Choose a discussion

Gonna be spending a lot more time traveling these days so hit me up with some half decent ones in any area. Dont really need music ones, all catered for there ;-)

0 |

joe rogan's podcasts are unbelievable for non-music stuff. great stories and discussions.

0 |

Who he? N link dear b

0 |

Two beers with Steve is one I have followed. Really interesting guests. Topics around economics politics and environment.

Also micau kaku's series on space and all things science.

NPR Planet Money

KCRW morning becomes eclectic

0 |

gillz i only ever listen to joe rogans podcasts off youtube, not too sure where else they go up that you can dl them off. he mainly talks about generally shiz and boys tellin unbelievable stories, lotta talk bout psychedelics too from what ive listened, all in all quite enjoyable listen.

music-wise i dont think you can fault resident advisors monday podcasts like. xlr8r podcasts are usually decent, quite like the rinse podcasts too for the sorta future-garagey stuff. for techno, liebings clr podcasts. housey sorta shiz, hush house is decent (smee told me bout that one). tbh these are maiinly just mixes than actually podcast. possibly, resident advisor exchange could be interesting but ive only ever listened to a couple.

0 |

Ruff jamz podcast for house mixes

0 |

Cheers guys, interested in the non music ones, educational, pop culture, sport type stuff

0 |

my weekly rotation. all pretty light comedy to listen to while tidying up the house etc.

Answer me this
dave goreman
frank skinner
would you rather
stuff you should know
rhod gilbert
scott mills
alex baker

0 |

Nice wan

0 |

Ricky Gervais series are brilliant

0 |

Joerogan.ne
Deathsquad.tv
Bonezonepodcast.com
Allthingscomedy.com

0 |

This American Life

0 |

Olive Garden butthole

2 |

Guardian football weekly. Kermode and mayo. Engadget podcast. Football ramble. Skeptics guide to the universe.

0 |

Most recent Rogan podcast is with science fiction writer Daniel H. Wilson. Fascinating conversation.

Duncan Trussell's Family Hour's pretty class as well, love the introductory monologues.

duncantrussell.com/cat...

0 |

That Wilson one is great. The morality of new technologies etc very interesting!

0 |

Fascinating stuff indeed, gonna give this a go in the near future...

www.amazon.co.uk/Robop...

0 |

Any decent podcast these days?

0 |

Quite like Doug loves movies and ten minute podcast. I still listen to a shitload in work.

0 |

WTFPod Marc Maron
Irishman Abroad

0 |

Good Podcast app is free from Amazon App Store at the mo (Android) - www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0...

0 |

Joe Rogans conversation with Brian Cox was great. Something you could listen to more than once

0 |

Radiolab is brilliant. Best podcast I've heard. Have been working my way through them for the past few months. Really interesting.. mixture of science, popular culture etc. Very varied, but always interesting. Put together really well, great production and sound design.
www.radiolab.org

The episode about Lucy, a chimp who was brought up to think she was human, is a great example..
www.radiolab.org/story...

0 |

Whole episode here..
www.radiolab.org/story...

0 |

Joe Rogan.
London Real.

0 |

Will give that Radiolab podcast a wee sub and see what it's like. Sounds good.

I've got my bunch of podcasts down to a select few now. Basically have enough subscription to give me a week's worth of stuff, each week. Trying to avoid anything that doesn't deliver week in week out.

0 |

I religiously listen to Tell 'Em Steve Dave. It's not for everyone, a couple of lads who run a comic book store plus Q from Impractical Jokers just shoot the shit about movies and current events. Think it's on the billboard every week, has a serious following, especially in the states.

One thing I've found myself listening to going to and from work is Desert Island Discs from BBC Radio 4, some of the ones in the archive are absolutely brilliant.

0 |

I got recommend a good podcast. Serial. Season 2 came out yesterday, about Bowe Bergdahl the american soldier who went AWOL in afghanistan. I just started listening to Season 1, which talks about a teenager in Maryland, that supposedly killed a young girl at his school. His lawyer fucked him over apparently.

0 |

wow, im hooked after the first episode of season 1 of Serial. Get it on the download!

0 |

Any good music ones to download?

