Choose a discussion

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto postponed again fs -http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-if-berto-t-make-june-23-ill-move-on--50407

0 |

Fuck me a boxer getting hit - he must be shite baz your right. What the fuck are you on about? A steady decline? Since when? Yeah he wasn't at his absolute best against cotto but fuck me cotto was a multi world champ in his own right. He has hardly lost a round in his last 5 fights. Sport is about opinions and in mine he is without doubt in the top 2 or 3 best fighters of all time.

0 |

Who is the best fighter of our generation then baz in you

0 |

your opinion?

0 |

I'm out

0 |

Ricky Hatton imo

0 |

Darren Corbet if Im really honest tho

0 |

only properly followed boxing since around the time of mayweather v hatton but id say mayweathers best ive seen, definitely smartest ive seen. the way he uses his left shoulder blocking that whole side of his face i think is quality, has anyone else ever fought like that? or done it so effectively? im not saying hes better than roy jones etc because ive never properly seen them. but if he uses this 6 fight contract properly i.e fight pacquaio, alvarez, get a few knockout wins along the way, then i think he'll deserve a place as one of the best of all time

0 |

Roy jones ? Are you fucking serious?

0 |

He's lost at least 7 or 8 fights - they aren't even in the same league

0 |

You said like a man who never watched Roy jones never mind see him around his 10 year domination. also your response is funny about jones. yeah one of the greatest defensive fighters ever never mind one of the best offensive fighters and entertaining to boot. Never got touched until he got old and got sparked. def the greatest athletic talent the sport seen no doubt about that. fastest for sure.

Was going to debate with ya earlier tonzer m8 but you sound like a massive floyd fanboi, have a fear it feel like I'm in the Liverpool thread lol

0 |

how the hell has losing 7/8 fights past 35 not in the same league? lol

He clearly talking prime. I'm amazed you are writing him off.

sure write off every other great fighter who lost past it.

0 |

Guerrero would flatten Broner

0 |

Haye's on ESPN doing a great job of building up this upcoming Klitschko fight.. 'he has more chance of beating Usain Bolt in 100 metres than beating Vladimir tonight'

That's me sold.

0 |

lol yeah baz thats what it is i never watched roy jones fight lol wtf

0 |

Jones was a beast there is no doubt but the divisions that mayweather came through were far more competitive IMO - floyd as i said before is in the top 2 or 3 of all time - jones wouldnt make the top 10

0 |

klitchkos entrances are always mint - this most likely wont last 5 rounds. Heres hoping tho

0 |

Unreal the amount of money involved in these types of fights between the buildup, promo, pay packets, all the glitz and glamour, Tv revenues, Micheal Buffer and for what?

A total one sided wank fest lasting a few minutes.

0 |

lol he is Ivan Drago

0 |

Mayweather is not in the top 3 ya rocket.

ring mag done a vote and at the moment they got jones and floyd both beside each other. if floyd was to get sparked then his stock would drop immensely. Same happened to jones.

I remember Claude's Abraham of boxing news editor having jones top 3 when he won a heavyweight title. Stock dropped dramatically 2 fights later when he got KO'd. no matter what people think of Ruiz that was a massive achievement. jones problem was he was too good. when he fought Toney, james was ranked no1 P4P and jones was the underdog and ended up winning all 12 rounds. he was that good at that time.

I'm not claiming any one better but when you're talking about these type of fighters at that level, talking of not in the same league is nonsense. they totally dominated in their generations.

I obviously like jones a bit more because of his more flashy style and generally being more offensive.

0 |

this is already more entertaining that the wlad haye fight

0 |

is wlad fighting,

0 |

He's lamping the head of him lol

0 |

fuck me baz are you not allowed an opinion lol - sugar ray said hes in his top 5 best fighters of all time so that will do for me ;)

0 |

see the purse for the povetkin fight 25 million - a decent nights work ;)

0 |

You are, just don't write it like that again RIGHT lol

loads of fighters fought the philly shell TM, he def one of the best at it

0 |

pianeta is getting stuck in here

0 |

If TMT finish like he is now, perfect, 50/50 it would be hard to argue though no? You'd know a lot more than me Baz but fuck Ibe never even seen him look close to in trouble, not a black eye. Even that Mosley thing was blown out of proportion simply cause its so strange to see

0 |

big loaded russian bankrolled this, must fancy him to win, he need to at that purse

0 |

hahaha - haye fight was an absolute farce. at least this cunt is getting stuck in

0 |

my mate utah backing me up - good man ;)

0 |

Im going to stick rocky 4 on after this fight

0 |

seen him in trouble before, tough fights people tend to not remember because they jumped on the bandwagon when he hit the top.

that corrales fight is the best you ever see him.

Not blowing the mosley thing out of proportion. Just an observation and from some of his other fights, his reflexes aren't as fast and his legs are slower. it s natural thing to be expected. His punch output way down but his accuracy around 60% a fight so he's more effective that way.

I'm not claiming he's finished, just saying he not getting better. That defeats the laws of nature.

0 |

fuck me so hes being marked down for being rocked in a fucking boxing fight? JESUS.

0 |

ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

0 |

Agreed with the Corrales one but my favourite is the Gatti fight, it's proper torture

0 |

who said that? Im talking few other fights. what i've said is fact, not sure why you think he's getting better lol

watch him fight, he not as sharp as in the past, it happens when you get old.

you prob have to drop the intense fanboism first to notice it lol

0 |

didnt even know there was a name for it baz. he should definitely attack more, boxing more than most other sports is about how you win, not just winning, but he makes defence entertaining and everytime he steps into the ring reminds you of just how good he is. getting rocked by mosley was a shock, but both times he managed to stay up and fought his way out of it eventually. has to be remembered that hes never been down and saw an interview where he says he holds the record for being hit less than any other boxer, no idea how thats worked out though?? a KO win tonight would do a lot to stop those saying hes getting worse, i havent noticed it but im no boxing expert

0 |

Hahaha - his calibre of opponents in the few years has been at the top of the foodchain and he's still winning with ease. This will be his toughest test tonight - I love Gurrero he's quality. Are you staying up to watch it baz?

0 |

What channel Mayweather on?

0 |

aye im going to watch it.

think he take every round but guerrero will make a fight of it.

reason why he's a southpaw so be eating lead rights all night.

0 |

atdhe1.ne for links muzak, always spot on for me

0 |

It's on box nation. Can't wait for it to be fair - will be class. Floyd will always split opinion. Nobody can deny tho he's great fucking tv

0 |

i love him, great drama and skill you can really admire

0 |

No doubt

0 |

Yous boys on the monkey?

0 |

Floyd 4/7 to win on points - that's a great price

0 |

wiped out mate, feeling the love

0 |

What time is he due in the ring our time ?

0 |

Malanaggi vs broner -- be a good scrap.

0 |

Amount of times I've watched a fight wiped to the back teeth and then read about it on Monday, turned about to be nearly a different sport than I fight I think I remember in my head

0 |