Choose a discussion

Sun Holidays

Where's good for a bit of sun in the middle of March? Prefer to avoid complete tack if possible. Thanks.

0 |

Budget?

0 |

400-500

0 |

sahara is pretty sunny this time of the year... none of that tacky shit either

0 |

Malta

0 |

Yeah st julians malta is a nice spot and warm all year

0 |

Most places budget airlines fly to in Spain would suit. Canary Islands if you want it really hot.

Good thing is even if a part is known as tacky you travel few miles outside the resort and there will be plenty of quiet hotels that have mostly Spanish.

My advice is look at akyscanner and see what flights are cheap, book one then look at hotels in the main tourist areas and the surrounding areas. Go on trip adviser and find one with loads of good reviews with people saying its quiet and not many British people staying

0 |

Cheers. I'll have a look.

Is Malta any craic?

0 |

Lanzarote looks decent temperature wise.

0 |

sharm / hugharda

0 |

perth, WA

0 |

Perth on a 400 quid budget. Good luck

1 |

March for sun, you will need to go to canaries.

0 |

I was on Marbella end of march last year and was in mid 20s. Taps aff on beach weather

0 |

But to play safe I'd def go for canaries if you can get a decent deal

0 |

oops didnt read the budget post. fuckin cheapskates

0 |

Would much prefer Spain, just a wee bit changeable round then, wouldn't risk it tbh

0 |

Yeah because apart from the price a run to perth in the middle of march is a feasable option

0 |

depends how long you go for

0 |

Co. Tyrone!

0 |

Sun holiday and middle of march id say safe to assume week tops

0 |

Theres a resort strip type area in Malta, Paceville. Within walking distance from St Julians and does the normal free shots, pitchers of vodka and red bull, 10 drinks €10 type bars and clubs.

Theres a class cocktail and tapas place called Bar Celona that has 8hr happy hours with 2for1 cocktails €5 each.

0 |

Going to Malta in May, looking forward to it!

0 |

Egypt.

0 |

Italy? Going there too in May!

Depends how much sun you want. Tenerife etc

0 |

Heading off to Torremolinos/Malaga the week for a few days flights were dirt cheap. Just wondering if there is much life about it this time of the year and decent bars or restaurants to check out? Looks to be 17-19 whilst im there will do the job to get a break from this place.

0 |

Heading over in a few weeks for a stag myself someone told me to bring a coat lol never been to Spain this time of year don't believe I'll be needing a. Oat though

0 |

Coat*

0 |

I was there in February before and first time was shorts every day. Another year it was sunny but couple of days of rain. Malaga is proper city type that's busy all year because it's not just tourists so be plenty open. Torremilinos will be busy enough.

0 |

Has anyone noticed flights out of here especially at half terms or hollers are now scandalous for short breaks! In other news I'm thinking of debunking to Borneo in July....anyone been?

0 |

Saudi Arabia issuing tourist visas. Won't need a coat there I don't think.

0 |

Tell the missus to bring a headscarf though.

1 |

Yip Amsterdam and Berlin were crazy priced I thought and even Poland.

0 |

It seemed hat once Ryanair fecked up their ilots etc everyone else just doubled their prices. £200 to fly to Berlin mid Feb is nuts. £450 return to Kuala Lumpur for July is the win at the mo.

0 |

I was wondering last night if people still go to Torremolinos as you never hear about it much. Guess they do :P

I too wanted to go away in March, thinking of Florida. But maybe just wait til May when Europe warms up

0 |

All about the Tanareefy

0 |

Anyone been to Santorini?

0 |

Yeah, it’s beautiful

0 |

You can sunbathe during the day in Malaga, need a coat in the evening just.

0 |

The reason we probably don't hear much about Torremolinos any more is probably due to it being the gay capital of Spain now! To our misfortune and many others at the hotel we found this out and there was probably only 2 irish bars that we could go too. Then we ventured to Benameldina big mistake also scary place loads of call girls and pimps around trying to roofie everyone and mug them.

0 |

Gay capital? I was there few years ago and was mostly families and local Spanish people. Not high season though, was in feb

1 |

Was complete ymca, pet shop boys carry on, 3 of us just about caught on when we were in the Amsterdam bar, then had it confirmed by a German couple who said it has changed big time in the last 5 years. It usually wouldn't bother us if it was like home were there is loads of women in those types of bars but there really wasn't!

0 |

When in Rome dufunk....

2 |

...get bummed by a hairy drag queen

1 |

It was American Pie 3 and the Hangover 2 rolled into one. Was a few times we thought about doing a Stiffler but my moves would of been to much for them.

1 |

Love the 'When in Rome' phrase, especially in situations like this lol

1 |

dufunk • 5 hours, 24 minutes ago
Then we ventured to Benameldina big mistake also scary place loads of call girls and pimps around trying to roofie everyone and mug them.

Ahh ffs Dufunk don’t be telling me that, we just booked a cheapie there with the kids, got the flights of AirLingus for £430 and a cracking rooftop AirBnB 3 bed penthouse for £800, only reason were going there is because it is a: close to the airport, b: were a street from the beach and close to the big park and aquarium so at least theres plenty for the kids to do if I can keep them outa the hands of pumps and dealers, but I Trip advisored the place and the reviews put as a typical costa resort, cheap and cheerful

0 |

bumming i dont mind so much

1 |

Pm sent

3 |

I was there rj and saw no prossies. I was round the marina and it was sweet. The only melt was people asking if you wanted to come in for food

0 |

Don't get me wrong its a lovely area and takes the piss out of Ibiza, during the day you will love it. Its just at night in peak season esp you have to watch if your on stag doo's or that but thats Spain in general esp when the delboy's and Moroccans come in.

0 |