Choose a discussion

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto postponed again fs -http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-if-berto-t-make-june-23-ill-move-on--50407

0 |

13/8 and 6/1

0 |

Anyone give Midana a chance this weekend?

0 |

It'll be a convincing win for Mayweather

0 |

A points decision you would expect.

0 |

Such a pointless fight.

0 |

Santa Cruz vs Mares announced, not sure what weight. Means Frampton vs Quigg should happen early 2015.

0 |

Tyson Fury taped up his mouth and refused to say a word at a press conference for his rescheduled heavyweight fight against Dereck Chisora.

The 26-year-old Wilmslow man was hit with a £15,000 fine from the British Boxing Board of Control after directing a foul-mouthed rant at Chisora and journalists in June.

He refused to risk further sanction, wearing tape with 'BBB of C' and question marks written across it during another media gathering for the return bout on November 29 at London’s ExCel Arena.

Fury won the first fight on points in 2011, but the second showdown had to be postponed after Chisora suffered a hand injury, just a few days before the original date in July.

Promoter Mick Hennessy, speaking on Fury's behalf, said: "At the end of the day you need characters to be able to be themselves whatever they're confronted with.

"Sometimes you're going to get a gentleman with Tyson and sometimes, if he's rubbed up the wrong way, you'll get another side of him.

"At the end of the day surely he should be allowed to be himself. We could be in jeopardy of this fight not happening - we all want the fight to happen so that's what this is about."

Fury used hand gestures to communicate that he plans to keep the tape on for all his interviews and expects a first round knockout win.

But Chisora shrugged off the latest bizarre incident in his opponent’s controversial career and remains confident he will level the score in explosive fashion.

"This is a fight game," said the former world title challenger. "When you're in the gym and it comes to the crunch time your focus is not to go in the ring and be a chess player, you're looking to kill the guy on the other side.

"He wants to take something that's yours, it's boxing, it's one of those sports.

"I don't blame him (for the tape). He can keep the tape on for all the interviews but I think we could make a wager that he won't keep it on for the next eight weeks."

Asked to predict an outcome, Chisora replied: "I'm going to knock him out, it's a simple fact, I don't know what round but I'm going to knock him out."

0 |

Fury is a goat

0 |

Fury is ranked above Frampton p4p. Can someone explain this to me?

0 |

World boxing rankings are a marvel onto themselves

0 |

real life gone wrong lol

0 |

want to see paddy barns and frampton fight

0 |

Barnes round 1 KO

0 |

lol

0 |

wonder if paddy still hates the Chinese?

0 |

Fury is a balloon.

0 |

Anyone see the Smith fight? apparently he was robbed

0 |

He was robbed. had it a draw at least.

They scores were that loop sided when they were read out I actually thought they were giving it to smith lol

no point in watching fights in Germany. Shit atmosphere, shit crowds, shit judging, shit action, it's all just shit

0 |

That sort of shit put you off boxing? What I'm reading he won, not easy, but definitely won.

0 |

Not would out me off boxing.

0 |

Hing

0 |

Honestly smith was completely robbed I had him 2 up going into the last. 1 judge gave him 1 round. Fights should not be allowed in Germany

0 |

Even if professional fights are clearly fixed, baz?

0 |

yes flash. they are a very small small % of fights if they go to points.

0 |

WBO to review Smith fight. Hope he gets the result or rematch ASAP. Won't get many more chances at world level

0 |

Anthony Joshua looks like a strong fella. Wouldn't fancy my chances against him

0 |

Anyone seen this. Goodbye boxing career m.facebook.com/story.p...

speaking of boxing, been doing it really light lately. I really want to go back to it. Have a crack at the antrims. Think I just need a good beating to realise I was always shit at it lol

0 |

I was considering doing white collar. But something tells me that you aren't meant to with one working eye. But if they can do it in Grudge Match right?!?!?

0 |

Really enjoyed the Donaire / Walters fight at the weekend. Enjoyed the GGG talk after about proposed weight changes. Is he better to move up or down in weights?

0 |

nobody as exciting as GGG at the minute. He's a cool cunt as well. I reckon he'll have to move up, but plenty of good fights at MW/SMW for him over the next few years. I'd love to see him against Ward, two completely different styles. As GGG says he didn't come to dance.

0 |

Depends on how he is himself fido. Some people have too much cut to make it takes more out of them so they aren't as effective or strong so need to move up. At same time so boys cut down weights so they carry there power. depends on him. He will still banging moving up a weight. He be the new cash cow in boxing soon enough.

Shades of Tyson that time. think I read this in an article at weekend. HBO are thinking similar.

0 |

Why don't you just join a boxing club fido and do the training and explain the eye. You can do sparring just body shots.

That's the only sparring they do in ingle club unless it's hired sparing for fights or people from another gym coming in for a spar.

1 |

boxing training is fucking phenomenal for cutting weight and gaining physique. my nest mate fights for the dockers. he is already a small wee shit but even at 32, when he got back into the training for antrims/Irelands etc, the weight he cut and shape he got into was unbelievable.

what weight you box at barry?

0 |

What you call your mate si?

Some lad for dockers won antrims the other night. think he was called anderson.

Haven't a clue where I would be at. don't even think i could cut down, be fighting tanks at my weight lol

True on the shape and fitness. honestly can't recommend it enough for people looking to train, get into shape and get fit. Even when you get schooled you come out feeling good ha

0 |

His second name is mcfarlane, baz. You know anyone at the dockers?

0 |

Don't know any one but I'm friends on their Facebook.

I'd love to give the intermediates a crack. emptied in about 10 seconds lol

0 |

My wee mate is over 30 now and i think the rules only changed a few years ago re over 30s in amateur comps. He can go to 35 now then has to pack them in.

0 |

used to do a bit of boxing training myself. great craic. harden ye up alright.

chris eubank jnr training. :O www.facebook.com/video...

fuck thon would hurt

0 |

Marty is his name si?

Eubanks going to get beat well. He must be getting paid well to take this fight.

Love how he ignores everything his da says in that video lol

0 |

i think the young feller is a great boxer. enjoy watching his fights. tho i think ive missed his last one or two.

#superfan

1 |

I like him too. But Saunders was a elite level amateur and way more rounded. he be to technical for Eubank who came into boxing at a later age. I think he will get schooled from what I've seen off both. I actually thought Saunders would make the better pro out of the ladz who turned pro from Olympics chunky and Gavin.

Hope jr surprises me tho

0 |

Is this sky or box nation justim?

Fair play for jr for fighting this weekend with big money on the line. great excuse as well to say he hurt himself lol

0 |

fuck knows, i have neither. it will be on vipbox im sure ;)

1 |

I love it the training too. Done a bit of sparring lately. Started to pick it up a bit. There's talk of a fight early next year. Exhibition probably

0 |

who you think will win the Bellew, Cleverly fight?
Don't really follow boxing but i like Bellew cos his pants are nice.

1 |

*trunks

0 |

you defo need to get in there MJ and get schooled to understand it better. I wasn't that bad. I came from a kickboxing background so it was natural enough but once I sparred a fighters who won all Ireland's I was baldy exposed. Real bad habits came to the front. didn't help being southpaw and having to switch back to orthodox. few sore heads some nights lol

0 |

For me it is about trying to relax in the ring and I still not really used to getting punches thrown at me but as I say I'm getting there a bit. I've taken a few shots and landed a few too. Good buzz landing them.

0 |

A Good brawl is satisfying bar the teeth stinging when you breathe.

0 |

is Saunders part of McGuigan's crowd now?

0 |