Choose a discussion

Bitcoin/Litecoin etc

Original thread gone?

Bitcoin back on the up today after a couple of days with very little movement.

Litecoin doing well still but down today a bit. It really needs gox to announce a date for thier trading engine to open, kinda in limbo at the mo it would seem

@leanne I havent looked into desktop/offline wallet software, is that something you are looking into?

0 |

refund given. I'll see what happens now if anything.

0 |

Just checked his ebay account. he's been a member since 2004 in the United States but his address is in Manchester. 100% feedback. Bit dodgy sounding lol.

0 |

"Funny how we landed on the moon 40 years ago and yet have never been back since despite all the tech advances. Suppose it did look a bit shit up there like didn't it...why would ye"

It's like the Stiff Kitten, no atmosphere

0 |

has anyone bought/sold on litecoinlocal yet?

i sold a few privately there to a mate which was easy as, bank transfer, all done in minutes, no fees

the paid for "test" to join bitbargain as a seller is a bit ridiculous, isnt it?!

0 |

think i have got my ebay deal cancelled anyway. All a learning curve I guess.

Sounds like this litecoin local could be the best option then.

0 |

Ebay make it very hard to complain about people who cancel sales - I had to do it myself recently as the seller was a dick, with no idea how to use ebay. she decided that the amount I won the item for wasn't enough, as she had seen similar sell for more. she cancelled the sale, and I couldn't get the ebay dispute process to register my complaint - as it didn't come under any of their preset headings / subjects.

so really, all you will get is bad feedback - if you are sitting on 100% and can take the hit it is likely to have V.little impact on you.

0 |

Yeah I can handle one piece of bad feedback TBF Ceri! No harm done :-)

0 |

There is zero point in going back to the moon as it offers no $$$$ to any one At the time bar politic gainz.

also takki right. to write something off based on a hunch is crazy and no sound evidence is crazy, for now.

0 |

Despise the moon

0 |

impressive space mining forumming there takki

0 |

Takki belief is what the world needs Pavlov.

With this belief, and Obama commitment to peace and green living the world be a better place for all us children

0 |

tomorrow will be a good time to buy ltc? wee crash happnin'?

0 |

Haha takki. Your first comment implies that we'll see it in our lifetime. Which, as i said, is nonsense. Your second statement is more realistic. You may have meant what you revised it as, but thats what it read as. Raged out are we?

0 |

And this nuclear deal with Iran is far from sealed. The u.s are saying one thing and doing another.

0 |

would it not be worth going back up the moon just till get a rake of it and sell it on ebay. Has to be full of rare mentals.

Even that or just nuke the shit out of it for the criac. Now more worrying about tides. Tides worry me. I'm up the night worried about tides and my bad leg.

0 |

lol, no, definitely not raged out. Just wanted to clarify/back up my opinion with facts and evidence, which I think I have done.

You should try it sometime, kev!

0 |

oohhhhh

0 |

The Moon has loads of helium-3, compared to earth, which could be used in nuclear fusion power plants. The Chinese are very interested in the moon though, they've got a fairly busy space program now and the moon is one of their main objectives. They're sending a rover to the moon soon, or else have done recently. They also reckon the could have astronauts on the moon by 2025.

0 |

Get tae fuck takki, you've talked site about nuclear fusion going to save the day with pseudo science and you were proclaiming this was gonna happen in our lifetime with no evidence aswell. Dry your eyes.

I've took you on no problem with anything i've said and i know what i'm saying about the middle east is true because its playing out and i get my info from, people who know about this shit. Your just making fantastical declarations about technology that is along way off.

0 |

Talked shite*

0 |

lol.. What are you on about now Kev? Do you mean when I was talking about this - www.bbc.co.uk/news/sci...

Still a hell of a lot more evidence to back up my opinion than the evidence you provide for virtually any opinion you ever give on here (i.e. none). Give me your evidence to say that what I have said is wrong then. You just love to make out like you have a vast knowledge and grasp on pretty much everything, yet what do you actually do? Sit and read websites and blogs that reaffirm your own beliefs. You cant even look at things with any optimism any more because you have been sucked into conspiracy theories so much and are so close minded/brainwashed.

