Choose a discussion

Looks like the North will be the place to be tomorrow:

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/17/basis00/ukuk/prty/13011818_1700.gif

Unless of course, you hate snow.

0 |

Oh aye we are fucked - afaik not only is CO2 production increasing but the rate at which it is increasing is still increasing. Is it wrong that a little part of me is pleased that I could live to see the end of the world as we know it? :/

0 |

you already have

0 |

Never mind co2, methane levels are going through the roof aswell. Mostly through the polar caps melting.

0 |

you can't get em back

0 |

But again, it's nature taking course with a shove from us. Adapt or die :¬]

0 |

Yes you can. When the earth freezes again in that region.

0 |

The mad thing is that future generations are going to hate their ancestors; especially our generations because we knew and did fuck all really.

0 |

Did someone say dragons?

0 |

The biggest problem for most of the human race is how stagnate we have became compared to our hunter gatherer ancestors. It's all about how you prepare for it. That is the biggest problem. It's was all coming, one way or the other. The earth goes thorugh freezes and temprature rises naturally.

0 |

Can you explain how we have become stagnate compared to our ancestors? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

0 |

Ach sure if some enterprising organisms hadn't tried their hand at photosynthesis all those years ago, they would never have polluted the atmosphere with oxygen and caused this whole complex life kerfuffle in the first place. Not our fault imo.

0 |

Come on now lads its only a bit of snow. No need to be getting all apocalyptic on us. The sun will be out in a couple of weeks. Chill.

0 |

WayneFuckinDtoday @ 2:43 p.m. Did someone say dragons?

Yes, in a Nordic accent in a slightly curious fashion

0 |

The world's foremost confectionary only Fleetwood Mac tribute band has spoken.

0 |

Ye must be dovahkiin.

0 |

DRAGON SHOUT!!!!!

0 |

Set in one place. Hard for people in our way of life to adapt to big change.

0 |

We don't have to adapt to big change as our ancestors did, unlike them we see it coming and are already working on ways to stop or adapt to it. I'm moving in with Dennis Quaid when the shit goes down.

0 |

At this point it doesn't even feel like there is going to be a drastic change, it's just going to be rainy and shit from here on in. Last summer was awful but at least there were a few nice weeks around this time.

0 |

I'm not following what you're saying Kev. Our ancesterors were better prepared for big changes? Can you give an example of how they were, and how we aren't?

0 |

Kev, you see they're doing a UK version of that Doomsday Preppers show...?

0 |

How about this for an argument, Kev.

Humans have reached a point where they no longer need to physiologically change to affect their evolutionary advances. Through communication, our evolution is played out in our systems, technologies and ideas; outside of the individual, in one constantly adapting global consciousness.
While an individual human may not appear to be evolving, humanity as a whole is evolving at a pace that could not be matched by natural processes.

0 |

Is that a copy and paste mmurray? I'd totally agree with that btw. 100%

0 |

Not a copy and paste, I'm just eloquent as fuck.

0 |

Aye, if I tried to make that point it'd be something like "We don't need to have longer arms cus we made ladders, ye get me?"

0 |

A big fuck off asteroid hits and we'll see how adapted yer global consciousness is nai lolmirite?

0 |

Sure we'll nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure

0 |

I've been saying that for years Michael. The desirable criteria when searching for a mate is very different now to what it was 10,000 years ago and even as recently as 500 years ago. Evolution of the human race is an entirely different concept now. One that doesn't hinge so much on the human form itself.

0 |

I'd say that's a load of balls, mmurray. That's people that think they have one up on mother nature. Mother nature can swat us like a fly and we are due another catastrophic event.

We are so obsessed with luxury and reliant on globalization and set in our ways that many people won't know what to do with themselves if the shit hits the fan. Tie in the energy and economic crisis along with our increasingly erratic weather and it looks like we have problems on our horizon. Maybe not drastically in our lifetime, but things are going tits up, fast in key areas in our way of life.

0 |

Of course we are physiologically evolving... the natural environment is only one kind of external selective force driving human evolution. Retroviral infection alters the human geneome- some suggest as much as 10- 15% of our genome is viral in nature.

Epigenetic changes - environmental pressure altering gene expression can have transgeneration affects- one could argue the government austerity project is one big genetic experiment with the genome of the poor.

0 |

Changing genetically due to the environment is not darwinian evolution.

0 |

Also, people of old were much more intuitive to natural weather patterns. We rely on weathermen to tell us everything. We are desensitised through our industrialised way of life.

0 |

anyone else think the board went a bit 'methody debate club.'

2 |

Whatever happened to cky90k / meh_2011?

0 |

Yawn.

0 |

How far back do you think we should regress in order to survive?

0 |

"Also, people of old were much more intuitive to natural weather patterns."

Would be interested to see what evidence backs that up.

0 |

+1 Wayne

0 |

And Kev, we've been "getting on up on Mother Nature" for a while now. Our in tune ancestors were getting one up every time they lit a fire or chopped down a tree with a stone axe.

0 |

Mt granny always knew when it was gonna rain

1 |

I don't think its a matter of saying we're up on mother nature but we have a far better understanding of the environement we live and ways to prevent catastrophe than our non-HDTV owning ancestors...LOL @ life before HD

0 |

What plans have you put in place then, Kev?

0 |

organisms and their offspring change and mutate Wayne... nature selects

0 |

snowing in south armagh.

0 |

First rule of doomsday prepping: don't discuss your stash

0 |

Second rule: Enemas, just enemas...you work it out

0 |

I think Kev will use the predictions of a global network of climate scientists, the predictions themselves and their dissemination the result of tens of thousands of years of evolution in our understanding of communication and chemistry, to argue that technology has gone too far.

He'll go and build a cabin in the woods and regress to a time he only knows about through our highly evolved methods of communicating through the generations. He'll stand on the shoulders of giants, peer into their faces, and call them idiots.

1 |

What are you on about mmurray? When have i ever said that technology has gone too far? Also, it's not a matter of choosing to regress if things keep going the way it is going. We'll have no choice.

0 |

It could actually be a form of progress as we'll have to be more sparing with resources and move innovative with what we've got.

0 |

Also, of course we have been "getting on up on nature" for years. Hence why there has been so many civilisations that are confined to the history books.

0 |