Choose a discussion

Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto postponed again fs -http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-if-berto-t-make-june-23-ill-move-on--50407

0 |

Really looking forward to Marquez vs pacquiao - hope to fuck marquez gets the result because he has been robbed so many times. 15 lids is fucking dear tho especially after that shite hatton card but needs must !!!

0 |

just steam it then. surprised its on box office.

robbed the wrong wording Imo. Marquez is juiced to the balls as well for this fight.

I actually think manny will win this one well. there actually not logic behind my reasoning tho, just a feeling lol

0 |

Were do you stream fights baz ?

0 |

atdhe1 should do the job. always been decent for a stream. check it out

0 |

Mon Brian Magee lad :)

0 |

He's been beaten up here

0 |

Ah well

0 |

That was worth watching ffs

0 |

he had zero chance of a win

0 |

Thought he would have put up a bit of a fight. So does that mean Kessler is gonna fight ward now?

0 |

no one touching ward around that weight.

if I was froch is try and get Kessler over to England for a massive fight. would do really well and attract great interest.

0 |

Well froch wants Kessler and if he wins want to fight ward. But he has the rematch against bute and also has a mandatory challenger

0 |

unless Kessler goes to America can't see the ward fight happening.

some potential fights out there on paper

0 |

Ward will only fight in America. Froch and Kessler will happen in England

0 |

Also watched Eubank Jrs fight and DeGales on Ch 5 ... both were excellent i thought. DeGale seems to have changed his public persona to a much more likeable chap, top performance from him earlier I thought.

0 |

Holy shit.

0 |

Thought Marquez was a goner too.

0 |

one of the best fights and ko's ive ever seen. was genuinely worried about pac at the end there!

0 |

Anyone got a stream to the highlights - I fell asleep last night fs

0 |

Just watched it - holy fuck

0 |

bet floyd be pushing for a manny fight now

0 |

Marquez is a beast. Awful night for Irish boxing - Magee, hyland, and O'kane all beaten :(

0 |

Manny doesn't deserve the fight with mayweather after losing his last 2. Although theres probably more chance of it happening as mayweather will get the 70-30 split that he wanted. No way manny will get 50-50

0 |

lets be honest, the 50/50 wasn't the problem with that one lol

floyd hasn't took a proper hard fight in I don't know how long. he prob push for Marquez again which is pointless as in reality he shouldn't be fighting these people.

no such thing as deserving a shot at floyd once he took that Judah fight and called it a big fight that the public wanted after Judah to lost his belt that time.

the fight last night actually went the way of pictured a manny/floyd fight with regards to the knockout. his right would land all night long

0 |

I agree with you bax but Floyd can only beat who they put in front of him. If he wants to fight the best he should fight Guerrero next

0 |

*baz

0 |

Couple of REAL scalps taken in the past 2 weeks. PacMan and Cotto.

I still want to see Mayweather/Manny though.

0 |

someone with his skills should really be challenging himself. it will really hurt him with the boxing historians. his best win for me was corrales. proper pound for pound top 10 fight and he destroyed him like a true champ.

0 |

If Froch and Kessler rematch happens in Nottingham i'll definitely be over at it. Thats the next fight I want to see.

0 |

Link to the fight for those who haven't seen it -----

0 |

wrong link is it not mate

0 |

Fuck sake lol

0 |

m.youtube.com/#/watch?... knockout

0 |

walked straight into it! pacs not the fighter he was 3 years ago..

0 |

He's done hulk - should retire

0 |

I'm not a fan of boxing, but I do want to see Mayweather get his balls kicked in, would hate to see that arrogant prick retire undefeated.

0 |

hes a legend wtf you on about

0 |

I'm on about the fact he's an arrogant cunt that could do with a good beating, that clear enough for you professor?

0 |

raz thats just not true that floyd never takes tough fights. how come when he dominates marquez after 2 years out of the ring that was too easy a fight then when manny fights him he gets credit for taking on such a great fighter? he fought shane mosley when mosley was 3rd highest pound for pound behind him and pac and then fought cotto after he had just came back and ko'd margarito. floyd makes his fights look easy, that doesnt mean they are

1 |

just don't know what to say back to you mate. if you can't see the flaws in your points i just don't know. manny gets credit because when marquez and manny get rated as boxers they be rated at divisions they were natural at and were the best. manny best work was retiring barrera and morales, 2 legends, not smashing up oscar and hatton tho cotto was a great stoppage win in my books.

