Choose a discussion

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto postponed again fs -http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-if-berto-t-make-june-23-ill-move-on--50407

0 |

Here here

0 |

it's far from noble though Fido - this is the latest in a long line of ailments.

0 |

i think we all know it was only aul Utah saying he was gonna win...me and Groves wuz robbed

0 |

are you going to pollute this thread as well?

0 |

I have had to stop watching the replays for the fact that it annoys me so much. I would say its fairly probable that Groves would have ended up on the floor. But as Baz keeps saying - when he was pushed back onto the ropes his hands were still up and returning shots. At no point did it appear to me that he's lost control of himself or that he was out on his feet. Awful.

0 |

When I say Noble mf I mean in the sense that 2 men standing toe to toe in what should be fair conditions.

0 |

if i want to mf, yeah

0 |

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/...

0 |

Nothing new there. they always back their refs. bureaucrats mostly

0 |

Exactly what I was going to say baz

0 |

love how every defence of it (of which theres been few) is saying 'he had to make a split second decision, which is basically saying it wasnt the right call, but its understandable that a human can make the mistake so we cant throw him to the dogs

0 |

bbbofc, and Smith in particular are gobshites.

0 |

i didnt see fight - just putting up what i read.
I did hear Groves had turned his back a couple of times - any truth?

0 |

No. unless it was when froch was holding, the ref said break, and then froch was hitting him from the back this yes.

More I think of it even without the stoppage the ref was out of his depth. totally lost his head.

0 |

@LaceUpBoxing: Arum wants Mayweather to be Pacquiao "opponent on April" already he's forgetting Floyd is NO opponent and his date is May 5th.

0 |

Looks bad on floyd if he takes a manny fight now after a few defeats, considering his antics about the drug testing last time. but we suspected that anyway.

0 |

@FloydMayweather: Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see.

0 |

Think he's removed it already?

0 |

pathetic from floyd

0 |

My input for what its worth.

Ref was either poor or (I don't really want to believe it but taking a back hander). Groves dominated the fight basically from the first bell till the round before the knockdown. Put Froch on his hoop with what was one of many cracking punches! Fair play to Froch for getting up and digging in but we all know he has an iron chin. Groves too quick for Froch. It must have been embarrassing for Froch. Everytime he tried to hit Groves, Groves was gone and then nailing him with his own punches which Froch could just not avoid. Froch then started resorting to dirty tactics as he knew he was in a bit of trouble. Ref should probably have deducted a point on at least one ocassion. When Froch finally did land that barrage of punches to end the fight the ref was too early jumping in. Groves was still fighting back and taking evasive action to avoid the punches. The ref fucked up big time! You can't end a fight every time a fighter looks like 'he might go down soon'. If that had been the case then it should have been stopped in Groves favour much earlier!

The fact the judges only had Groves 1 point ahead leaves me feeling extremely suspicious TBH! that combined with the terrible refereeing in froch's favour is dodgy looking to say the least! Really fucked off as it was a cracking fight up to that point! Didn't like Groves before that fight but my respect for him has multiplied!

0 |

seen a lot of people say that, theyve a new found respect for him etc. I dont really understand it, if he was a wee dick before the fight, why is not now just cause hes a better fighter than people thought? If hes a dick hes a dick no? ha

0 |

''You can't end a fight every time a fighter looks like 'he might go down soon'. If that had been the case then it should have been stopped in Groves favour much earlier!''

this. It's not an amateur fight. If this is what stops fights at world title level then you may as well just pack up the sport.

The saving his career talk is a cop out. It was timid stuff. He'd be embarrassed by what happened and it's unfair thing to say which adds to the chinny reputation which isn't exactly deserved.

0 |

Utah and baz still swinging and missing. Spamming the thread won't change the outcome

0 |

no one is trying to change the outcome. people are debating it.

0 |

I meant the outcome of the debate

0 |

Jes - just watched that there. Dirty is right from Froch the wanker. Ref was defo a cunt for stopping that. Had a feeling Froch was about to put Groves on his hole but so what; hardly more than a feeling. If Groves had made it to the bell, would have been some next round fs. Froch was a bit of a melter afterwards as well. Ref was a total cunt. Had to say that again.

0 |

Anyone any links for Pac Rios fight?

0 |

You dont need to watch it it was a one sided drubbing

0 |

I don't suppose there is any amount of money we can throw at Floyd to get him to fight Manny?