0 |

Agreed on Serial. Great listen. Good article about it in the independent today as well.

0 |

Young girl was buried in Leakin Park.

1 |

The music podcasts are hard to come by. it must be having to pay the rights for the music but KCRW have good music podcasts.

The Conspiracy Guys is a class podcast. They have a laugh investigating things like the Illuminati and the Madelene McCann disappearance.

0 |

Also the Infinite Monkey Cage is good. With your sciency guy off the tele. COX

1 |

website has photos and maps for each episode. erialpodcast.org/seaso...

0 |

Check out the mix hunt podcast for a few good mixes. There's a class one from Beyer and Slam at T in the Park there during the summer. Bengin

1 |

Cheers RP. Only music podcast I can find to download is Tom Robinson's Introducing. All unsigned bands so probably is rights that makes it hard to find others.

0 |

Like the look of Those Conspiracy Guys podcast. Had a look down their previous ones and got a few downloaded that I recognised which I thought might be good to start on (Denver International Airport, Nikola Tesla, Nibiru and The Anunnaki and the Philadelphia Experiment). Nice one.

Here's my list of podcasts with links, for anyone who's interested. Flash, there's some music ones in there too. My favorites, which I always listen to, have a star at the start.

*James O'Brien's Mystery Hour - lbc.audioagain.com/pod...
*FEEL MY BICEP » FMB MIXTAPE SERIES - feeds.feedburner.com/F...
*Gilles Peterson - rss.acast.com/gillespe...
*XLR8R » Podcasts - feeds.feedburner.com/X...
5 live Science Podcast - www.bbc.co.uk/programm...
Trailer Park Boys - bpodcast.libsyn.com/r
Discovery - www.bbc.co.uk/programm...
Science Weekly - www.theguardian.com/sc...
*Melbourne Deepcast - www.melbournedeepcast...." />
*This week in Cosmos Magazine - odcast.cosmosmagazine....
Science in Action - www.bbc.co.uk/programm...
Big Picture Science - odcast.seti.org/index.xml
BBC Inside Science - www.bbc.co.uk/programm...
Those Conspiracy Guys - www.thoseconspiracyguy...
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - feeds.feedburner.com/d...
Ninja Tune Podcast - www.ninjatune.net/ninj...
RA Podcast - www.residentadvisor.ne...
BOILER ROOM - feeds.feedburner.com/b...
Louche Podcast - www.louchemusic.com/wp...
BBC Focus Magazine Podcast - feeds.feedburner.com/B...
*No Such Thing As A Fish - feeds.soundcloud.com/u...
Radiolab - feeds.wnyc.org/radiolab
*The Infinite Monkey Cage - www.bbc.co.uk/programm...
Sasha presents Last Night On Earth - asha.podtree.com/feed/...

I might have said before, but I use Pocket Casts to manage my podcasts on the phone. Great app, if you haven't tried it.

1 |

Gonna grab that BBC Introducing podcast, too. Fun fact of the day/claim to fame, one of my songs was played on that back in 2008.

Anyone any other podcasts worth a mention?

0 |

NPR Planet Money is good for dullard economics chat

0 |

This Alan watts podcast is great

itunes.apple.com/us/po...

1 |

Legend

0 |

Richard Herrings Leicester Square Theatre Podcast. Just got on this now. There's like 96. Just listened to ones with David Mitchell and Limmy. Stupid and Funny.

0 |

That Joe Rogan is a bit of a gimp isn't he?

0 |

for someone who has smoked dmt and done shrooms a lot (allegedly), I'm afraid I have to agree.

0 |

put it down to being hit in the head too much. he's definitely a fat-headed retard and I stopped listening to him years back.

0 |

Gave his Cowspiracy podcast a go but he's hard to listen to

0 |

he done a recent podcast with Stanhope where Stanhope broke up with his gf Live on air then got back together or something apparently later on the show.
Proper spastic stuff. None of the 3 of them have ever done shrooms. They are all liars.
I was sad to hear this when out running. 3 cunts all out of ideas.

0 |

at least be honest. just be honest.

0 |

don't bullshit us and waste our time.

0 |

Is that what you would listen to out running aye? Have you listened to Serial?

0 |