Choose a discussion

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto postponed again fs -http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-if-berto-t-make-june-23-ill-move-on--50407

0 |

I think that's how my cousin knows him.

0 |

Heard some singing of the Billy boys, twice. Once out in corridor and once when crowd was leaving. Didn't let it spoil my night. Plenty of stand up for the Ulster men. Atmosphere was great. Got down early for the McCullough fight, impressive performance from him imo.
Hope Frampton gets his title shot soon.

0 |

You were in the middle of the singing Glennzer! McCullough fight was the best of the night.

0 |

Haha too right!!
No Billy boys from me, I got myself away from it asap.
Yeah agreed, very good fight.

0 |

Cannot find a stream for the Frampton fight anywhere. Can anyone help please?

0 |

www.dailymotion.com/vi...

0 |

Was there myself and heard plenty of Billy Boys, especially on the way out. Doesn't bother me, but I don't think songs like that need to be sung at a boxing match.

Class night all round though.

0 |

Theres no need for that nonsense at a boxing match. I am a big Frampton fan but that type of shite would put me off going to see him which is a real pity

0 |

Last weekend i was in Edinburgh, Munster had played that day and lost. In an Irish pub and the Fields of Athenry breaks out with the "oh baby let the free birds fly" did i get offended, no i sung the song and left that shite out of it.
Moral of the story stop being so easy to offend or people like that win, anyone who was there for the boxing had no interest at all, unfortunately you had people there for a piss up and just along with there mates.

0 |

Agreed Glenn.

0 |

Don't think Fields of Athenry talks about being up to your neck in Protestant blood.

0 |

That's because the huns would batter them all

0 |

no it doesnt, dont recall saying anywhere that it did. But if you want to read again and try and take the point i was making.

0 |

Why would you be offended by Fields of Athenry?

0 |

i wasnt hence me singing the actual song not the bit being sung in between that i mentioned. You keep trying there

0 |

That and the Billy Boys aren't comparable.

0 |

ok m8

0 |

Any one taking offence at this needs to take a wise. Have you been to any other boxing show with catholic fighters, full on irish fest, tri colours songs the lot. At the same time i see nothing wrong with it but he from tigers bay so what you expect.

Tbf most fighters shy away from all that over here.

0 |

Flash - dry your sleeve, you glipe

0 |

stop being sensible baz just get offended that is what you are supposed to do.

Love how a minority of folk are supposed to spoil it for everyone else. Place was a sell out ffs.

0 |

You're going to watch two men knock the clean fuck out of each other. How can anyone paying to see violence be offended by clampets singing whatever?

0 |

I wouldnt be offended just wouldnt want to listen to that muck

0 |

some people like to be offended mf, or have something to complain about the 'other side'

0 |

LOL aye thats what it is Glenn - I couldnt give a fuck what was sung I wouldnt be offended but I would rather not listen to it because it only has place sung at a bonfire on the 11th night. Why defend it? Its a boxing match not a football game. Frampton is a quality fighter who doesnt give a fuck about anyones side considering he boxed in Newington fs so these ball bags who are singing that muck arent really representing him.

0 |

you couldnt give a fuck yet have mentioned it twice already about it putting you off? Weird
are you asking me about it defending it? I am unsure as i have no idea where i am supposed to have defended it

0 |

Wee raged out Tonzer.

0 |

it'll not be putting me off in the slightest. hopefully if/when he gets to world title level he still fights in belfast once a year.

0 |

seems you're offended tonzer m8 lol

You have a pretty valid point tho with your last sentence tho.

0 |

never mind this vomit anyway - did anyone watch the alvarado vs provodnikov fight? it was a cracker. some result.

0 |

Course his last point is valid, like i said people who were there for the boxing first and foremost were not involved but you had ones there for a piss up and the fight was just part and parcel of their night out

0 |

yeah i watched it yesterday mf, well most of it. Good fight indeed

0 |

Im not annoyed at all lol I wasnt there fs. Just saying that it would put people off. Great fighter though I have no doubt that he wont win a world title. He really has his feet on the ground to - would love to see him fight Quigg. Kiko Martinez though seems to be the path they would want to go down and who could blame them after the wonder KO he had against him.

0 |

On the subject of what you just said Glenn, I know of a few lads who went up (think they paid £50 for tickets) and just stood outside the arena at the bars drinking, ended up only seeing one round of Frampton's fight. Absolute tubes.

0 |

Half the crowd there haven't a clue or watch the boxing ryan. Just blow in's.

Watched that fight MF, great brawl

0 |

Well can you calm down your posts Tonzer - rage flying off them. It might put some people off but what i, and others, are saying is you would be stupid to let it.

Aye Ryan, absolutely stupid. They should have just paid for box nation and got a carry out

0 |

That's my 3rd Frampton fight and the 3rd time I've left completely buzzing. Great nights entertainment.

Uppa Hatchetmen !!

0 |

Fido - were you part of a crowd of 30 odd crues men who were on the tear all day?

0 |

No mf. Although I know a couple ones that were.

0 |

i had no idea "oh baby let the free birds fly" was offensive. can you explain, Glennzer ? or were you just trying to make the point?

0 |

I think he was talking about the 'fuckkaa queeen' 'IRA' that follows tbf..

0 |

Was at the last frampton fight against kiko and some of the crowd could do with locking up. Fighting breaking out amongst people in the hall way etc

0 |

Its pretty straightforward. A crowd of 9,000 anywhere in the UK or Ireland is going to have a fair amount of Dickheads at it.

0 |

Has anyone been watching the progress of the Ireland team in the World Championships? 4 Boxers already in the QF's and another 3 to fight today including Paddy Barnes. Michael Conlon was by far and away the best performer so far absolutely blowing away opponents. You can catch the fights on Eurosport

0 |

It doesnt happen very often but Fido is exactly right - there are dickheads at all these big events now seemingly. Martin Rogan vs Sam Sexton was the worst - seen some bird heel some fella in the face and at least 20 fights either at the bar or in the arena.

0 |

can't remember the main event the last time I went (before the weekend there).... No wait, was that big lanky gypsy fella. That was the worst time I ever seen for crowd fights at any boxing. Squad of gypsys a few rows in front of us biting lumps out of each other.

Clearly only a small minority of clowns there at the weekend, wouldn't let it ruin it for me. Still one of the best atmospheres I have seen in Belfast for anything ever. Big lawd in the row in front of me shook my hand as he was leaving and said to me, 'I think themmuns in front of me are fenians....' I just laughed it off, hardly worth getting offended over, I was chanting Stand up for the Ulster men like fuck :)

Also Kings Hall > Odyssey for the baxin

0 |

'I think themmuns in front of me are fenians....'

Jesus - do people really still go about getting on like that. Maybe he was trying to suss out if you were a fenian. Laughing = fenian. Sussed.

0 |

Paddy Barnes into the OF's KO in the first round

0 |

CM_C it is pretty sad that someone said that.

Fido - Its pretty straightforward. A crowd of 9,000 anywhere in the UK or Ireland is going to have a fair amount of Dickheads at it. <--THIS

0 |

Can't believe you were trying to scrap with me outside Glennzer, what with my injury n all. All to impress some bird. First it was inside with the Billy Boys and then trying to hit an invalid outside.

You've changed.

0 |

People have a right to be offended by the sectarian idiots who persist in Northern Ireland surely. It shouldn't be 'expected' anywhere, actually the opposite.

0 |