0 |

when you see the purses he's getting for fighting cans these days i don't think they can get him to play ball unless it's 100mil.

he got 40mil+ something 2 fights ago

0 |

You can almost see a purse of 100m happening with the attraction of the fight. Its just a shame he's crazy rich already.

0 |

he got more than ever for Alvarez i think??

0 |

50mil + after PPV im sure. He got 40mil+ maybe more for fighting before that.

He can literally pick what he wants now because of the money to be made from PPV's

0 |

Carl Froch - "I don’t think I need to fight George Groves again to prove anything because he’s [was an] unbeaten, young, hungry fighter, the best in Britain other than me but I’m world champion and I’ve given him his chance – a chance I wasn’t given to fight the best when I was at his stage in my career. He’s had his chance and unfortunately he’s blew it.

0 |

what an utter cocksucker. hes been a fucking window for weeks now

0 |

That statement basically tells you how lucky froch knows he was.

Tho he is technically right in what he says but got floored, generally beat over the rounds, face mangled says to me he can't actually believe what's he's saying after the controversial ending and getting booed. money will talk here.

be big pay day and PPV in a rematch.

0 |

no such thing as bad publicity in boxing, it's full of wankers slabbering to keep themselves in the limelight. even de gale is meant to be civil enough away from the cameras. but fuck me froch is one unlikeable cunt.

0 |

With Groves pretty much victorious in defeat would Froch not want to put that right? Would it not generally be a blemish on Froch, always leaving a question mark?

0 |

yeah but the hoopla of this will fade away, another defeat on his record, and possibly last fight being a loss would last forever

0 |

I said this at the time - Froch wasnt very forthcoming about a rematch straight after the fight. In the very first interview the next day Eddie Hearn spoke of Groves getting another World Title fight in his next fight although it may not be against Froch. If Froch goes on to fight Kessler again or another fight against Ward were he goes out on his shield it will be far more valuable to his 'legacy' than fighting Groves. I feel sorry for George Groves because he was inevitably right in the build up - Froch was made for him. So flat footed and cumbersome going forward. The right hand for Groves was open all day and he landed it repeatedly. What really surprised me was his excellent footwork - it was far better than in previous fights - especially the Kenny Anderson fight where he got caught time and time again. It was a proper Rocky 4 fight because I was booing when Groves came out and by the end I was cheering him on. He done it on his own - really impressive. On another note Khan came out last niight and said the Mayweather fight is 95% sorted. Will be in Vegas on 3rd May. Another routine defence for Floyd....

0 |

Also Cleverly out of his Cruiserweight debut. I think that move up was a sensible decision for Cleverly - really big for that decision. Pity he has a glass jaw tho

0 |

That meant to read really big for that division lol - too early in the morning

0 |

it could be argued that if he has one fight left, the bigger payday would be to fight Groves. Ward would definitely need a bigger cut of the purse than Groves. And i don't think i'd pay £20-odd to see Ward put on a one-sided exhibition again (anyone who watched the first fight would probably be the same). Fighting Groves again makes much more sense - then Froch can retire go out the way he came in - slabbering.

0 |

If he fights Ward in Vegas though, surely the purse would top anything he could make in Britain?

0 |

Yes Johnny and its the legacy fight that hes after if he wins

0 |

I don't know if there'd be any demand for it in USA - has Vegas been touted as a venue? I thought it would have to be in the UK. Could be completely wrong of course

0 |

Froch is the biggest name in the division outside of Ward so it could be made fairly easily. Theres no reason why Ward would come to England for the fight either.

0 |

tbh it prob not be utah.

Ward not a huge seller in america and he be taking the lion share being the No1 and the fact he doesn't need to fight froch again, plus froch will get mugged even more. All PPV sales related.

This groves fight a huge draw in britain and will sell way more sky PPV. Ward imo wouldn't have the same interest with the british public, and the Americans generally don't give a shit about ward going by his fights so far. he in and around a weight division they general don't show much interest in. roy jones was a proper superstar for 10 years and he was never PPV box office in america. The money be in the groves fight, the interest be even bigger now.

basically everything MF said. Be a hard fight to sell to people imo

0 |

I agree but to Froch its the 'legacy' fight that he wants and thats not groves.

0 |

that's what his excuse is but it be no legacy fight for froch.

He'll get schooled even more. He has zero chance in this fight and i'm not even sure ward has to take it.

0 |