived and authticated, paid for with ltc profits :)

Thats these headphones and a nexus 7 so far..

Blatant!

0 |

*the transaction was actually made with BTC but I could have sent LTC I just would have needed a further invoice as they only have BTC protocol at their checkout. The site is called Millennius.

0 |

Go ferg. That's nice news for a Friday

0 |

Found a way to buy Amazon gift codes with Bitcoins and Litecoins too. Dead easy process and very little commission. Already bought something from Amazon and all.

0 |

oops.. site is called Bitfest. UK based. The site is being revamped soon to make the process even easier and faster, and so you can use Litecoins. At the minute it's just Bitcoin. You can email the guy and he'll sort you out if you're wanting to use Litecoins though.

They will just go by the standard exchange rate from one of the exchange websites, then you can give a donation to them, if you want. The standard is 2% of the purchase, which is what I gave... super easy and professional.

I can see my Litecoins disappearing rapidly.

0 |

Howl ahn to a few like

0 |

Aye, I def will. It's just nice having a good means to spunk them away!

0 |

When you say a "standard exchange rate" can you tell me what rate you actually got?

0 |

I don't mean to piss on your parade, but going by the rate they are offering right now, ye gat bucked.

0 |

This is the info...

Currently we use BitPay's BBB exchange: bitpay.com/bitcoin-exc... for our bitcoin sales. We use this for our litecoin sales too, but use the BTC-e rate of LTC:BTC to convert to litecoin. As an example:

• Currently BBB rate is £506/btc
• LTC BTC average (btc-e.com/api/2/ltc_bt...) is 0.02914 bitcoins per litecoin
• 34.3170899 litecoins per bitcoin
• 34.3170899 litecoins = £506
• £14.74 per litecoin

Basically it worked out more than what I would have got if I'd have converted to GBP via BTC-e myself.

0 |

He didn't get bucked considering when he bought into ltc

0 |

bitpay.com/Bitcoin-exc...

£477 today. I could have given you £505

0 |

.. but, you are right. It sounds a better deal than doing it yourself at Btce

0 |

Yeah, that was from when I was emailing the guy from Bitfest a while ago.

0 |

Its a great idea but you can get better prices if you know where to look.

0 |

Where? Can I just email and gave an Amazon gift code sent back to me? I don't mind paying a little extra for that service, at least until the main online retailers start accepting crypto currency.

0 |

0 |

takki....getting sucked in by the amazon overlords, helping them to crowbar their way into the crypto-currency world and abuse their workers and avoid tax in new and exciting ways

0 |

If I can get my USB charging leads delivered to my door for 99p, I don't care how many humans are abused in the process.

0 |

NY Department of Financial Services public hearing on virtual currencies starts at half 4
www.totalwebcasting.co...

0 |

Fuck... hope we see another sky rocket on the prices lol

0 |

Did I hear they gave bitcoin its backing.

0 |

It's only started but they're talking regulations rather than backing

0 |

regulation = backing though doesnt it, recognition at least

0 |

Aye thru control

0 |

i.imgur.com/TAHgUPy.jpg

0 |

well the yanks can only control businesses on their shores can't they

0 |