Since when did you know so much about space exploration and nuclear fusion anyway? Maybe you've got a few astronauts and nuclear physicists in your group of people ready for the apocalypse lol?

0 |

haha

0 |

RIP

0 |

Yes, that nuclear fusion power station is still decades off and this was in a discussion about up-coming energy shortages in less than ten years.

Here is what you aren't grasping. I agree with your revised statement, but you said we are going to be mining asteroids in your lifetime before that. I wholeheartedly disagreed and you changed your stance soon after to make in line with what i would agree wiht, going by the evidence.

The evidence is playing out. What i called was going to happen with syria has happened.

Insult away, your pseudo-intellectual bollock talking riddled with copy and pastings that you say are you own have never impressed.

0 |

And i'll tell you another thing. If i'm wrong, i'll fully admit and take it on the chin.

0 |

Lol, great work Takki.

0 |

"Yes, that nuclear fusion power station is still decades off and this was in a discussion about up-coming energy shortages in less than ten years."

Kev, link me to where I said Nuclear Fusion would be here within ten years.

"Here is what you aren't grasping. I agree with your revised statement, but you said we are going to be mining asteroids in your lifetime before that. I wholeheartedly disagreed and you changed your stance soon after to make in line with what i would agree wiht, going by the evidence."

My revised statement wasn't even meant to be a revision, like I made clear when I broke down my initial statement, I still stand by it. What I said was that we would PROBABLY mine an asteroid within our lifetimes, then I gave the facts and reasoning behind my opinion. You just turned round and disregarded my opinion, my reasoning and the facts, without giving any decent argument. It's easy to just sit and say things, but without anything to back it up, it's not really worth much, and unfortunately, an awful lot of your opinion is based on things which you cant back up. This is actually hilarious the way you're twisting this round to make it look like I'm changing my viewpoint to try and impress you! The psychology of this is actually pretty interesting.

"The evidence is playing out. What i called was going to happen with syria has happened."

Kev, you 'call' loads of things. Obviously when you make generalised statements continuously, certain things will come true. It's your reasoning behind these things which is where the details lie, but you rarely back yourself up with facts, just other people views and opinions. I guess that's why conspiracy fans like world politics etc, as there are so many grey areas their minds can wander and there isn't anything to bring it back to reality.

"Insult away, your pseudo-intellectual bollock talking riddled with copy and pastings that you say are you own have never impressed."

The irony in your last sentence isn't even worth responding to lol. I can't believe you're calling *actual* scientific research and experimentation, "pseudo-intellectual bollock talking riddled with copy and pastings" - Is that what NASA is? I always thought NASA kinda knew what they were on about lol. At least my copy and pasting is done using real facts, rather than vague reporting and political hearsay.

I still would love to hear more about your interest in the sciences and space exploration. You seem to be a bit of an expert in a lot of fields! I have a bit of an hobby/interest, but I'd certainly never think I knew more than the likes of NASA or organisations who have the financial power that Planetary Resources, Inc. has.

0 |

Kev whimpering in the corner here. Takki showing no mercy.

0 |

bore off lad.

0 |

Justim still struggling to recover from his embarrassment, lashing out to mask the hurt.

0 |

it's embarrassing reading your posts, if that's what you mean?

0 |

Comprehension never was your strong point Justim. How's that Shergar investigation going?

0 |

so.....did leanne ever find her bitcoins then?

0 |

Takki - i'm talking about the crap you come off with when debating, not the links you post. You clearly wrote in your first statement that you think we'll see asteroid mining in your lifetime, i said that 's bollocks. You revised that. No getting round that. You got your knickers in a twist when i wound you up about it so dry your eyes.

I wouldn't dare proclaim to be any sort of expert, but to hear the way you get on you'd think you did majors in astro physics. Did you? I'm going by the exact same information that you ahve and from that, i could not proclaim that nuclear fusion is goping to solve our energy problems, nor will we be mining asteroids. Correct me when i'm proved wrong.

