Choose a discussion

Looks like the North will be the place to be tomorrow:

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/17/basis00/ukuk/prty/13011818_1700.gif

Unless of course, you hate snow.

0 |

Still pretty bad in newtownbreda.

0 |

Loads of people in Downpatrick without electricity ? If that hadn't been on the news would they have noticed ?

0 |

Very very light flakes beginning to fall in newtownabbey

0 |

Heavy as fuck in newtownabbey today group text from boss second day in a row "is anyone coming in today?"

0 |

nothing in carrick, a few light flakes that melt as soon as they hit the ground

0 |

Been whooping it down for a couple of hours here in Lisburn. Roads are looking dodgy and traffic is at a standstill again fs. I hear there hasn't been sign of any in Belfast though?

0 |

lol, it has hardly stoppped in newtownabbey since Friday. there must be a good 10inches on the table out my back garden. I also dug the snow off the footpath outside the house up to my sisters, just throwing it into garden on the way up. I would say my front garden has a good 4 foot of snow in it now.

0 |

Going to be going for a while yet if it's cold enough: www.raintoday.co.uk

0 |

Madness in newtownbreda, it snowing sideways

0 |

Been snowing all day in Newtownbreda. Only started lying around 5pm though

0 |

Aye hes a bit of a fibber alright.

Always accusing people of being informers.

0 |

Jesus MTB....

0 |

left belfast at 5pm, hadn't seen snow all day - got to within 3mile of my house in lisburn at 5.45pm and only just got in the door - used enough petrol to get me to work and back twice on a normal day!

0 |

Theres about forty foot of snow here in the beautiful south

0 |

YEEEOOOO

Just got email saying college is closed in Lisburn tomorrow

Day off. Schweeeeet

0 |

0 |

Just got home from work. About 20 cars and two lorries stranded on beech hill road. Grim.

0 |

Wasnt snowing yesterday evening on Lisburn Road, so left he house to do a quick run to Sainsburys in the Kennedy Centre. Started snowing and basically took us 2 hours to gwt down Stockmans, round the roundabout only to turn back home again. Vehicles being abandoned everywhere at this point, stranded lorries, it was nuts.

0 |

Yay for snow days work can fuck right off :)

0 |

My second day off

Praise be to the almighty snow gods

0 |

Lving in city centre, working in Holywood, so far weather hasn't effected me much.

Moving to Mallusk tomorrow.

Hello chaos.

0 |

it is genuinely at least 8 degrees colder in mallusk than the city centre. no more £20 gas bills for you lad.

0 |

No more gas bills at all. We've agreed that I pay electricity, she pays heating.

0 |

lol, stroked me

0 |

So the problems up round Lisburn yesterday, were they down to just the snow or was that security alert a big part of it?

0 |

it was the snow really - lots of dicks in bmws getting stuck on hills etc. the security alert didn't start until well after the traffic bother.

also - the protesters at hillhall were actually helping stuck motorists, so they did some good being out.

0 |

lol.. where'd you see a BMW stuck Ceri?

0 |

that was reports via my sister and other friends that were stuck.

But driving in this morning, where were at least 10 abondoned cars along my route to work and other than maybe 2 of them, the rest were all bmws.

0 |

Nearly every car abandoned yesterday i saw was a BMW

0 |

I nearly got stuck yesterday in Lisburn in mine so your sister may have been talking about my hold up! lol

It's the people who toodle along and mean to have to slow right down and loose all momentum that cause the majority of the problems.

0 |

Aye - people that approach a hill @ 2mph. Catch a grip u fuckos

0 |

Has anyone tried going over the high town road, i.e. from Silverstream to Mallusk? Wondering if that might be a better route than trying to face sandyknowes and a certain hill in mallusk.

0 |

Wasn't sure if my car was going to make it up Rocky Road when conditions were fine. Wouldn't even attempt going near it when it's icy: maps.google.co.uk/maps...

0 |

I'm totally blinkered to the extent of the weather problem to be honest. City centre is pretty much snow free now.

0 |

That's a great road Ron, I like to go up that to entertain the kids.

I'm a brilliant dad me.

0 |

Use to drive down Rocky Road every day, scary

0 |

Will be my new running route when I move into my new house :/

0 |

Some woman pullled out on that corner and I had to stop the car and did an extreme hill start. New tyres got a right test. Don't know if the previous baldy ones would have made it seriously.

0 |

Plenty of rain today washing away the snow. Same everyonewhere else?

Made it Lisburn and back no sweat last night. Mallusk tonight.

0 |

Apologies for the Daily Mail link, but some of these photos are class. Check out the video of the mad waves off the coast of Ireland at the bottom!
www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...

0 |

I was out at 8 this morning clearing the local primary school and nursery of snow like a fucking boss

Day off now and chill in front of the fire. Going in on Friday until 2:30

One day weeks all the way :)

0 |

lol @ sheep doing a circle pit

0 |

looks like tomorrow and the weekend might be fun: www.bbc.co.uk/weather/...

no sign of global warming anytime soon.

0 |

dragons?

0 |

I had a camping trip arranged for over easter.....ruined fs

0 |

nearly april like

0 |

strong nasty is strong

bright side

I won't feel guilty gaming over the next 2 weeks

0 |

Climate change, not global warming. This erratic weather fits perfectly with it.

0 |

It's scary to think that probably too much damage has been done for the seasons to go back to normal now.

0 |

This is nature taking it's course. We've just speeded it up. Less time to adapt.

0 |