Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

0 |

A million dollars a Bitcoin! That'd be pretty mental!

0 |

is that what he says? i'm going to make my dinner, then watch that, and if i'm convinced of the possibility of them going near that, i'll buy a bitcoin. fuck it.

0 |

i remember seeing some supposed financial expert years ago saying to put everything you can afford into bitcoin, this was years ago and i had planned to put £500 in as a punt. obviously never did. but i'd be sitting on a few hundred grand now if i had. would prefer that not to happen again. worth £500 now i suppose at the possibility of it going supersonic.

0 |

If it was years ago, you'd be sitting on millions mate!

0 |

has Max Keiser ever talked about the possible ramifications of the fact that so many bitcoins are tied up in so few accounts?

0 |

He probably owns one of them and knows the other big players

0 |

He bought 200k worth when they were 10$.

0 |

Oh my.

0 |

I'm glad I still have some, gutted how much some unmentionables purchased of the silkroad have turned out to have cost!

I knew this was gona be huge. Same with solar, every house will be solar powered to some degree in our lifetime.

0 |

Oh how you all mocked me when I first told you all about it in 2009, well who's laughing now. It's me, I am the one that is making the laugh. Ha

0 |

These guys are pretty simple for buying BTC. I'm gonna drop some money in now and see how it goes

coinbase.com/?r=522aa06

0 |

DB, I take it you've made £100,000's then?

0 |

don't seem that simple. i don't seem able to select GBP as my local currency, and i can only confirm my bank account if i live in the US.

0 |

aul kaizen getting involved after previous scepticism, good lad

0 |

doombadger, i don't remember you talking about them and the shine board is archived back to 2008, and you didn't mention bitcoin on it from what i can find, only one thread there exists on it, and you're not in it.

i did find the thread that led me to first consider putting that £500 punt on them, they were worth $8 at the time.

0 |

really aLeg? i'm sure i remember him talking about them

0 |

aLEGEND, i think we all wanted to lump on them back then, but didn't bother, or have the balls.

0 |

www.shine.net/forum/th...

0 |

was probably on here he was talking about them. so 3 years after he's claiming it was.

0 |

that post ^ from 2011

0 |

it was the melt of the process of buying them that put me off. the same melt that's putting me off again, right now.

0 |

ah well

0 |

are bitcoins mentioned in it?

0 |

i could sell ye a few ltc that you could convert

0 |

its easy, just buy a load of them. pm me when you have done so and ill send you your new wallet address to send them to.

0 |

Cryptsy really is a piece of shit ffs.

0 |

DB is you'd even half believed it yourself you wouldn't have blown any of it on unmentionables. SWIM is in same boat, can't think about coulda shoulda woulda's.. they were bought at the time for one purpose only and it wasn't fer an investment

0 |

*if

0 |

0 |

this SWIM character has had some life, prolific bastard

0 |

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Bitcoin:

0 |

Decided not to invest and stick some more in my pension.

0 |

Haha at martys link

0 |

I've seen too many people who have lost their pensions due to dodgy business practices to ever trust them.

0 |

right lads, Ive had a look at the exchange, but cant figure out how to purchase litecoins.

0 |

all the info is in this thread, mm

0 |

I invested it myself kev. No way would I use an advisor for the likes.

0 |

justim a seasoned pro now, getting hacked of with the n00bs

you have a uk account mm?

0 |

its an american account.

0 |

he likes american things now

0 |

and speaks with a twang

0 |

lol. i feel your pain, ferg.

sorry mm.

download bitcoinqt wallet. (will take ages to update, bout a day or two perhaps, depending on your net speed)
go to bitbargain site. read all the info they give you there, tutorial etc. then go to buy bitcoins. you need online banking. it will give you a prompt message telling you exactly what to do. i bought off it a few times and it was pretty quick. took about 3-5 mins to get the coins. they automatically go into your own personal wallet on that site, but it charges you to keep them there/week. once bitcoinqt has finished updating, go to the recieve tab, and copy the address it gives you. then send the coins from the online wallet to the bitcoinqt wallet you downloaded. its self explanatory once you are in there.

its pretty easy really. once you have done it once you wont have any trouble.

this is only one way to do it. prob the easiest there is at the minute? its the only way i have done it so far. good luck buddy.

not sure if it will work with an american account?

0 |

i.imgur.com/95yPjxl.png lol

0 |

mm you could send usd to coinbase or bitstamp and purchase BTC then buy ltc with them, its a bit simpler for yous yenx

0 |

Can I store litecoins in a bitcoin wallet?

0 |

Absolutely not. Send LTC to a BTC wallet and theyre gone.

0 |

Maybe they just wouldnt send, ive never tried it.

0 |

aye mate, you need seperate wallets for each type of coin, the official litecoin waller is available from litecoin.org

0 |

oops. just swap all the "bitcoins" i said with "litecoins" same procedure.

0 |