What generalised statements did i make, by the way? You know you're just repeating pavlovs weak arguments?

0 |

ongoing

0 |

Mining asteroids in our lifetime*

0 |

Very weak response there Kev. Takki has given a coherent argument backed with good sources and reasoned argument. You have again resorted to rudeness and aggression rather than addressing the points made, a common tactic.

0 |

oi50.tinypic.com/5mkc5...

0 |

Kev, like I stated in my previous post, I explained my original comment, which I still stand by. Please take the blinkers off. Your continued effort to use that against me simply shows how little you have go to go on here... I mean, you're not even using your own argument here, you just trying to use mine against me lol. Slightly pathetic and obvious that you don't have much, if anything, to go on really. Science and space would one of my keen interests, and through those interests I know to build opinions and thoughts based on facts and evidence, hence why I could provide those links with the information to back up my opinion.

I didn't claim anything, like I've already said several times, I gave my opinion and then backed it up with real world facts and proof. As yet, you STILL haven't backed up your opinion, you've just tried to discredit my evidence/links, which is all first hand from legitimate scientific organisations and enterprises. This has got NOTHING to do with my knowledge in astro physics. You're just using that as an attempt to bypass the fact that you still aren't providing any backup to your argument. No matter you say or do here, you're still avoiding the fact that you can't back up what you are saying with any real evidence. You're now bringing up something from ages ago in an attempt to bypass the original point.

In fact, it will more than likely bore me into submission and I'll just let you get on with living in your bubble, as its not worth my time to try and make you see reason.

0 |

"NASA will launch a spacecraft to an asteroid in 2016 and use a robotic arm to pluck samples that could better explain our solar system's formation and how life began. The mission, called Origins-Spectral Interpretation-Resource Identification-Security-Regolith Explorer, or OSIRIS-REx, will be the first U.S. mission to carry samples from an asteroid back to Earth. After traveling three years, OSIRIS-REx will approach the primitive, near Earth asteroid designated 1999 RQ36 in 2019. Once within three miles of the asteroid, the spacecraft will begin six months of comprehensive surface mapping. The science team then will pick a location from where the spacecraft's arm will take a sample. The spacecraft gradually will move closer to the site, and the arm will extend to collect more than two ounces of material for return to Earth in 2023."

cience.nasa.gov/missio...

Unless youre not planning on living to 2023, I rest my case.

0 |

including all the other research and missions that will only increase in frequency of space exploration and knowledge. so based on our lifetimes maybe being another 50 years, I think the probability of more missions to asteroid to be fairly high, considering there is already a mission to sample an asteroid in 3 years time.

0 |

It's what you meant and you corrected it.

0 |

Japan is also planning a mission soon to mine samples from an asteroid...

"The test took place in the Japanese prefecture of Gifu, paving the way for the Hayabusa 2 spacecraft to extract soil samples from the asteroid, the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) announced on Monday."

"During the mission of Hayabusa 2, scheduled to begin in December 2014, the space probe will extract soil from inside the asteroid. In order to do this, it will be equipped with a collision device designed to shoot at the surface of the asteroid from a distance of 100 meters with metal shell ammunition moving at a speed of two kilometers per second."

0 |

I have no qualms about the rest of it as it doesn't lead me to believe that they will be mining asteroids in my lifetime. I agreed with how you corrected your initial statement.

0 |

lol.. Ok kev, you keep ignoring the facts that I am continuously providing you here.

0 |

Omg. Kev, I've just given you 2 missions which are coming up soon to sample/mine an asteroid!! Never mind the next 50 years, and the couple of private companies that are planning asteroid mining also!

0 |

Are they selling bitcoin on the moon now?

0 |

You've made potent points, bow out man. They are still there and will have a greater intensity without the supplication

0 |

Shouldn't all this BS be kept on the Space thread? Or better yet, in PMs

0 |

or out the back of castlecourt

0 |