Name me a fight that actually challenged mayweather ability and standing as the king this last while? He beat a cotto on points who got beat well by a blown up light featherweight.

want to get something straight, i'm not running flloyd down as he amazing boxer, top 3 greatest defensive boxer ever for sure, but he really ain't had the proper fights in years. mosley? who got beat 5 fights i think and was 38 ? at the time. that's not a big win, that's just a big name on the resume considering he was a shadow from his big breakout win against dela hoya.

and another thing i know he makes his fights easy but i'm talking about actually fighting live opponents. he should be cementing his legacy at his age, challenging himself at a higher weight the way manny etc have done. you look thru history from duran to leonard, robinson etc they have done the same thing, its what you do when you're top and no one's about the division, you don't take fights with ortiz or marquez (at a catchweight i must add, wtf?) types, its not how its works. just go on any boxing forum or listen to any expert on it and they say the same thing. not about cherry picking your way thru your career, it's about having them stand out fights which i'm afraid he ain't got in the latter part of his career.this last while since he jumped from super feather which is the only real time he properly cleaned that division in my eyes, outstanding domination back then. example of what im talking about is when he took a judah fight after he lost against Carlos Baldomir and basically said it was a proper unification fight. that's bollocks in my book.

and i want to stress i'm a neutral boxing fan, i call it as i see it. only boxers i'm bias to is johnny tapia, naz and roy jones

0 |

shane mosley was sitting at 3rd in the pound for pound rankings when floyd fought him, making that the biggest fight he could have taken at the time except from pac. mosley had just got 2 ko wins over mayorga and margarito and then in the fight he shook floyd twice. and in comparison pacquaio fought mosley after floyd had beat him and then he drew with mora, so a much easier fight once pacquaio got round to him

marquez was sitting at 2nd in the pound for pound rankings behind pacquaio when he fought mayweather. again making him the toughest fight mayweather could take behind pac. and he did this after taking 2 years out of boxing. they fought at a catch weight of 144, marquez weighed in at 142 and mayweather at 146. after mayweather completely dominated the fight people said the weight made it an easy fight.. for last nights fight marquez weighed in at 143 and pacquaio weighed in at 147, so the same difference in weight, and marquez knocks out pac.

cotto had came back from his defeat to pacquaio and got 3 TKO wins, one of which was against margarito so he was looking very strong coming into the fight with floyd, and that carried through into their fight. cotto had always been hailed as a major challenger to floyd so to criticise floyd for fighting him really isnt fair

0 |

i basically said he not challenging himself, can't see where i'm wrong here.

mosley got that rating off one win of margarito win.

i'm not running people down here, im just calling it as it is and he ain't has close to the great wins as he should this last while. a lot of that could be down to the who about at the weight at the moment but when that happens you move up for them big wins that cement your legacy. look thru history every great in most divisions has done the same thing, they've moved up looking fresh challengers who are the best at there weight.

he far too talented and athletic to be fannying about not taking real fights, he too good for just fighting for a paycheck and what makes numbers. these last years have been his peak in ways, im talking more in how he be ranked with all the greats and legends, not just at the P4P at this time. he hasn't done enough IMO. in boxing terms he prob one punch away from his statue dropping immensely the way it happened to jones, and jones was a more dominating fighter in the ring until his dose of reality happened in one punch.

0 |

im not talking about how he can prove himself, im just saying that he has taken tough fights. when your weight class has people from the top 5 P4P in it and you fight them that cant really be called taking an easy fight. he fought marquez at pretty much the exact same weights and weight differences as manny did last night and marquez showed that he is a top quality boxer at that weight. maybe people will now look back at floyds result vs him and realise how good that was.

On cementing his place in history I think that floyd has to fight pacquaio, so i think floyd should take a tune up fight in may, hope pacquaio beats marquez in a rematch around the same time and then they have the big fight in december. after that maybe a retirement fight for floyd vs alvarez in may 2014. if he did all that he'd have to go down as a great. doesnt need to go up a weight and fight martinez etc

0 |

you are really underrating weights in boxing. manny and marquez shouldn't be at floyd's weight considering how far they have jumped. you are talking 7/8 weights. these aren't fights that cement floyd legacy.

i won't certainly won't rank marquez win as a great win, no chance at all. this is a guy who was king at featherweight, took a fight at Floyd at catch weight. there was zero chance he can beat Floyd, he's beat in every angle from the start, cant think of something he's better than Floyd at. that fight that proved nothing at all.

I'm prob coming across wrong here, i'm i still buzzing off of this united win lol floyd an all time great in my book, no doubt about it. just think he should be going for them great iconic wins that lace all the greatest boxer records. he just not at it right now and i wish he would do it as in my eyes he wasting so much talent. we not see a better defensive technician in maybe 10 years, whitaker took mandate, then jones ans now floyd. can't see any one at the moment close to these defensive skills.

not arguing with ya mate or saying anyone right, just my opinion on the way i would rate things against every one else

0 |

#other#

prob more mistakes in there ha

0 |

What did you all think of the Khan fight? I held my breath every time he took a punch. But say what you like about his supposed flaws, coming forward he is very entertaining.

0 |

Watching him now i cant help but think he could get floored at any second, with anybody. I don't think think he'll ever win another title. If Garcia takes a rematch he wins again

0 |

It was an easy fight, Molina looked 2 weight.classes smaller than him and a rep as a light puncher made his punches.never trouble Khan even when he did catch.him

0 |

www1.skysports.com/box...

jesus wept

0 |

Really looking forward to the Frampton fight now, got my tickets sorted today. Although given the card and the crowds heading from all over the place I'm a bit sceptical of trouble on the night. But fuck it - just hope I'm wrong, won't ruin my night.

0 |