Choose a discussion

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto postponed again fs -http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-if-berto-t-make-june-23-ill-move-on--50407

0 |

but surely making the same mistakes before doesnt make it ok for not correcting this one?

0 |

I would understand if Groves was defending himself or throwing punches - but he was turning away from Froch with his hands down - fair enough it maybe of been premature (something bay knows a lot about) but it was still a fair stoppage because he wasnt defending himself. I disagreed with the timing

0 |

the IBF remanded the Ref, foster is his name I think. Told froch to have an immediate rematch because of the stoppage so that tells you all you need to know about it all.

0 |

you agreed with the decision Tonzer?

0 |

definitely shouldn't be overturned though. fuck that just fight again.

0 |

imagine the amount of crying that would be done if this was overturned.

0 |

No I thought it was early but I can see why he stopped it. You have to defend yourself at all times and he was turning away with his hands down - if Howard Foster (who has previous for awful decisions - including Paul McCloskeys last fight!!!) has let the fight go on 20 seconds longer though the outcome would of been the same so I feel sorry for Froch in that sense. It was a bad stoppage. He deserved at least another 20 seconds

0 |

woeful stoppage. as i say if that's the benchmark for stoppages in boxing i don't want anything to do with it any more

0 |

he deserved a lot more than 20 seconds....there was a time earlier in the fight he hit Froch six clean shots without a defence, its that the criteria, it wouldnt even have got that far

would Froch just give up the belt if he gets 1 or even 2 Vegas fights? surely that would be him done?

0 |

still remember watching it in my room and thought the ref was breaking it and thinking froch was landing blows illegally, when i realised it been stopped and just laughed.

0 |

if it was to be overturned it would need to the signal for a complete change to boxing, putting standards in place for stoppages, criteria for judging etc...

I doubt the BBBoC could be fucked with all that hassle.

0 |

Mad I used to think this was better than UFC

0 |

if only boxing could be straightened out. too fucked at this stage.

the worst part of it is all the bullshit champions. not only are there 4 recognised champs but now the likes of quigg holds a world title for being the number one contender. balls.

0 |

Utah - he had his hands down and was turning away from his opponent. I completely agree that it was an awful stoppage. It wont be overturned tho

0 |

Bores me watching the stuff. It's like watered down, pants MMA

0 |

blurt fishing like mad here

0 |

I don't like fish, you! Would consider it less entertaining than MMA

0 |

i never understand comparing sports...its like people who think rugby and football can be entirely defined by a player diving ha

0 |

You cant compare MMA and Boxing they are completely different. The best MMA fighters in the world would get destroyed in a ring. The way they are tought to throw punches is completely different. And vice versa. I love both sports and both have their problems. The UFC especially pay their fighters fuck all for what they have to put their bodies through so each have faults. Boxing is corrupt as fuck. Fucking great watch though when you have a good fight. That Gavin Rees vs Gary Buckland was a prime example the other day. Careers on the line and going all out - pure class.

0 |

the MMA/Boxing debate was cool about 10 years ago blurt. actually make that 5 at a push when people started watching UFC and cage fighting as they call it.

0 |

I only got into it the other week sure. But aye, boxing is on the way out. Can't be denied, can't be ignored

0 |

lol @ cage fighting...you hear loads of people say 'yeah, hes training doing that UFC stuff'....like someone playing for thier local team is doing that Premier League stuff ha

0 |

Boxing is on the way out?

0 |

you know people where saying that 10 years ago and it's still there making more numbers that ever before? lol

fact is studies been done on the demographic of both sports and they don't effect each other at all, it's actually pro wrestling and MMA that's is closely tied with the viewing market in America.

boxing huge amateur sport, and world wide appeal means it's going no where. There always be a market for people wanting to see people get punched in the face. don't even know why in writing this. wasted 10+ years of my life debating boxing death from the 1940's lol

0 |

Baz look at PPV figures and earnings - when you have boxers making in excess of $40m i think its save to say that boxing is going nowhere. No there needs to be a drastic overhall of belts/ divisions/ promoters however its safe to say there its certainly not under threat.

0 |

Can't believe you all bit....raz, you are a special type of sucker

0 |

Hope you are all proud. That was the equivalent of a fourteen foot luminous sign saying "TROLLING"

0 |

Groves froch rematch 31st may

0 |

Who cares? MMA, BABY!

0 |

ringtv.craveonline.com...

0 |

Fight likely to be at Old Trafford or Emirates

0 |

It will be better than the first, froch will take it more seriously. Grooves knowns he can beat him

0 |

Dont think groves will have same chance to shock him like 1st fight

0 |

I think mentally and physically groves will be a stronger going into this than froch. tho big ask again to dominate him like that but I think he will have learned so much from 1st fight he know to step back every now and again. dominating him in the centre of the ring caused a lot of his problems at the end when engaging.

Be better officiating this time so froch not be getting away with any of that cheating he was pulling all thought the fight.

froch 1st round lol

0 |

Groves knows he can beat him? The one thing in groves mind is that he couldnt put Froch away. He hit him with everything he had and couldnt put him away.
I think that Froch badly underestimated Groves in the last fight which he wont do this time. Logic though would think that Groves will beat him up again - he was too fast and dominated the centre of the ring but my heart wants Froch to spark the wee yappy cunt. Im hoping beyond hope that Froch can get to him early this time and put him on the back foot. I think Froch is going to try and get under Groves skin rather than the other way round.

0 |

All the pressure is square on Froch. Even more so than in the first. Groves will ave even more confidence. Should be a great fight

0 |

groves won't have took that fight as a loss. It will be like a win for him, and the opposite for froch. He will mentally know he can beat him and dominate him him in the ring. He will need to tweat his strategy a bit I think. also wonder what froch is going to do to hit him as he only really seemed to do damage with his boxing illegally for the first 7 rounds. hard to call again basically because of what Ciaran said.

Tho groves, going from his froch sparring days was confident that he was going to do that to froch in the fight and it happened exactly how he seen it. froch is one demensional to an extent so we might see the same thing. groves dominating? Froch coming into it late. fuck I want t go to this fight. Be awesome

0 |

I'm backing Groves purely because Froch mocked him, all be it very cringey, about going bald on SSN. Gotta support a brutha!

0 |

Was a low blow alright

0 |

Froch will win, I agree that he underestimated groves in the first fight. Groves knows he can cause froch problems. But just like in the first fight froch will keep on coming and throw punches

0 |

The state of Tyson Fury bs.twimg.com/media/Bgi...

0 |

Just watched it again there. Groves was really running on empty by the end of that fight. Maybe a bit of inexperience using up more energy than he needed to in the last couple of rounds. Froch had plenty left in the tank and was possibly about to knock him out. So I'd say for the next one Groves will need to save himself more and Froch will probably try the same game and wear him down. Will be some fight if it's anything like the last one

0 |

Fury is a mess, but that was his first fight in 10 months. He likes to fight 3 times a year

0 |

I think Groves will win the rematch, KO within 4 rounds.
there's gonna be so much trash talk and needle leading up to this, should be brilliant craic

0 |

Khan and Mayweather not so straightforward?

www.worldboxingnews.ne...

0 |

Arum is right, tho top trolling on everybody's favourite boxer khan lol

0 |

Aye Amir that's what it is lol.... "Can I apologise to the thousands of people who are let down. You me and everyone wanted the Mayweather fight. He's running scared."

0 |

haha

0 |

Fucking clown

0 |

some good fights last night, good to see woodhouse winning the lonsdale belt and maybe make himself 250 grand

0 |