Choose a discussion

Gonna be spending a lot more time traveling these days so hit me up with some half decent ones in any area. Dont really need music ones, all catered for there ;-)

0 |

The Psycopath Test by Ronson is a good read.

2 |

Read most of his books, he's a very good author, always delves into odd and interesting things

0 |

any good stand up type sets in audio form? pref uk artists.

0 |

Few good play lists on Spotify for comedy. The British Comedy play list is great. Anyone from Stewart Lee to old school stand up by Rowan Atkinson

0 |

tคккเรςђเtt • 1 week, 3 days ago
I'm the same regarding Joe Rogan, Mopez. Those suggestions Hicksy gave have been good though. I think I'll just keep his podcast in my app and if I recognise a name I'm interested in, I'll give it a listen.

Very welcome. That's what I tend to do, takki. After I listened to the Armstrong one I gave the Jeff Nevitski episode go, just for comparison but it was brutal. He makes virtually no mention of Armstrong and he and Rogan just go into laborious, boring detail about doping. Shit listen.

Milo is a great one to listen to. In one off interviews that I've seen him in he comes across as intelligent and some of his points (within reason) make sense in an alt-right sense/way but the podcast just exposed him as an arsehole. I felt he just said these controversial & inflammatory things just to get reactions. He just kinda gradually became a caty, bitchy camp caricature.

0 |

Joe Rogan podcast #919 with Neil deGrasse Tyson is a good one, horses.

0 |

audioboom.com/posts/57...
the podcast is always good but this one is great , loads of really interesting facts for the pub in this one.

1 |

Probably my fave podcast, sumguy.

0 |

I know it's not podcasts but any good sites for downloading audio books? Was going to use audible as thought it was a Netflix/Spotify for books but i see its limited to 1 book a month which is a bit shit.

0 |

eaudiobookbay.com

0 |

That site work for you takki?

0 |

yep

0 |

weird so wouldn't work when connected to my usual uk vpn, so tried one in California still would not work, but loads when i changed to a vpn in Switzerland.

0 |

Sumguy, with audible you can keep downloading books and refunding them so you can get about 5 or 6 books at least for one credit. Id recommend it. Theyre a great wee company

0 |

this should be good

0 |

These are great, Radiolab

0 |

I've listened to a few Lore podcasts recently and enjoyed them. I think someone may have suggested it in here, but if not, here's the info:

Lore

Winner of the iTunes "Best of 2015" & "Best of 2016" Awards
Winner of the "Best History Podcast 2016" by Podcast Academy

Lore is an award-winning, critically-acclaimed podcast about true life scary stories. Our fears have roots. Lore exposes the darker side of history, exploring the creatures, people, and places of our wildest nightmares.

Because sometimes the truth is more frightening than fiction.

Each episode examines a new dark tale from history in a style similar to a campfire experience. With over 5,800 5-star reviews on iTunes and an average of 6-million monthly listens, that's clearly a good thing.

New episodes are released every two weeks, on Mondays.

www.lorepodcast.com

0 |

I'm going to give this a listen. Sam Harris interviews Charles Murray, The Author of A Bell Curve. I know nothing about him other than there been protest at his talk and apparently his controversial book goes into intelligence among groups and races.

Sam Harris is controversial himself for being very outspoken about Islam faith. He speaks out about all religion. He reminds me of Hitchens.

0 |

Like Harris' stuff.

0 |

That sounds class Takki

0 |

Harris' takedown of Glenn Greenwald, brutal

goo.gl/9AYAVv

0 |

Listened to that Charles Murray one, good stuff.

0 |

Only about 15 or so episodes in to this one as started from the start, but its a good comedy view of some of the complete crazy shit Americans have did throughout history.

Episode 8 Is completely crazy, about john lilly a guy who invented the sensory deprivation tank, thought he could talk to dolphins by feeding them lsd, eventually convinced a woman to live in a special designed house with a dolphin which she eventually ended up wanking off and the dolphin committing suicide. All funded by the US government. But weirdly the whole way we view dolphins as a smart species is down to him.

www.dolloppodcast.com

1 |

Anyone listen to the S-Town podcast? Its frim the same people who did Serial. Ih my god, I was not expecting that twist midway through. Loving it so far. Still about 3 episodes to go. Give it a listen folks. Fascinating stuff.

0 |

Just started listening to it. John B sounds like a legend. Here is his maze. goo.gl/maps/8BvyZjruxL92

0 |

My new favourite word. Decrepitude.

0 |

lol at "He either died, or was paraplegerized".

0 |

Haha. Absolute madman. Infectious character. Absolute genius like. Im midway through episode 3. No idea whats gonna happen. Let me know when you get to the big twist.

0 |

I’m there. Loving it. Loving it more than the Baltimore one.

0 |

What the hell like? Didnt see that coming. Im barely even halfway through so be interesting to see what happens next. Youre flying through it man.

0 |

The Blindboy Podcast

0 |

Whats it about mate?

0 |

These cousins in S-Town are gonna cause a shitstorm

0 |

It's one of the guys from Rubberbandits. Seems OK so far. Some funny chat. I'll probably just dip in and out, but it's worth a look if you like the Rubberbandits stuff.

0 |

You heard Gervais's new one?

0 |

No? Is Karl P involved??

1 |

That dolphin one sumguy fuckin hell had me in stitches haven't laughed like that since gervais n merchant and Karl podcasts

0 |

No, think theyve fallen out Takk. Same as him and Merchant. This is Sirius XM in america. Only 1 episode so far but hes gonna have Robin Ince and Richard Dawkins, Brian Cox and loads of other guests. First episode was good

0 |

What's called, Mopez? Ricky Gervais Is Deadly Sirius?

0 |

Thats it Takk

0 |

James O'Brien has a new one he's doing with Joe, might have been mentioned before. The latest Russia one is interesting if not surprising

0 |

Check out S-Town mate

0 |

S-Town is one of the saddest things I have ever heard. Brilliant podcast.

1 |

What's it about?

0 |

Basically journalist spends time with a guy in Alabama who contacted him over what he believes to be some sort of mad conspiracy around a death.

0 |

Class isnt it Shane? Im on episode 4. Loving it. John B is some character.

0 |

Was brilliant. Such a great story.

1 |

Is it fiction?

0 |

No.

0 |

Finally finished listening to s-town. John B. Scholar, Gentleman, Poof.

1 |