Choose a discussion

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto postponed again fs -http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-if-berto-t-make-june-23-ill-move-on--50407

0 |

You can have all the right you want, be best to do something productive imo

0 |

The most annoying aspect for me being that its getting more attention on here than the actual fight or the fantastic occasion that it was.

0 |

It is what it is RP.com. We could hmm and haw about a utopian Belfast until the cows come home. Bottom line is, they're just words until somebody gets offended by them

0 |

Na Blurt - not asking for utopian bliss here...can bite my tongue on a lot of things but that kind of casual sectarianism in NI is so destructive that it can't be dismissed easily. people underestimate what the effects of it can be in my opinion.

0 |

0 |

haha Fido it was good to see you too!

0 |

the only ones crying are the ones who weren't at it.

0 |

RP.com - In the words of the Lisa Simpson, mini-golf proverb:

"If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?"

0 |

Anyone got a stream for last nights Golovkin fight? Missed the repeat

0 |

www.dailymotion.com/vi...

watch this next, absolute war

0 |

from half an hour in for the main event

0 |

Holy shit thats a top, top scrap :)

0 |

Watched that golovkin fight. He's a demon.

0 |

Did you see the Russian guy that Mike Perez fought is in a coma. Collapsed back stage. It was touch and go last night if he was going to make it. Absolutely awful.

0 |

Realising what these Boxers put themselves through, knowing full well what comes as part and parcel of the job / sport is what has made me fall in love with the sport over the last few years. I was always into the BIG fights, but recently I've found myself trying to follow more unknown to me fights and fighters and I'm loving every second. Spent last night watching that scrap mf posted last night, belter. Not

0 |

Golovkin is something else Kev. I think it was the 4th round he took a few shots and barely flinched. His punch rate was exceptional yet he seemed to make it all look so easy.

0 |

Golovkin vs Martinez would be a megafight

0 |

Golovkin talking about moving upto fight Andre Ward

0 |

Ignore that Not at the end of my post above don't what happened there lol

Tonzer / Baz / mf you lads would be more aware of the tactical aspects of the sport... you reckon Golovkin could make the step up without much hassle?

0 |

Definitely his hand speed and chin are excellent and Im sure his power would carry up a divison. Would love to see him unify the belts though at middleweight but Im not sure how much Martinez wants to fight him. Darren Barker should run a mile as well which Im sure he will. Makes sense for him to move up as there is some big money fights to be had.

0 |

Sky said he's always fought at middleweight, so shouldn't be too much of an effort to step up. Martinez has been crying out for big fights, hopefully this happens. He's been my favourite boxer of the past couple of years.

0 |

www.boxingscene.com/go...

0 |

true enough, too much of a risk for Martinez at this stage

0 |

Love Martinez myself. The Williams KO still prob the best I've seen in a huge fight for over a decade.

Feel like this be too much a challenge at this stage. he be hard to hold off for that long. golovkin punch stats are in that world class elite level you normally see with the greats over the years, since they started taking computabox reading. some fights at middleweight and beyond to be had.

Ward fight be a the true test for me. Both have that amateur quality as well as professional class. Plus ward the highest ranking ring mag P4P fighter around that weight and is hard to hit as you's know. be a huge fight down the line.

0 |

Price vs Chisora - Frank Warren won the purse bids. Due to fight early next year. www.boxingscene.com/pr...

0 |

Im really starting to despise George Groves. On paper this should be a routine defense for Froch however i really think that hes getting to Froch. You can see a real anger there when you hear him speak. I hope to God he doesnt go into destroy Groves and starts to lose rounds late on if he cant get him out of there. Groves will be fit enough. All being well an early stoppage for Froch though. www1.skysports.com/fro...

0 |

Can see why froch is fuming. Thinking the media etc have been disrespectful to froch in the way they have been talking this fight. almost get the feeling it's 50:50 and read on outlet where they were talking like froch is underdog going in. based in what groves beating degale and a completely washed up Johnson?

I'm big groves fan but he a bit of a rookie at this level and with this type of opponent, and the doubts about his chin and defence are legit and fact.

can't see how he can hold off froch for 12 rounds but if he does and wins it will be a huge upset imo.

0 |

Froch is one of the biggest bellends in boxing, would love to see Groves finish him up. Froch can't cry too much about disrespect, he has done some slabbering himself.

0 |

Surely its a matter of levels. Like him or hate him - Froch hasnt fought anyone outside the top 5 in the world for years now. Groves has fought no one. The fact that Froch has sparked him in sparring should give him all the confidence in the world that he will do it again. I hate Groves

0 |

Price should retire after Chisora beats him

0 |

Yeah I agree, if proce loses again theres no where to turn. I fancy him to knock Chisora our though if he can stick to a gameplan. Its obvious though that his ability to take a punch is a real problem. This could be a good fight for Price because Chisora isnt a heavy hitter in relative terms.

0 |

true MF. He's also a clown. just can see why he riled up for this.

Price is finished, his chin just air now

0 |

Baz I remember him being sparked out in the amatures his chin was always suspected. He has devastating power but hes been found out when he comes up against anyone who has a chin.

0 |

I knew he had a weak chin going into the pro's but seemed to have the physical size and ability to not make it a factor this early on. the punch that KO'd him was weak as fuck and now an air punch will prob put him down. I thought he make it to a biggish fight before getting exposed. he has great physical tools too, it's a shame as he looks like a heavyweight instead of the fat types running about.

He got emptied in the olympics semi that time but took a some heavy shots in quick succession. Fury apparently floored him in the amateurs, there a video floating about. price won the fight tho

0 |

Obviously he is doing the rounds at the minute with nailed on wins, but in terms of British heavy weights and physicality Anthony Joshua looks like an absolute monster compared to many others.

0 |

Yeah he's an impressive physical specimen no doubt. I'm still not sure he a natural boxer, thin he started at 18. I had him losing 1 maybe 2 fights at the Olympics, some suspect scoring in them fights. But he defo a prospect for the brtis

0 |

should have said natural fighter.

0 |

Prizefighter tonight - James Toney lol

0 |

haha

i used to love toney. Great boxer. He must be a about 50 now and about 20 stone lol

0 |

Heaviest fighter to ever weigh in for prizefighter. I loved the cunt too would love him to win here

0 |

Fuck he looked sharp enough there. 45 lol

0 |

He needs subtitles fs

0 |

He still got the class and skill even tho physically he has deteriorated.

he is the sort who does 12 rounds every day sparring of he is in the gym. his spars on YouTube are funny. Pure trash talk. Goes hard as fuck, no prisoners.

He's suffering bad punch drunk now tho.

0 |

what was his original fighting weight?

0 |

pretty sure it was middleweight he started out at.

He was wild with the yolo'ing in the weight. Crazy cuts to make weight back then

0 |

Anyone see Eubank Jrs knock out uppercut last night? POW!

0 |

You telling me I turned it off about 30 seconds left in the 6th round and missed a big KO? Ha

0 |

Yes you did haha ... Can't find a working link though. Was clinical and brutal. Think your man Borg ( is that his name? ) was taken to hospital sadly.

The contrast in the atmosphere at that last night, and most Ch5 boxing nights, in comparison to the Frampton fights is amazing.

0 |

the fight on channel 5 looked like it was held in a leisure centre

0 |

1(.Y.Y.)

0 |