Choose a discussion

Looks like the North will be the place to be tomorrow:

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/17/basis00/ukuk/prty/13011818_1700.gif

Unless of course, you hate snow.

0 |

hard to argue on this one, humanity is very complex and I dont think anyone of my knowleedge has an exact realisation of what makes us humans and what is our purpose in terms of the whole universe. Personally think that we have the complexity to enhance our knowledge and capability in a continuous manner but imo this is being held back by a number of forces

Society now is shit - war, pollution, famine etc arent something I think most humans should be proud of yet we are in a society were none will take responsibility or promote change in a more positive manner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

0 |

Nature had fuck all to do with the disappearance of civilisations bar the big wave that wiped out Atlantis it was mainly man that done the dirty deed

0 |

Where you there?

0 |

Were*

0 |

Really RJ. Are you trolling or being serious?

0 |

I got got by my own fs

0 |

Clearly, RJ is being deadly serious here.
Karl, for the vast majority of people life in the 20th/21 century has been a massive improvement of the lives of those before.

War, famine, pollution and disease drive development.

0 |

Massive improvement that is not sustainable given the explosion in our population numbers and resource usage.

0 |

In some cases this is true pavlov. But say in the last 30/40 years, what has came about that has and will improve the success of mankind. imo alot of development in terms of alternative fuels, medicines, space travel etc are being held back in some cases as they arent in the interest of those in control

current war is being used to control resources such as oil, I cant see any benefit from this on any level

The last 30/40 years has seen the average person having their lifes benefiting from smaller phones, internet, easier ways of communication etc but most of these are tools that make us easier to manage

0 |

kev - would you say man kind in relation to planet earth, is good bacteria or bad bacteria

0 |

It's more than just oil. Africa is a resource haven for modern technology and holds the key to import shipping in the horn of africa and also a great militatry post. Resources and military strategic positioning. And ther eis no end in sight. China and the US are locking horns in another arms race as we speak.

0 |

Ha!

Virus is a fitting term..

0 |

I dont remember it being this bad in late march when i was a kid. Has it changed that much in 20 odd years?

0 |

Erratic weather has increased at an alarming rate all over the world over the last 20 odd years.

0 |

Sure they'll stick some show on soon telling us that in the fell winter of 1532 we had snow in May therefore everything is fine really, just a little blip innit

0 |

It seems like in uk and ireland, kev. But suppose snow and cold wouldnt annoy you when you're younger.

0 |

I remember 5 years ago just before Easter having a picnic up at the zoo in shorts and tshirt. Scorcher of a day at end of march

0 |

I love bitta the old science. Fuck it lets rape the earth and hope science will build her a bionic fanny in few hundred years and everyone can ride til the end of time.

Meteors are the answer. They will hit earth wiping out millions and they'll bring a new high energy fuel within their alien composition that we can replicate and harness

0 |

Pics of bionic fanny?

0 |

snowing like fuck here

0 |

Robominge hasn't been created in but it's what science is striving towards.

0 |

Last year Scotland had its warmest ever March. Fucking snow.

0 |

any snow anywhere yet?

0 |

Yes

0 |

yes

0 |

no sign in bt9

was hopin for a day off tomo

0 |

bt-nein

0 |

Fucking power keeps tripping here

0 |

Took the day off...fucked if I'm heading into the city centre without being sure about getting home later

0 |

Me too. Also have man flu so no way am I tackling that

0 |

3 meetings in my calendar today and boss flying over as well....no chance I'm getting the day off

0 |

wish I'd taken the day off, city is a mess with slush

0 |

Its chicken oriental out there, i was falling asleep and at eleven there was nothing to report, now its like alaska out there

0 |

Went out and started scraping the snow off the car. Then the snow started coming down heavy again and I could hear a few sirens going in th ebackground. AT that stage I thought fuck it, not worth the risk.
We have remote working though, and although I can't do everything from home, it still means working a fair bit. Albeit with my feet up and the TV on.

0 |

No snow in BT14, 15 and 36. I promise

0 |

I've lit the fire been to the shop for essentials. Hibernate time

0 |

Had a BBQ this time last year.

Don't think I'll see snow but the wind would CUT YE

0 |

Coming down in a blizzard here

0 |

Messages done last night, enough red wine to ride this one out. *heating on permanent*

0 |

No snow in BT36? lol.

0 |

Just awaiting the internal email to say fuck off back home, mallusk is blizzard conditions just waiting on the wolves coming down from the hills

0 |

Im unbelievably jealous of nik. Sounds amazing.

0 |

None whatsoever lol I'd do anything to be lying in bed :(

0 |

How big must BT36 be? Cus that's where I am and it's, as RJ says, like a blizzard!

0 |

I'm bt36 and its about two inches deep and increasing

0 |

Completely snowed in. can't even get down our hill.

da doesn't even have a spare jeep to use fs.

On the plus side my car on the road so might still be able to get that Indian later tonight.

0 |

Flying in from London to international later before driving til northwest

What's Antrim like for snow?
Is the glenshane opened?

0 |

The russians wil have a good laugh if the match is called off they play in this every wk, none in north west again!

0 |

Power went off in work. Came on again at one minute to 9.

0 |

Feet soaking in work here. Snow is shit.

0 |