Choose a discussion

Going to see this tomorrow:

www.queensfilmtheatre....

:-)

0 |

Villeneuve knocks it out of the park again it would seem, after the incredible Sicario & Arrival this was pretty much a certain... If only Ridley would've handed over the reigns of Aliens to someone else he's gone all fucking Lucas tbh

0 |

He hasn't went full Lucas - that would involve remaking Alien with CGI Xenos playing in a jazz band and adding a few trade federation embargoes

0 |

Maybe wait til after RJ

0 |

Sicario is shite though

0 |

It Comes At Night. 8/10. Great wee grim horror.

0 |

Awful film.. Nothing happens from the start right to the end. You guessed it shite pure shite

1 |

Watched 'Hush' last night after seeing it had a pretty amazing 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Absolute dung. First half hour was nothing but a blatant advert for Apple and shite, then the rest of the film was not only shite, but also really annoying due to all the stupid sequences and fillers. Typical contrived bollocks that the critics seem to love stroking their beards to these days.

0 |

Watched 'A cure for wellness' last night.....whut! Also watched 'The Dark Tower'......shite.

0 |

Fuckin Shite

0 |

Lotta shite films bein reviewed here

2 |

Loved Bladerunner 2049. Was definitely not shite. 8.76/10

0 |

Watched Jaws the other night with the 5y.o. & 6y.o. fuck me what an awesome movie and proper lolz to be had when the head popped outa the boat and the kids near shat themselves

0 |

^--- scarred for life.

0 |

Saw Jaws in cinema in Wales when it was released...fam hols so we all went and my Da argued the case for bringing my younger brother. Said brother was given sweets and popcorn and ice cream to settle in with. When the head appeared it was only my Da's quick reaction that stopped baby bro heading right over the balcony! Poor sods below got a food shower though.

0 |

they now love the "chompy" the shark movie once i showed them some making off clips after the film to show them that it wasn't real.. i watch a lot of nature/science shows with the kids so they know all about Great whites but we all have memories of that "head in a boat" scene from Jaws from our childhood, so i thought id give em to mine.. Dawn of the Dead up next....

0 |

Jesus! Brawl in Cell Block 99. Jesus. Fuck. I feel sick. Last 40 minutes is fucking brutal.

0 |

No need.

0 |

I couldn’t get past the beginning terrible cast and resulting acting. Shocked at the half decent reviews it got

0 |

The Meyerowitz Stories.

Enjoyable enough Baumbach film. Don't be put off by the fact Adam Sandler is in it.

6.5/10

0 |

A Bad Day For The Cut

Cardboard Gangsters

Two enjoyable wee irish flicks.

0 |

Wax Fingers • 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
I couldn’t get past the beginning terrible cast and resulting acting. Shocked at the half decent reviews it got

Rotten Tomatoes, by any chance?

0 |

U do know rotten tomatoes get scores by trawling film critics online.

0 |

Hang on wax. Did you watch the whole thing?

0 |

Yeah, but they're critics review scoring has gone to the dogs massively lately. It used to be pretty decent.

0 |

Back when you agreed with the scores it was decent, but now that you don't, it's gone to the dogs?

0 |

That’s our opinion and it’s just as valid as a critic. Some would say the critics are professionals but I don’t.

0 |

* your opinion

0 |

I’ve watched 2 90%+ movies on rotten tomatoes. Mainly cast and plot annoyed me. I would say they were terrible movies, just not my cup of tea. Brawl in Cell block 99 is a low budget ultra violent Kung fu movie. It’s not a “beautiful mind”

0 |

* wouldn’t say the were terrible

0 |

TJ, I know being a petty annoyance on this board is all you've got in life, but if you gave up a tiny few seconds of your precious forumming time to do a quick search on it you'd see that there are plenty of articles also talking about how RT has gone downhill.

0 |

What makes you think being an annoyance is all I've got in life Takki? Seems like the default retort from some people when they get angry on here.

0 |

Cuz that's all you seem to do. You seem to be on here any time, day or night, when I log on and post. Straight in there with an attempt at being witty and smart. It would be funny if it wasn't so obsessive-compulsive. I just find it a bit sad now. Surely you've got other things you could be doing? What do you get out of it?

0 |

Lol, of course I'm often on here when you post, that's because you post significantly more frequently than me and almost every other poster. If anything your question shoukd be directed at yourself.

0 |

*should*

0 |

No mm made it to maybe 30 mins when he was just starting doing some crime

0 |

Downsizing (2017) - Official Trailer #2

0 |

Looks great that.

0 |

Yeah looks good

0 |

Thor Ragnarok - laughed throughout. Can't remember the plot 6/10.

0 |

Pilgrimage. 6.97/10. Not bad. There isn’t enough Irish movies from Middle Ages. Can’t think of another one.

0 |

Watched Legend last night - good show. Some double acting by Hardy. Only got 7.0 on IMDb which I was surprised about.

0 |

Good show indeed

0 |