Choose a discussion

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto postponed again fs -http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-if-berto-t-make-june-23-ill-move-on--50407

0 |

no comparison. one is a an art and the other is violence.

0 |

Never understand the need people have to compare sports. Like the rugby v football thing. They're two different things, theres no comparison to be made

1 |

You obviously don't know what you're watching then, soyuz. 10 times more strategy and technique in mma than there is in boxing. Boxing fans need to realise that boxing has had it's day. It's a dying sport.

0 |

Poor poor trolling. lol

0 |

I don't think you appreciate how much skill, strategy and technique it takes for Mayweather to make a fighter like Pacquaio look so ordinary

0 |

It's all true baz. I'm a boxing fan, but it's clear that the sport is dying. Last night just hastened that death. So many people that don't normally follow boxing were put off watching it ever again.

1 |

Of course I do. Look at the first comment I posted after the fight. I thought it was an unbelievable display of boxing last night.

0 |

I wouldn't describe it as exciting though, and that's what the casual fans are looking for.

0 |

you will fit in well over at sherdog jim lol

0 |

I would say MMA is more technical than boxing. I used to prefer boxing by far but once i learned what was going on in MMA I began to like it more. As Utah said, they're different sports, I'm more entertained when watching MMA. I also prefer the lack of belts in the MMA world.

Floyd schooled him. I too thought Manny got more points than deserved

1 |

Sherdog is shite mate, /r/mma all the way.

I don't know why you lads are getting defensive. Most pro boxers are complaining about the fight.

0 |

anybody who was expecting an exciting fight night clearly hasn't watched floyd before. they must have knew how it was going to pan out.

It was literally left to manny to make the fight and he couldn't make it happen.

Personally thought it was shit even as a straight boxing match. wasnt a schooling in style imo.

Did enough to win without being spectacular

1 |

Totally agree idclip. It's apples and oranges. No point comparing them. An mma fighter would batter a boxer in a real fight though.

The amount of different belts in boxing makes it harder to follow. Boxing is too diffuse.

If the fans want to see a fight in the ufc, the ufc will make it happen. No chance of fighters avoiding other fighters like mayweather did for the last 5 years.

2 |

As an outsider looking in, the thing that's turned me off most with boxing is the belts shit as you. I didn't even know what was up for grabs last night. They actually made a new belt, just for the winner of that one fight ha

0 |

Of course you can compare fighting sports because there'll always be the argument who would really win a fight and its the MMA fighter every single time. Its infinitely more technical and I'm a huge fan of both.
Rhonda would beat most 10 stone male boxers, I would love to have a roll with that woman. argh

0 |

I don't even care about belts no more. I basically run of the ring mag ranking. think they give a belt out as well.

0 |

If each weight class in boxing had one belt for the undisputed champion of the world it would be great. Far too many weight classes in boxing too. Loads of them are separated by only 3lbs.

1 |

How can you compare the two when they've both got totally different skills sets. Messi and Lee Halfpenny both kick a ball but how can you compare the two in terms of competition?

0 |

I'm not meaning to criticise the life out of boxing. Combat sports are the only sports I can bare to watch. Boxing is my second favourite sport. It just needs a bit of an overhaul imo.

1 |

Messi would take Leigh Halfpenny no sweat though

2 |

well the ball is a different shape for a start, Rugby is about hands and football is about feet.
Any fighting sport is about 2 opponents trying to knock each other out-the only difference between boxing and MMA is one is using your whole body and has more skill sets.

1 |

the only difference?

They are completely different. even the stand up are worlds apart from each other in many ways.

Pointless argument anyway which was done to death over a decade ago.

1 |

Boxing is about hands....mma is about everything. Else. You can use your fists to punch in both. You can use your feet to kick a ball in both football and rugby. That's pretty much the similarities covered

0 |

Boxing is dying....this the night after the highest grossing fight of all time. This is the strongest it's been in 20 years.

3 |

As I say the punching, technique, defence is completely different as well.

Only similarities is both can punch.

Same for kickboxing. It's completely different to boxing, so many aspects that aren't even similar and kickboxing would be closer to boxing than any other form of fighting

0 |

If anything football and gaa are more similar than boxing and mma and its still an utterly pointless comparison

0 |

Wrasslin' ftw

1 |

can't be arsed arguing with ye I've had two hours sleep.

1 |

I was talking to Jim and you jumped in arguing lol

0 |

lets forget about all this, do you like cheese?

1 |

Yeah but I don't know what yet

0 |

i.imgur.com/eV7uo2d.gif

0 |

Johnny Utah • 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
Never understand the need people have to compare sports. Like the rugby v football thing. They're two different things, theres no comparison to be made

I agree utah, they are all equally shit :)

0 |

But shit in their OWN way!

0 |

oh aye , varying levels of pure shiteness.

0 |

mma more technical than boxing haha.

0 |

mma more technical than mayweather yeah, haha

0 |

mdma more technical than any sport:-p

0 |

mdma is better than mma alright

0 |

aye it makes you realise sports are ballix lol

0 |

of course it is, to get to even brown belt level in jiu jitsu or any other martial art takes years of study and commitment and learning hundreds and hundreds of techniques-its far more technical than throwing only punches.

Go to a BJJ class or two and you'll see the intelligence and skill involved in it.

1 |

hundreds and hundreds of techniques but then some good grappler gets lucky in his first week because off your feet anyone can win a fight. beauty of boxing is you've to stay on your feet. better technicality involved to be good at it.

0 |

I thought that said go to a BJ class and you'll see the intelligence and skill involved in it lmfao

0 |

hours, 44 minutes ago

'because off your feet anyone can win a fight.'

If you spent half an hour watching bjj instructional videos you'd be embarrassed that you just came out with that, soyuz. If you put an elite competitive bjj black belt against anyone in the world, they would choke them unconscious or break one of their limbs within a minute.

'Better technicality to be good at' boxing? That's a laugh. In mma you have to be good at Muay Thai, boxing, Wrestling, and bjj. In boxing you just have to be good at boxing.

1 |

You actually don't need to be good at any of then things to be a threat in MMA. been plenty of champs average enough at all aspects but are pretty much well rounded

1 |

who had the nicest shorts do you think?

0 |

his footwork is unreal. 5 pro fights too lol

1 |

why would you want to choke someone unconscious though or break their bones when you could box the fuck out of them like in Baz' video there and maintain your humanity.

0 |

Studies of viewing figures in Amercia show boxing and MMA fanbase don't even cross over. MMA hurt WWE market share more than any other fighting sport.

Both sports aren't even in direct competition with each other, tho people like to debate about which is better and more popular.

0 |

whats the one where the fellas roll around the ring for most of the time looking like they are tryin to bum each other

0 |