Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

Good blog post - www.antipope.org/charl...

0 |

I'm still holding out for a big pay off, having already taken profit on top of my original investment out I really dont have anything to lose by doing so

0 |

I'm about to do similar :¬D

0 |

Stop explaining yourself gref, and just do it. Nobody needs to hear an announcement that you're about to do nothing

0 |

aul gref and his announcements

0 |

"Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! I'm still holding out for a big pay off, having already taken profit on top of my original investment out I really dont have anything to lose by doing so. God Save The Queen"

upload.wikimedia.org/w...

0 |

Shove it up ye, blurt

0 |

* trulb

0 |

litecoin has certainly took a trouncing, recently!

0 |

FBI you say! www.wired.com/wiredent...

0 |

Litecoin is still at 3x what is was since the summer so not doing too bad, johnny come lately :)

0 |

and lol @ max keiser dressed like a victorian pimp in newsnight last night ripping up money

0 |

Ah, it was never going to stay up at the high after that huge jump a while back. Seems to have stabilised again, which is sweet, and it still has kept a fairly decent rise.

I'm still up several hundred percent!

0 |

Up again, intriguing times. I'm doubling at the mo, still. Thinking about selling them, though.

0 |

sell what makes back your investment, or 75% of it and ride it out.

0 |

Ride it sideways

0 |

Leaving it be for time being.

0 |

newsbtc.com/2013/12/19...

never heard of overstock. but will ebay etc follow?

0 |

no. ebay have their own payment system which is a bitcoin competitor, paypal innit.

amazon also have their own payments service.

0 |

right. could ebay etc not benefit from the cryptos then? serious question.

0 |

They have paypal

0 |

bitcoin are too volatile... say you buy something at auction when BC price is high a load of bitcoin last week, but before the seller cashed out the price dropped dramatically.. they are left out of pocket

0 |

Only if they are converting straight into fiat

0 |

I'd imagine most people are selling shit on ebay because they want cash... not to speculate on bitcoins?

0 |

This post is over 1 GB in size.

0 |

there is the likes of bitpay.com

you accept payment in bitcoin and you receive fiat currency at the current rate of exchange. you can sell something for say £100, and people will have to pay whatever amount of btc is £100.

0 |

Bitcoin mining in Iceland where power is cheap
dealbook.nytimes.com/2...

0 |

www.wired.com/wiredent...

0 |

about the 3rd time that has been posted, shitblack

0 |

you are all keynesians now.
.. or maybe something else... a lot to digest in this post...

even a bit of de-growth for you RP

letstalkbitcoin.com/ke...

0 |

Steeeeroked! rt.com/usa/bloomberg-a...

0 |

Super article Pavlov. Tries to cut through the ideological bias of the for and against arguments around bitcoin. We do need a monetary system that aligns to ecological sustainability as the current one is designed in such a way as to provide stability only through growth, which is a suicidal path given planetary limits to perpetual expansion of economic activity. Bitcoin does provide something of an alternative in that respect as, to take one aspect, it is not created with interest attached, which is the driving force behind the unsustainability of the current system where simply sitting on money is punished by inflation and investment in economic enterprises is the only option.

0 |

This article was one the best I have read about how the current system demands growth for stability www.google.co.uk/url?s...

0 |

www.businessinsider.co...

Crypto top 14
lol @ unobtanium

0 |

Good article at the bottom of that. www.businessinsider.co...

0 |

0 |

Did ye ever get those coins through Leawnne?

0 |

yea the new wallet wasnt syncing online properly. I was using Armory, whcih apparently has some issues syncing on certain systems but once the support team got in touch they were actually really helpful.

www.business2community...

0 |

Which systems?

0 |

Had a feeling it was a syncing problem.

0 |

No idea - it was still in beta when I downloaded it and it was in the faqs that there are issues syncing and some people can't even get it to go online- of course I only read these after I had sent the coins and they never appeared

0 |

Well the only things it could have been were block chain syncing, theft or fuckin up of address, it's a straightforward process once you get your head round it

0 |

No way would I sue beta software for anything finance related. No way José.

0 |

Not a hope in Hull :)

0 |

loll.. whats that from, ferg??

0 |

From the book of ferg

0 |

I'm nearly sure I saw that recently somewhere before... maybe it was when I was chatting with you or something!

0 |

www.millennius.com

Just paid for a pair of hd25s with btc (converted from ltc) from this site. Now just have to wait for them to turn up from Oz!

0 |

up around a grand again - good timez

0 |

www.businessweek.com/n...

0 |